• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. R

What did you do to your Type R today?

The FK8 definitely attracts attention...which can be a good and a bad thing. I originally bought it purely because of its looks and I still think it looks amazing. The S3 is much more understated, although if pushed considerably faster off the line. It just suits my everyday driving style...
  2. R

Traded it in.
  3. R

FK8 RS3 to Type R

Yep, RS3 is an absolute beast.....it has all the performance and grip anybody could possibly need from a road car. :)
  4. R

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

A saloon car has a separate opening boot. ie. the rear screen stays in place when opened. :) There has been an increasing number of manufacturer specific terms which have confused things.
  5. R

FK8 Shell V-Power

I've only used V Power in my FK8 but have been noticing the price rising sharply in recent weeks. It's around 1.43 a litre here.
  6. R

Of course, my mistake. :smt053 I'm actually sitting in a 3 door right now as it happens. :D
  7. R

It is definitely a long and wide car. The physical size surprised me when I first got it....especially when reversing into my garage. As said though....and of course you know this, a hatchback is defined by an opening tailgate, also known as a 5 door car. :)
  8. R

A Nextbase special....Halfords just one of the places you can buy them. :D I use a Nextbase 412GW, also bought from Halfords funnily enough. :D Why don't you tuck the cable in along top of window then down the side behind the rubber? That's what I done....takes 5 minutes and the cable can't be...
  9. R

Don't need to remove any trim....the wire runs down the side of windscreen behind the flexible rubber then under the dash. Completely hidden from view. :)
  10. R

FK8 Finally seen another FK8

Yep, both are rare cars in most parts. I've still only seen the one FK8, and as above only a handful of FK2s....if even that.
  11. R

I've changed my mind.....it does look pretty good in that photo. :)
  12. R

That's what I expected....I was just surprised you hadn't removed the front one before taking the photo. It's a pity the Honda Design one wasn't available, I think it looks neater and a bit more discreet. :)
  13. R

Is there still a carrier film to peel off on the Honda decal? Purely my own personal opinion of course, but I don't think the Honda decal adds anything.
  14. R

Sorry you just confused me when you said "boggo civic fk8", because that could only be the non GT model. :D Yes they only do the 1.0 and 1.5 in the current petrol range with 127bhp and 180bhp respectively. Courtesy cars are usually lower powered models...but could be a 1.5. :) 1.5 engine is...
  15. R

Im pretty sure you didn't mean to write fk8 there. :) What courtesy car did you get?
  16. R

FK8 FK8 added to Forza 7 yesterday

How so? LHD on it's own is not conclusive, but Jay.dee also mentioned the orange lensed marker lights yesterday. I did think it was based on the American model because it only has 306bhp, which the American market is well known for this power deficit. I just thought it was strange that you...
  17. R

2 thirds of the world drive on the right, so the vehicles are LHD. :) Sorry, not sure what point you were making. :smt053
  18. R

We have orange marker lights on the UK model. Just realised you mean the lens is orange. :)
  19. R

Must be the American FK8 the game version is based on seeing as it only has 306 bhp. :)
  20. R

Have trade in values taken a nosedive for some reason? A couple of weeks ago when I checked the CAP value of my car it was around 28k for the top price, but the same site is now quoting £26900. :confused:
  21. R

FK8 GT extras worth the extra 2k ?

Just as long as you didn't put your feet up on my dash. :lol::lol::lol:
  22. R

It is true that everything else being equal then less weight can make a car faster....but the question is how much weight loss is needed before it results in a measurable difference. I would think the difference in weight between the 2 models is negligible....in fact Honda do not quote any...
  23. R

Do you actually believe this, or was it just a light hearted comment? :)
  24. R

I'm amazed you let him even make it to 3 strikes. :eek: He would have been out after 1 if it was me....assuming I gave him a lift in the first place :D I don't like giving anybody a lift unless they are either close friend or female, and the latter has its problems highlighted by blue...
  25. R

Non GT doesn't have dual climate, or the all important red trim around the outside of the car. :D If it doesn't have parking sensors then presumably it doesn't have the camera either. Doesn't have auto dimming rear view mirror, folding door mirrors or wireless charging. Admittedly some things...
  26. R

FK8 GT Hifi - poor bass (generally poor sound)

I have never used the sat nav in my car....not even to test it out. I don't usually go places I've not already been before. :D It might come in useful sometime though. :)
  27. R

Yes spray paint would be better, but like you say I don't fancy having to protect against the overspray. From what I've read most of these paints are quite thin so 2 coats could be necessary....but we will see. I always make sure my car is in gear with hand brake on when jacking it up, but will...
  28. R

I bought this for painting my hubs. I'm assuming 250ml will be enough to do all 4....but god knows when I will actually get around to it. I expect it will be quite a time consuming job, and maybe not do all 4 on the same day. The people that have done this did you do any surface preparation...
  29. R

:lol::lol::lol:
  30. R

Standard run of the mill car stereo systems generally lack good bass regardless of how you set the controls. I have learned to not anticipate too much from them even when they are advertised as enhanced or upgraded etc. Ford are exactly the same......the sound is at best acceptable but entirely...
  31. R

I saw that...the FK2 driver made a very good start. There was no real point to that video IMO. I would much rather have seen both cars starting at the same time to get an appreciation of how much faster the NSX is.
  32. R

"A Honda Civic Type R quicker than an NSX with a 5 second lead" :lol: The FK2 driver genuinely seemed pleased with himself there. :D
  33. R

I'm not bothered about it....it's not my car. :lol:
  34. R

I heard this too....didn't sound healthy, and I bet the car's owner also noticed it. ;) I also noticed the car had the upper tailgate spoiler fitted but looks like the centre section was in black to match the rear wing. :)
  35. R

Look how much lower the NSX is compared to the FK8. The standing start and rolling acceleration tests went exactly as I would have expected. Once the FK8 is moving it neutralises any advantages its competition have off the line. :)
  36. R

So it is DDS on this car rather than TPMS. Very surprised at this. :shock: I stand corrected. :smt053 Regarding TPMS though....this doesn't necessarily mean that individual pressures are displayed, so you can still be in the dark regarding which wheel has set off the alarm. My 2015 Focus ST was...
  37. R

Working on the rolling circumference of the wheel using the ABS is the old way of doing things......it is proper TPMS now using individual wheel sensors. I believe something was put in place a few years ago by law to make tyre pressure monitoring compulsory on all new cars.
  38. R

Yes I'm no longer the only one around here...but will always be the first. :D
  39. R

It's only taken almost 8 months but I have finally seen another FK8 on the road. :) Was a black one in my local area with K70 on the number plate. I would have given a wee wave but was too late after I spotted it. Wonder if it is anybody on here?
  40. R

I hope you are not condoning speeding on the Queen's highway. ;) Even the most alert driver can get caught out these days. Just for the record I am certainly no angel....but in moderation. :twisted: I wouldn't have a Corsa as my only car even if you paid me to drive it. :lol:
  41. R

I agree about the car, but with the amount of mobile speed traps springing up all over the place its just not worth exploring the cars capabilities in anything other short controlled bursts of enjoyment. :) The majority of journeys can only be driven at the speed limit, so no significant...
  42. R

What does that include for the price? I ask because the service pack costs £599.
  43. R

FK8 Windscreen crack. Grrr!

Just going back to a point mentioned earlier.....when you get your replacement glass have a look at the right hand corner and see if it has the Honda "H" logo etched onto it directly above Pilkington. It should be Pilkington glass. Out of curiosity I went on Autoglass website and done a test...
  44. R

Bye FK8, hello i8

Yes this is one area where pre April 2017 cars benefit compared to newer ones - they have free road tax whereas the new ones are £450 from year 2-6. Not sure about the amazing mpg though.....only based on what I've seen and read is that it is greatly reduced from what BMW state. Similar to all...
  45. R

Bye FK8, hello i8

Stunning car....but even a 2014 model is about 1.5 times the price of a brand new FK8, so way out of my league. :( I remember Clarkson driving it back to back with the M3 on Top Gear, then after eating his chips had to make a decision which one to drive home in....and he chose the i8. :D
  46. R

FK8 Coventry.. What are the chances........?

Yeah it really is weird. :confused: I laughed at your "mirrors off a fairground attraction", but they are definitely telling lies at times like this. Sometimes I end up not relying on the mirrors and just looking straight ahead to make sure my car appears straight, and I usually get a better...
  47. R

You said in a later post that you are "looking at this the wrong way"....and you absolutely are if your number 1 concern is how much you will be able to sell the car for in 1 years time. You are considering buying a used car which has depreciated already, although as others have said the car is...
  48. R

FK8 Coventry.. What are the chances........?

I wish all parking spaces were the width of those parent and child spaces. :lol: Most likely bought from the same dealer as you. I've still never seen another FK8 on the road. While on the subject of parking....I am quite OCD about reversing into spaces while looking in my angled down...
  49. R

FK8 Windscreen crack. Grrr!

I'm sure you are entitled to insist on a manufacturer branded windscreen from your insurance. I have seen this subject crop up a few times because places like Autoglass tend not to fit OEM windscreens, but can order them as long as your insurance will pay the extra. What the actual difference...
  50. R

This is true....but on the recall letter sent to us it has our VIN number and states our car is a Type R. Its clearly been sent to all new Civic owners, but no need to send it to Type R owners. Think of the postage charges that could have been saved. :lol:
  51. R

Yes got it this morning....but it only affects the 1.0 and 1.5 engine so don't know why they are sending it to us.
  52. R

FK8 Oi mate, Awesome car but that rear wing looks daft

Don't forget forum discount if ordering from Cox....comes in at around £311 with free delivery. :)
  53. R

I have it on reliable authority that it's timed at 0.4 hr. :) Edit. Never seen Jim's reply before I replied. :D I should have looked first. I said the same thing to Dotty not long ago. :lol:
  54. R

It's a dealer fit option....or buy from Cox at a really good discount price and fit yourself. The reason I was asking is because I've got one but haven't fitted it yet. :) I think it looks great and adds a finishing touch to the overall outrageousness of the car. To my mind it should have been...
  55. R

I remember Alonso chilling on his deck chair.....brilliant. :lol:
  56. R

You see there you go again resorting to personal insults when I have not attacked you....you just cant seem to help yourself Jason. :rolleyes: Do me a favour though...I'm not your mate so please stop calling me such. That's twice now you have attempted to insult me about my age. I don't know...
  57. R

Did you fit it yourself? If so did you have any problem removing the original 4 grommets, and did the 2 holes line up perfectly?
  58. R

Exactly...it would either be madness or money no object mentality to spend that on top of the purchase price of a new FK8 GT. You would lose big time when you came to trade in.
  59. R

Full carbon pack = waste of money.....or money no object to you. Purely IMO of course. :)
  60. R

Service plan is £599 and all paint with exception of red is £525. Not very fair charging £525 for the other solid colour of Championship White.....but paint prices in general are a rip off with all manufacturers.
  61. R

FK8 MyHonda dongle thing?

I had a similar type of experience yesterday albeit over a much shorter distance with a......wait for it - Toyota Avensis. :eek: I was on a country road with plenty of corners and short straights when he(assumed Male) suddenly appeared on my rear bumper. I seen him and wondered what he was...
  62. R

Very good quality photos....just like your previous ones. :cool: Phone cameras are getting better all the time, but I'm betting you're using a decent DSLR there?
  63. R

Deteriorating Honda badges

Yep, it happened to the tailgate badge on 2 of my pre facelift Mk.3's. The wheel centres were also affected but I had gel overlay badges on them so it wasn't noticed. The 2015 facelift model I had was fine....so maybe Ford sorted the problem. Rather disappointed to see what seems to be the same...
  64. R

Deteriorating Honda badges

While washing my car this morning I noticed 2 of my Honda badges are starting to deteriorate at the edges - one on the tailgate at bottom right of the badge, and the other on my front wheel. I have seen this happen before....Ford badges were particularly bad for it to the point where dealers...
  65. R

Newbie touching base...

I have so far dismissed black as a colour for the FK8, but admittedly it does look very good in your photos. :cool: Like you say though an absolute bugger to keep clean :eek: I am bad enough trying to keep my black wheels clean....even immediately after washing them! Welcome by the way. :D
  66. R

EP3 FK8 exhausts

They should use it to quickly leave. :lol:
  67. R

FK8 MyHonda dongle thing?

How much do these cost? Depending on price I can decide if it's worth getting or not. :)
  68. R

F355 is definitely one of the nicest looking Ferraris. :cool:
  69. R

FK8 New FK8 owners Q&A - everything you want to know and dare to ask here

Oops I've just realised it was carmats-uk being asked about and not carmats4u. :smt053 Sorry my mistake.
  70. R

The car is trying to be too smart for its own good.....thinks it knows better than the driver. :D Having said that it will do with some drivers. :lol:
  71. R

FK8 New FK8 owners Q&A - everything you want to know and dare to ask here

Carmats4u mats come with the correct holes but no fixing clips. This is what I bought and when I contacted them they were under the impression that the new car should have been supplied with the fittings attached to the carpet. I told them this is not the case and fittings are supplied with...
  72. R

Yes it's a no overtaking sign and I get it too.....but not sure what activates it.
  73. R

FK8 Diskloks

I know, we had this discussion in another place. :D I did buy something but found out my model is not compatible.
  74. R

FK8 Diskloks

It's funny you should say that because I almost talked myself into doing the same thing not long after I got my car. I still might. :lol:
  75. R

FK8 Diskloks

Yeah the back seats are a bit of a let down. :( I don't have a phone that's compatible with wireless charging so keep that function turned off. Sunroof would be nice.....I've not had one of them for decades. :D
  76. R

FK8 Diskloks

Unfortunately not. I believe some brands allow this....but Honda and Ford do not.
  77. R

FK8 Diskloks

:lol::lol::lol: I keep a baseball bat beside my bed for this eventuality....it inflicts pain of the non pleasurable kind. :twisted:
  78. R

FK8 Discounts on GT

Don't say that :eek: although I agree about black....it hides too may details and is difficult to keep clean and avoid swirl marks. I am not keen on Sonic Grey and Polished Metal.....but we all have different tastes. I don't think anybody buys a non GT Type R....certainly nobody on this forum...
  79. R

Yes, 0W-20
  80. R

FK8 Admiral Car Insurance renewal just hit the roof.....

I'll have a wee look. :)
  81. R

FK8 Sweden's first Official FK8 Meet...

2 owners picked the ideal colour for their car. :D :hide: I noticed the red car has Pirelli tyres. What is the standard fit tyre in Sweden?
  82. R

I'll take your word for it....I have never even heard of it. :) I will go look it up now but assume it must be a grey import.
  83. R

I realise it will probably not affect you, but there is an important point to note about Greenlight Insurance which everybody may not be aware of.... They have a maximum car value of only £20000, which pretty much completely excludes them for the majority of brand new cars. I think their aim is...
  84. R

I know.....its like every review of the FK8 has recycled the same words. :lol: They all jumped on the same bandwagon of hating the looks(something I have never understood :confused: ), but no review could fault the way it drives....with the majority rating it as the best hot hatch currently on...
  85. R

FK8 Discounts on GT

First year rate has went up £30, so a Honda rise of £500 which gives the total of £530. Second year onwards is unchanged at £140.
  86. R

FK8 Discounts on GT

You definitely got a discount then....which is more than I got. Your figure is not a whole number so it would seem that additional extras have been added to the total price. List price of GT at launch = £32995 Current price = £33525
  87. R

FK8 Discounts on GT

I was surprised to learn of the price rise too, but it's went up by £530 not £1000. I deliberately never used the word "only" there. :lol: It was £32995 from launch last September with the price rise kicking in this year sometime, but not sure exactly when.
  88. R

FK8 Discounts on GT

Maybe I have misunderstood what you are meaning.....but it's not Carwow that provide the discount, they simply put you in contact with dealers who are. Like you say no discounts were available anywhere when the FK8 went on sale, but they have been available recently. I have been registered with...
  89. R

FK8 Replacing orange side market bulbs

Thank you, that would be great. :) I think it looks great by the way. :cool:
  90. R

Why is the new Cupra R so expensive? :eek: Does this make it the most expensive FWD car on sale? Yes there's only 24 of them coming to the UK and all sold.....but maybe Seat worried they couldn't sell more than that at the price. :lol: Seriously though.....that is a very high price for what you...
  91. R

FK8 Replacing orange side market bulbs

The clear bulb does look much nicer in your photo compared with the orange bulb. :) It's something I would consider doing. Would like to see what it looks like at night though. The red accent that runs along the top of your headlights and grille....is this simply a stick on part or does it...
  92. R

Type-R FK8 Rallye Red

Oh I don't know.....those photos look at least as good as any professional job I've seen. :cool: You could always build another garage. :)
  93. R

FK8 SportContact 6 Tread Wear

Yes Chris definitely got the car sideways on Top Gear....looked impressive but ultimately cost time I would have thought. It's not the ability to oversteer that I am surprised about, but the lift off/snap oversteer. Maybe this only happens if going ridiculously fast into a bend......but even in...
  94. R

Type-R FK8 Rallye Red

As much as I like the colour of my car, it's just not possible to get that level of shine from the paintwork. That looks brilliant. :cool: Definitely not a 5 minute job. :lol:
  95. R

I would love to try this. :) Anytime I have went into a bend a little too fast and my car has started to understeer I just lifted off the power and the car came back into line with no dramas. I would have **** myself and probably binned it if it had went into snap oversteer. :eek:
  96. R

This depends a lot on the car, and some have been notorious for it. I have never experienced a front wheel drive car that routinely exhibits lift off oversteer......but that's not to say it cant happen. :)
  97. R

FK8 What did you learn about your FK8 today?

Cant say I've noticed anything on my car...but in general a good colour match between metal and plastic can be a common problem with all manufacturers....and gets better or worse with certain colours, with the worst being metallics.
  98. R

Oversteer is harder to control because you need to apply opposite lock....something which is completely alien to the average driver. Front wheel drive understeer is much more controllable because all you need to do is lift off the power and the vehicle will come back into line. If there is a...
  99. R

If anybody is interested the SP6 tyres are not directional. I asked the question earlier but confirmed it for myself this afternoon. I have just finished swapping my wheels front to rear.....I used my trolley jack and got a loan of my dad's scissor jack for the rear. Took just under an hour. I...
  100. R

FK8 Discounts on GT

Carwow were coming up with at least a 1k discount...possibly 1.5 last time I looked. Will be interesting to see if there is any improvement on that. I doubt it....but you never know.
Back