• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. M

BMW M2 competition

Milltek, Milltek, Milltek
  2. M

Come on then who was it?

Looks like someone didn’t stop at the T junction.
  3. M

EP3 Buying/financing your Type R

Yep, they are discounting them which they didn’t used to do very often on the prefacelift.
  4. M

We buy any car. They are a very good indicator of what the car is really worth. Quite a few of us have sold our cars through them because they were being rather generous.
  5. M

Just be aware that the cars value is £24145 so you will lose nearly 5k the moment you pick it up. Prices are overinflated at the moment but once the current stock clears the prices will come down.
  6. M

I honestly wouldn’t buy one yet. Stealers have been paying over the odds from sellers like myself and a few others on the forum. You need to wait for the overpriced stock to clear and a few ex demo facelifts to be for sale around the 30k mark. My former car is currently for sale at Chiswick...
  7. M

EP3 2 NEW type R Models confirmed ! LIGHT WEIGHT & SPORT Line , black seats back too !

I had one Premium Plus in yellow with aero kit. Discarded it after 5 months. Steering was robotic, build quality was horrible, the whole car creaked, rattled and groaned. After 3 months all 4 brake discs warped and once they were fixed the drive shaft seal disintegrated and destroyed that shaft...
  8. M

EP3 Boost Blue

Boost blue just doesn’t suit the Type R IMO.
  9. M

What did you do to your Type R today?

The FK2 is a different matter. I suspect the prices on those will stay stable for a long time. Im talking about the FK8 prices which have gone bonkers over the past month.
  10. M

What age mileage?
  11. M

The WE Buy any Car Type R bubble just burst. Overnight drop from £27k to £23.6k
  12. M

Yep told you the prices were crazy. The one I sold nearly 2 weeks ago hasn’t yet popped up for sale. Maybe WBAC know something we don’t. Will there not be a UK facelift R?
  13. M

Honestly I have no idea! Supra? Im chopping in our XC40 T5 shortly too for a V6 Velar. I’m just going to bide my time for the fun car.
  14. M

Webuyanycar, 68 plate, 8500 miles they gave me £26500. Had a pleasant experience, the car was spotless so didn’t knock off any money.
  15. M

Sold mine today. Its been a very pleasurable 6 months and I've now scratched the FK8 itch. I wasn't intending to sell it but I was offered £500 less than I paid for it 6 months ago (and 6000 miles later) so it seemed a no brainer with car prices artificially inflated at the moment. Im going to...
  16. M

I don’t think he would think that at all. He blatantly loved turbos as he watched Senna and McLaren Honda dominate F1.
  17. M

And back on earth he turns in his grave.
  18. M

I’ve been toying with getting one of these but I’m worried it will make the throw longer when changing gears due to the additional height of the knob. Have you found any noticeable difference?
  19. M

FK8 Insurance ...

Admiral £358 with exhaust and intake mods declared.
  20. M

FK8 Anyone know a stealer who stocks tyres?

Yep, here you go. Just had them fitted by a local trusted garage.
  21. M

So the tyres have arrived and they are indeed the correct OE tyres with the extra large rim protector. Anyone wanting the OE Honda tyres here’s the link...
  22. M

I’ve just ordered 2 of the ‘Civic Fitment’ tyres off Camskill. I will let you know if they are the right tyres when they arrive next week.
  23. M

FK8 Anyone know the history of this FK8 for sale at Newbury?

So after much deliberation I have bought an M2 (non competition) from Cotswold BMW. M Performance exhaust is about to be ordered too.... I wanted a Type R but I just cant live with the way Honda are dealing with warranty claims and the gearbox issues some cars have (knowing my luck I would get a...
  24. M

FK8 Mud flaps?

Just my opinion but I think mudflaps on the CTR is akin to to making a sandwich and putting Nutella in it along with Marmite and kippers....
  25. M

FK8 Thoughts on Nanolex (Detailing)

What sort of price is a decent ceramic coating?
  26. M

I hope after forking out for all that you've fixed the problem but you shouldn't have had to......
  27. M

Im keen to get into one but the major thing putting me off pushing the button is all the gearbox stuff I have been reading. I may well get a 'good un' but I may also end up with the headache many others on this forum and CIVICX have had with duff gearbox caused by 'driver error'. I am pretty...
  28. M

Thanks for all the replies. I am still toying with the idea. Its an urge I just cant get rid of..... and it won't go until I buy one. I am tempted by drivethedeal as they are offering the FK8 at £30,200 if you are buying cash.
  29. M

There’s a dodgy dealers list?!
  30. M

https://www.jardinemotors.co.uk/honda/used-cars/9557675-honda-civic-2.0-i-vtec-type-r-gt/ Reg number HG67 TXX
  31. M

New tyres

At what point was this thread about track tyres for Spa? Yep familiar with the place I did the HTCC 6 hour there.....
  32. M

New tyres

Why not compare Pirelli Hypersoft F1 tyres whilst you are at it? As stated before.....for a real world tyre on public roads the Assy 3 is a great tyre. I wouldn't use them on track and to be honest if you are losing the limits of traction in an evo on public roads perhaps you were driving like a...
  33. M

New tyres

Surprised no one is considering Good Year Eagle F1 Asymmetrical 3's. Great all round road tyres, reasonable price, good wet performance and low noise rating...
  34. M

EP3 FK8 exhausts

I don't like drone... If you have a non res exhaust it is loud all the time at low revs as well as high. I prefer to be discreet and like the option to drive around unannounced if I choose. I am not sure where you got this idea that I drive around car parks at 7,000 rpm? I have valved systems at...
  35. M

FK8 Track Pads

Project Mu H16's, DS2500, DS3000, EBC Yellow stuff (now they are crap) RS29's, DS Performance, EBC Red (horrible as well) OEM's for several brands of car. I Personally think the DS2500 are a great all round pad. As I said before its my opinion, you clearly don't like them.... I do.
  36. M

EP3 FK8 exhausts

Valved sports exhausts are a no brainer if you want a loud car but also want something you can turn down so you don't **** off neighbours or look like a **** in the supermarket car park.
  37. M

FK8 Track Pads

Your opinion, I beg to differ.
  38. M

FK8 Track Pads

Always run DS2500's on my cars.... Great pads!
  39. M

EP3 FK8 exhausts

Remus for me because A) I like the sound and B) Its valved.
  40. M

FK8 RS3 to Type R

Lets be honest.... this is the one I borrowed yesterday..... It looks amazing in polished metal..... Interesting about 240i. I used to have an M135 and I agree the Honda just feels like a proper hot hatch, which if truth be known is what I miss. The Audi just feels like a turbo monster thats...
  41. M

FK8 RS3 to Type R

Not sure yet...... I know they are boring but I'm thinking black or polished metal....
  42. M

FK8 RS3 to Type R

It was an 18 plate with 9 miles on the clock! Definitely audible from within the cockpit with windows up.
  43. M

FK8 RS3 to Type R

So today Bracknell Honda generously leant me an FK8. I am pretty blown away by it and that is coming from an RS3. Its such a great all around package, the gear changes are rewarding, the grip is monumental and interestingly once you are up and running I really don't think performance wise there...
  44. M

EP3 FK8 exhausts

Its an immensely tempting proposition when put like that. Hence the reason I am toying with an FK8 instead of another RS3.
  45. M

EP3 FK8 exhausts

Question for you: Would you rather have a Type R GT and £21,000 cash? or, An RS3 full loaded (bar a few pointless things)
  46. M

EP3 FK8 exhausts

I haven't said at any stage the RS3 is a better car, they are very different. The understeer and lack of turn in are eradicated when you take Audis optional wider front wheels (which is a box I ticked). There is no dispute they FK8 is a better purists car, but the RS3 is a good every day all...
  47. M

EP3 FK8 exhausts

In the dry on a technical bit of road I totally agree with you.... On mildy moist or wet roads then thats when the Quattro system comes into its element. Weather really makes no difference to its performance. I would add though that I still think the FK8 owner would enjoy their drive more.
  48. M

EP3 FK8 exhausts

Perhaps someone more mechanically able that me could shoe horn an RS3 engine into an FK8?
  49. M

FK8 2016 RS3 to FK8

Its not like I'm turning up in a 1.0 Corsa with an exhaust and a baseball cap on backwards...... Just get the impression from the stealers that they don't give a toss because they are selling loads of CTR's at the moment.
  50. M

EP3 FK8 exhausts

Im trying to work this out for myself at the moment.... The FK8 does look spectacular.
  51. M

EP3 FK8 exhausts

I love the Audi but I also love the FK8!
  52. M

EP3 FK8 exhausts

Try now. I set the video to private not public.....
  53. M

EP3 FK8 exhausts

What about these pops and bangs :) Apologies for the terrible video quality, I am not one of these instagram/snapchat people. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0ul8kC7KI8
  54. M

FK8 2016 RS3 to FK8

Dull isn't a word I would use at 7,000 rpm in dynamic mode.... and each time you change down the exhaust crackles, spits and bangs. Dull is how I would describe a Golf R or GTI or the S3. The reason it isn't huge amount of fun on a B road is simply because it is just too capable, too clinical...
  55. M

FK8 2016 RS3 to FK8

Yeah I did test drive one, nice car but the RS3 just sounded and felt a bit more special.
  56. M

FK8 2016 RS3 to FK8

Yep but theres a new one out soon, so it'll be a money pit on depreciation.
  57. M

FK8 2016 RS3 to FK8

Sports exhaust is a must have option. It doesn't give much more volume (secondary cat delete does that) but it gives it a really raw, gravelly tone... sounds like its gargling on lava. If I can't get loaned one I will scare the stealer in the car sitting next to me and feedback on my thoughts.
  58. M

FK8 2016 RS3 to FK8

Thats great customer service.
  59. M

FK8 2016 RS3 to FK8

To be fair I reckon 2 or 3 hours would do.
  60. M

FK8 2016 RS3 to FK8

Its in Nardo, with black pack but not the red callipers sadly! Has the factory sports exhaust and I've removed the secondary cat.... sounds epic. Whilst it may be a slight step down in performance is it £21,000 better than an FK8? (with options). Besides I am pretty sure on a decent B road you...
  61. M

FK8 2016 RS3 to FK8

Oxfordshire/Berkshire area.
  62. M

FK8 2016 RS3 to FK8

New to the forum.... Just wanted to say how disappointed I have been with Honda dealerships and if anyone can point me in the right direction. I am currently in an Audi RS3 and having owned an EP3 and FN2 in the past have another Type R itch..... I love the RS3, its epic but its done 30k...
Back