• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. andyherts

Loxy's Type R #6

Very nice and I like the colour
  2. andyherts

Induction Kit filter question

I have a bit of a hybrid induction kit, I got the K&N typhoon, tegiwa heat shield, I removed the K&N filter, replaced with the ramair filter from the SR120 kit and then used the cold air intake from the SR120 kit. I find the ramair filter a bit quieter than the K&N
  3. andyherts

FN2 Championship White - my 2nd CTR

Lovely, championship white really does look good on a type r
  4. andyherts

Can't wait to get into my ep3 today + what to get next

I am shocked you managed to get the mpg down to 29 in a Golf diesel, thats pretty good work! I came home from work in one of our company DS4 diesels Thursday, covered around 300miles in it over 24hours, its 13 years newer than my EP3. What I can say is that, it feels more substantial and the...
  5. andyherts

EP3 Removing Aftermarket Air Intake and Fitting Original Airbox

Its a relatively simple task as even a no-hoper like me has managed to remove the airbox box assembly to fit an K&N 57i, then remove that and revert back to standard and then remove again to fit a K&N typhoon
  6. andyherts

EP3 Dash Bulb Replacement

Great thread and thanks for the Lucas replacement bulb codes, replaced all 9 bulbs in my EP3 over the weekend, I knew one bulb had gone, however, when I swapped them over, 4 were out
  7. andyherts

EP3 Crank case breather pipe

Yup, thats the hose Thanks for knowing the ID, appreciated :)
  8. andyherts

EP3 Crank case breather pipe

Hi all As per title, I have noticed my crank case breather pipe is starting to look like its perishing Does anyone know the dimensions of the pipe so that I can order up a silicone replacement ? Thanks if you can help
  9. andyherts

EP3 - Best intake for gains/sound

I initially went for a K&N 57i kit, with a tegiwa heat shield and a silicone elbow............at full throttle it was very loud, I swapped the K&N filter for a ram air foam one, no noticeable difference Then I removed it all and went back to standard, mainly down to an awful intake sound at...
  10. andyherts

N77's ex now being sorted by Simon & Jamie

Wow, great work on the conversion to track car
  11. andyherts

Probably One Of The Cleanest EP3's In The Country!!! ;-)

Very very nice, exceptionally clean
  12. andyherts

EP3 Minted stock EP3

Wow, it does look pretty nice, probably priced a bit high, I imagine they still arent at the point where people will buy them and tuck them away and not drive them
  13. andyherts

My Dc2 rebuild - New archs are in.

Amazing build thread, with a daunting amount of work, congratulations
  14. andyherts

Callum's 05 Cosmic Grey Civic type r

Nice looking car, looks like quite a few jobs have already been done, has that been in your ownership or prior ?
  15. andyherts

Matt's JDM EP3

Lovely looking in white, really does suit it, after all your expense, are you still happy with the car ?
  16. andyherts

Any thoughts on K&N 57i for EP3

Fitted the silicone intake pipe today, along with a tegiwa heat shield, both pretty simply to fit arriving at some point today is a stainless sports back box, once thats fitted, performance modifications sorted Next up, alloys refurbished and I really wouldn't mind a carbon bonnet
  17. andyherts

DG's Cosmic EP3

Nice looking car, enjoy it, dont forget to post some photos after detailing
  18. andyherts

EP3 I am a total car noob but the Ep3 has always been my dream car since i was about 10.

Yup, in the 6,000 miles I have covered, its only been filled with super unleaded
  19. andyherts

EP3 I am a total car noob but the Ep3 has always been my dream car since i was about 10.

No lpg conversion, brim to brim measurements, (litres/gallon 4.54) to and from work trip is ideal for decent mpg, 6am start, 430pm finish, motorway, dual carriageway and fast a/b roads, pretty much the same in reverse, my cruise speed is circa 63mph, then use the handling and acceleration out of...
  20. andyherts

Glad to hear you are enjoying your EP3 :D I have had mine a couple of months and enjoy each and every drive, even though most of my drives are in heavy traffic For me, I have only seen below 40mpg once, 39.6mpg, however, I tend to bumble along at 60mph on the motorways/dual carriageways, mainly...
  21. andyherts

First run out in car with the 57i fitted today........ Hit 4,000rpm, can tell something is different at just under 6,000rpm, wow, massive change, grin inducing !
  22. andyherts

Klashinikov's Sonic Grey Pearl FK8

Wow, very very nice, colour really does suit it, when the new shape came out I wasnt so sure of it, but, its really growing on me
  23. andyherts

205 V 215

When I got my CTR it had Toyo T1R's 215/40s on it, it was a right pain with tramlining and following HGV ruts on motorways, to me it feel just a bit too twitchy at the front I swapped them all out for the correct size 205/45's all round and the tramlining and the slight twitchy feeling...
  24. andyherts

Finally fitted to my car this morning, I was dreading fitting it as the last K&N 57i I fitted to a car was a nightmare........... Airbox removed, no dramas, new filter fitted, breather pipe fitted, the cold air intake pipe, with bespoke end piece, what a total nightmare, do mechanics have 6'...
  25. andyherts

What is the age and mileage of your CTR?

Wait for it.....................here comes a mega mileage car............... 2003 Model, 219,784 miles ! 1 previous owner, full service history, still performs bang on and is covering 100 miles a day still
  26. andyherts

EP3 New to the type r crew

Welcome along to the forum, enjoy your EP3 :)
  27. andyherts

EP3 EP3 track build almost complete

Looks really good, top effort
  28. andyherts

Thanks for the reply, I am aiming to install next weekend, will post some pictures after the install and my thoughts on what it drives like
  29. andyherts

Thanks for the pictures, cone looks to be pretty big, how did you find running the cold air feed pipe ?
  30. andyherts

I recently fitted a pipercross panel filter to my EP3 and thought I would draw the line on intake mods with that...... However, browsing through Amazon today, I came across a 57i kit, 57-0442 for the EP3, from Amazon direct, brand new, discounted from a claimed £288 down to £37 ! I thought...
  31. andyherts

FK8 Shell V-Power

I filled up my type r the first few times with V power, but, I noticed it was nearly £1.40/litre, so switched across to Tesco, which is currently £1.33/litre When you cover 500 miles per week, every little bit of saving helps!
  32. andyherts

colour magic on milano red

My milano red (pink) is pretty bad on the bonnet, I did find that using colour magic did help gloss up the bonnet a bit, you'll not get rid of the pink, but, to me, after a couple of hours work, it did look better
Back