• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Streaky

1993 EG6 SiR aka "EMO"

Those attedning JAE might have noticed this... Old bumper - but might be an incentive for some people to be buying parts from my good pal stew at FTWPerfomance! Benen rear towhook fitted - tbh a plywood one would be more useable - but meh, its shiny! Brake master cylinder...
  2. Streaky

1993 EG6 SiR aka "EMO"

Hehe , i think the phrase is "can of worms" mate :lol: :cool:
  3. Streaky

HOT North Weald Car Activity Day 17/10/08…

I'm still hopeful, so long as i can get my brakes and geometry sorted before hand!
  4. Streaky

1993 EG6 SiR aka "EMO"

You kept that quiet! :p To be 100% honest i love it to pieces, in my (admitedly bias) opinion for a 16 year old car it is MINT, not a spot of rust, nigh on everything that can be changed has been, its been impeccibly looked after and drives superbly, i like to think of it as "the car Honda...
  5. Streaky

1993 EG6 SiR aka "EMO"

Big thanks to Akira2506 and Dom aka Slow_DC2 - i finally have a half decent piccy of my new bumper! (ignore the toilet related background :p ) http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3135/...3ce0da.jpg?v=0 Bodywork is now complete. Brake and wheel refurb next, then its sell or supercharge.
  6. Streaky

1993 EG6 SiR aka "EMO"

Edit'd - links being ghey!
  7. Streaky

Cam cover colour

White is fine, and gets no dirtier than any other colour. Yello, or any other pale colour will be just as bad. A quick wipe with mr sheen and kitchen roll once a month, job done.
  8. Streaky

Piv's CRX, ARTech Tuning's race-ish car

:o :cool: Can't wait to see it in the metal!
  9. Streaky

1993 EG6 SiR aka "EMO"

These bad boys have just turned up! Bit of a delay getting them from the states (and they didnt have any black left in stock!) but hopefully fitting them tonight! 8-) Thanks to Bazza for sourcing them.
  10. Streaky

1993 EG6 SiR aka "EMO"

yeh man, thats a job for another day as i was FAR too hungover to touch them today! Took some cleaned shots for you all. Petrol cap is off at the bodyshop for a colour match for my new bumper, and i will probably leave the calipers for now until i get some new brakes. All in all, not too...
  11. Streaky

1993 EG6 SiR aka "EMO"

I think they are the same mate! Meh, they are shiny, so good enough for me! :lol: Ok, just a quick peek for now until my new bumper arrives and the car gets a clean. and... Baller status acheived i think! A MASSIVE thank you to Chris Gee for the help with the fitting, despite the...
  12. Streaky

1993 EG6 SiR aka "EMO"

Small update before the big one tomorrow! Front ARB got painted, and after lot of ****ing headacxhe form Honda ordering the incorrect parts, to actually trying to paint the thing, then trying to fit it... Stew and i got it on! And a full underneath shot. Stew also kindly fitted my pedals...
  13. Streaky

1993 EG6 SiR aka "EMO"

Its actually surprisingly more stable now! Mind you, as i'm rocking the scary budget 14" super skinny steelies i daren't put the foot down too much! I came off a sliproad getting on the M4 t'other day and span up to the limiter in second! :o :evil: No Grip FTL. Roll on Saturday for bigger...
  14. Streaky

1993 EG6 SiR aka "EMO"

Ok - small update. Typical Honda managed to balls up my order for the front droplinks, so i can't fit the front ARB for now. However, the rear ones were perfectly fine so decided to have a play this afternoon! Refurbed the ARB in Day-Glo Orange and fitted it along with the ASR subframe...
  15. Streaky

1993 EG6 SiR aka "EMO"

Thank you all for the kind comments. UPDATE TIME! Well thanks to my buddy Paul (ej2coupe) i had a package today - although he paid for 48 hour premium serviece it took 5 days to arrive and turned up like this! :eek: :evil: :cry: So angry complaint heading to parcel force. Anyway...
  16. Streaky

1993 EG6 SiR aka "EMO"

W00! Well a minor update for those who are interested. The MOT is looming ever closer - and i knew EMO needed a spruce up! So i called Performance Autoworks for a quick chat about its regular check up and explained the situation. As usual, Richy and the guys were spot on in their diagnosis...
  17. Streaky

Project RoBoT

Hehe cheers mate, its filthy and needs a clean, and i really need to sort out my new front bumper at some point! Your's didint look too rusty though, just a bit scabby round the rear arches, nothing unusual there! Mines finished now, should be getting it Tuesday hopefully :cool:
  18. Streaky

Project RoBoT

:cool: Not too shabby then ey! :cool: I want one now :(
  19. Streaky

Starter Civic..?

Yep - the EK3 is probably the "best compromise" - 1.5 (cheaper tax) 112 (ish) bhp so half sensible performance, Economy Vtec so not too bad on fuel, and reliable as anything. Plenty of "cheap" upgrades as well, EK9 suspension, steerign rack etc will bolt straight on, could do the hub swap and...
  20. Streaky

Project RoBoT

Very,very nice! I take back waht i said about the pensioner rub strips - thery are actually a lot better in the flesh, really help break up the front end! Your roll cage is an absolute work of art as well. :smt047 Didn't get too long to look around it as I was trying to beat the rush hour...
  21. Streaky

Project RoBoT

Hehe, look who i found earlier! :cool:
  22. Streaky

H22 engine in an EK

Ahh the mini-me. Essentially its putting a vtec head on a non vtec engine. Usually one of the 1.4 or 1.5 non vtec sohc blocks with a 1.6 sohc vtec head. :cool:
  23. Streaky

H22 engine in an EK

It can indeed be done - "easy" is not a word i would use though! As Dynax has said, my good buddy Pete had one (silver iLS originally) which is still to this day probably one of the fastest and scariest cars i have ever been in. (Bare in mind Pete used to rally Rovers on the Emerald Isle in...
  24. Streaky

1993 EG6 SiR aka "EMO"

Cheers chap - yeh i love my wheels too - but due to the low offset i can't put anything bigger on than standard brakes, which has been highlighted as one of the cars weakspots. I had to grind the standard 262mm calipers down just to fit the wheels! :lol:
  25. Streaky

1993 EG6 SiR aka "EMO"

Cheers mate - i knwo what you mean. I only got this one really as it was second hand and i had seen the fitment! A lot of pennies for not a lot of gain. ANYWAY. Well fighting through my hangover - i decided the car was long overdue a proper clean and polish. Apologies for the crappy...
  26. Streaky

1993 EG6 SiR aka "EMO"

:shock: :o
  27. Streaky

1993 EG6 SiR aka "EMO"

Certainly would mate - however the carpet would be the most difficult part as it is moulded... rather than just being a flat piece of material! Daves a legend though and created some awesome pieces in his time :cool:
  28. Streaky

1993 EG6 SiR aka "EMO"

Ahh cool, which ones have they done, i might have seen them!? I know Dave and Dann very well, good friends of mine! Always top class work, and mates rates of course! Thanks :cool:
  29. Streaky

1993 EG6 SiR aka "EMO"

Thanks for the kind comments all. Right - been a bit slack lately so time for some updates!!! OK - car was in need of a service so after a general health check and fluid change i treated myself to... And some Skunk2 Magnetic sump and gearbox plugs. Also during the...
  30. Streaky

Project RoBoT

Its awesome! But can't you take the pensioner bump strips off the bumpers? :lol: Mine's off to see the PA lads week after next, shame i wont get to see it in the metal!
  31. Streaky

HOT North Weald Car Activity Day 25 April 2008

Well having been crippled , looks like i wont be able to take up any slack spaces either :( I can barely drive let alone drive fast! :(
  32. Streaky

How Many Miles do you do in a week?

I racked up 550 miles last night, got home at 4:30 :eek: Sleeps for pussies! :lol:
  33. Streaky

Facelift vs Prefacelift

http://www.civictype-r.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=162453 I like! If only Someone bought mine! Good advice Anouar, thank you. I wont be going as mad as some of my previosu cars, just tidy and fun. Found a UK DC2 that may be too good to pass up now as well, even if it is fugly! MInd...
  34. Streaky

Facelift vs Prefacelift

Interesting responses! Not too fussed on the seats or interior to be honest - my very good friend Dave owns D:Class interiors so could get that sorted fairly cheaply. I would also keep my Tommy Makkinen Recaro's (Same as Premier, but nice looking!) so again not an issue on that front. Might...
  35. Streaky

Facelift vs Prefacelift

Thats what i thought! Although im guessing once i have played - there would be little to nothing in it (if i got one of course.) Nickyboy - ta for the link :)
  36. Streaky

Facelift vs Prefacelift

Cool Cool, not too bothered about a clutch or fly as they would get swapped for uprated ones anyway. Interesting... any more feedback welcome - but its making me go Hmmmm. :cool:
  37. Streaky

Facelift vs Prefacelift

Hi guys. Apologies if this has been covered, been looking on the search but i cant really find anything close to what i am after. Basically, i just want to know if there is really that much of a difference between the prefacelift and facelift EP3's. I know there are a few physical...
  38. Streaky

02 CTR not idling steady??

Hunting is usually an air leak of some form. I'm not too hot the K-Series, but in the B theres a little adjusting screw in the throttle body that works loose over time, which also has a similar effect to what you describe.
  39. Streaky

Kwik fit £35 to fit 2 tyres

Nope, you should have just listened to me in the first place! :P
  40. Streaky

Rear wiper squirter

If its anything like mine itll run all around the roof. If it was leaking ou would probably have a big damp / discoloured patch on it. I dont really see hwo it could get blocked though, surely its a sealed system? :confused:
  41. Streaky

Engine trouble - misfire at high RPM.

Ok a wee update for you. Problem seems to have been located - but its a bit odd! Did a code check a couple of weeks ago and the ECU came up clear. Did one this morning, and came up with a code 14 - IACV (Idle control valve) symptoms of which are poor running from cold, missing, and hesitant...
  42. Streaky

Skunk2 gear knob

What rusty said, i'll be getting another one with my new car! :cool:
  43. Streaky

new seats - will they fit?

Its a DC2 seat. So in theory you *should* be able to bolt the EP3 recaro rails to the bottom of it, and roberts your mothers brother. I have EVO 6 TME edition seats in mine (ok its an EG but procedure is the same) essentially the same as the EP3 recaros, with a different covering. Rails...
  44. Streaky

Engine trouble - misfire at high RPM.

Hi guys, i need a little help and hope someone can shed some light. I have had a bit of a problem with the car. Its misfiring at high RPM's (you can hear it) and has some issues when first started, stalling when cold. Car is just over 62,000 miles, immaculately card for and serviced. B16a...
  45. Streaky

I bought this when drunk

You'll be wanting some eyelet bolts as well, and make sure the angles not too steep or shallow, or in a crash it could crush you.
  46. Streaky

Detailers in the South East

Thanks for the input all! Andy, you have a PM heading your way. :cool:
  47. Streaky

Working 6 day weeks on a shift rotation kind of limits the time i can "get off my arse" unfortunately. I'll drop him a line and see what he says. Ta.
  48. Streaky

Do we have any in the area? Looking at having the car done properly ready for the shows and possible sale so would like to have a chat if possible! I keep it religiously clean, but im sure a detailer could pick up on some of the bits and swirl marks! Milano red is a curse :evil:
  49. Streaky

Nice CRX.

And you physically cant get anyone bigger than a smurf in the back of them!
  50. Streaky

Project RoBoT

They have done a very tidy job there! I'm overdue a visit myself, when you getting it back chap!?
  51. Streaky

Where to get your wheels refurbished

Friend of a friend works for them, he used to do cash in hand but not any more :( From what i know the works not bad at all but they are from the cheapest place! Mind you, as the saying goes, get what you pay for. I HIGHLY recommend going that little bit further and take a trip to Flaundon...
  52. Streaky

Wicked Wheels in Guildford? Expect to pay through the arsehole though!
  53. Streaky

What is the age and mileage of your CTR?

1993 EG Civic SiR. Just clocked 60,000 genuine miles. :)
  54. Streaky

How Many Miles do you do in a week?

5 miles a day, maybe 10 if i go home for lunch. Then the weekend nipping about and whatever "social" use. Hoewever my fuellings so poor at the moment im getting maybe 250 to a tank with granny driving! :cool:
  55. Streaky

Hmm, i've not read the whoole thread but i had mine done at a little place not too far from Hemel Hempstead. http://www.wheelrefurbishing.com/ Prices were very good (i paid cash mind you) workmanship was quite simply awesome, and thay turned my scabby old wheels into something special. (But...
  56. Streaky

Surrey RR - Dyno Results

Its a tough call mate, it looks like i am keeping it now! However with all the new bits that are going in over the next 3 months (hondata s300 and remap, brand new recaro's, retrimmed interior, tein super street suspension, new OEM bumper and lip) and then mileage and condition on top of it, i...
  57. Streaky

Surrey RR - Dyno Results

Thanks guys! Anouar, would this happen to be the same place i went previously? I agree thoguh, the guys there did say that my previous figures did seem quite high, but also that a "standard" healthy civic b16 should be around 155 ponies. So a fair increase there still! Hopefully with your...
  58. Streaky

Surrey RR - Dyno Results

Haha - indeed there was some crazy hair going on! SRR said the average standard DC2 ITR (import) makes around 185 horses on their rollers so it shows im not too far off! And Sean was pleasantly surprised to hear his has been fettled so we just need to figure out whats been done now! Lots of...
  59. Streaky

Surrey RR - Dyno Results

Apologies if its in the wrogn section - looked like the best one to me :) So i went to Surrey RR today with a few chums and people off a local site. Despite being a bit chilly, got some fairly good results! Streaky - The EMO SiR EG6 177.9bhp, 122lbft torque (fly) 147.5Whp, 102lbft...
  60. Streaky

My pocket rocket

I think you are a bit on the brave side if you are still using the standard brakes (which to me it looks like you are) but a its a nice base for a few more touches :D
  61. Streaky

1996 Ek shape 1.4.

OK, you could chuck some hefty money at a 1.4 pov spec econo box.. and maybe get a few more ponies out of it. Or, you could save that money, put a "better" (i use the term loosely) B16/B18/B20 in; or if you want to go for cheap boost a d16. Then you have more "standard" power than a modded...
  62. Streaky

1993 EG6 SiR aka "EMO"

Cheers mate - im just thankful it didnt give up whilst at North Weald! A cheapa nd easy fix though, and its better than ever now its fixed! Still torn on the wheels, ive got a few other bits i want to do first. Only reason i want to change my current ones is because i cant get bigger brakes...
  63. Streaky

1993 EG6 SiR aka "EMO"

Ok been a while since its been updated. So heres a little one. I want to start out with a few thank you's. My Bro (Si3242) and his girlfriend (Lottie) for a fantastic birthday pressie, Stew for sorting my clutch issues with little to no notice, Adam for the p/chops and listening to my...
  64. Streaky

HOT North Weald Activity Day 2/11/07

Yes indeed that was me! Thank you very much, once its mapped and got a few other bits done it shoudl hopefully make a bit of difference! As Si and Lottie both discovered its a bit of an animal trying to control it though! Plenty of power in it, just keeping it useable really, althoguh im...
  65. Streaky

Wow - well what can i say, what a day! I freely admit i am not a great driver but i learned a lot, had some great fun and i think the little EG definately kept up with the newer and bigger engined cars! New found respect for the Clio Sport and Mini Cooper S thoguh, they were awesome...
  66. Streaky

2 NHB's just after being washed..

I do like that black/red wheel'd one! Subtle yet effective! Snazzy :D
  67. Streaky

Prelude Valuation.

Well its been a good 2 years since i had my BB4 (import) but i would estimate a good UK example to fetch around the £1500 mark. As said earlier, its harder to find good clean examples of them now. JDM 2ws models tend to fetch a slightly higher price, especaillyl LSD variants (like my old one...
  68. Streaky

woohoo - car has been sorted and is running better than ever; im very much looking forward to it now! How long does it last out of interest, im a n00b and this is my first one!
  69. Streaky

1993 EG6 SiR aka "EMO"

Thanks! Cool - so yours is "proper" JDM then :lol: I got lucky with mine, called Sumo Power yesterday (UK J's Racing distributor) and they had just got in a fresh delivery container! And it only had one carbon scoop, bit chuffed as i'm impatient at the best of times and didnt fancy having to...
  70. Streaky

1993 EG6 SiR aka "EMO"

Heehee, cheers bud. I liek to think its evolved quite a bit since i first got it :) The sticker came from a nice chap on the ITR-DC2 forum by the name of "nickworth" - i highly recommend him, he also did my DOHC VTEC decals on the sides. Very cheap, and damn good quality too! And moving on...
  71. Streaky

1993 EG6 SiR aka "EMO"

Woo - thanks all for the kind comments! Power wise i'm unsure yet, got lots of thoughts about where to go with it - supercharger was tempting as was a hybrid n/a build. And until sunday was VERY tempted to purchase a Skyline! It was last rolling roaded at 145WHP, but that was a while back...
  72. Streaky

1993 EG6 SiR aka "EMO"

Ok its no type R, but probably the closest you could get to one in EG form! I could bore you wiht a long drawn out build up - but i wont! So a few "arty pics" from the last bluewater meet. And a couple from the strip today. Some minor exterior plans in...
  73. Streaky

Doing 1/4 mile tomorrow...

Indeed that little red shopping trolley was me! Although 90% of the people i spoke to were unable to get decent grip this time around. Quite happy with the result, as my brother pointed out, my geometry is currently all over the shop and my wheels dont even point the right way at the moment...
Back