• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. jase_87

$$ davis $$ cosmic ep3 painted brake callipers

As per your suggestion in my thread, the wheel look cool mate! I canny make my mind up :confused:
  2. jase_87

Jase_87 Cosmic Ep3

I'm not overly keen on the colour they are at the moment, I'm still undecided what colour, I've got 12 days to make my mind up! May go satin black or dark anthracite the same as my black ep3 above. Anyone good a Photoshop? I'm a complete retard with computer's. Give me something to fix...
  3. jase_87

Jase_87 Cosmic Ep3

Cheers dude, they're being sprayed titanium silver, so will bring out the cosmic paintwork nicely.
  4. jase_87

Jase_87 Cosmic Ep3

pre face and facelift ep3's and a pre face atr
  5. jase_87

Jase_87 Cosmic Ep3

My first vtec car-
  6. jase_87

Jase_87 Cosmic Ep3

My DC5
  7. jase_87

Jase_87 Cosmic Ep3

My ek9
  8. jase_87

Jase_87 Cosmic Ep3

Number plate fail. If anyone can edit the picture feel free to do so.
  9. jase_87

Jase_87 Cosmic Ep3

Hey guys and girls, I've been floating around on this forum for a while now and never really made a 'build up thread'. My name is Jason i am 24 and a central heating engineer for a very well known company. A standard bloke really, women, cars, football, ps3, xbox and lets not forget drinking :)...
  10. jase_87

Sams Satin Silver EP3 Type R

Very tidy looking car you've got there dude. I would suggest a supersprint b pipe and keep the OEM back Box. Sounds nice and raspy but remains quiet when driving normally. Oh and I had the aem v2 on my first ep3, they sound sweet!
  11. jase_87

Just purchased ep3

i think the fact that the older vtec cars lack torque makes the change over more noticeable too. when the ep3 has the oem airbox it is quiet, but you can still notice it. just makes sure its warm. the engine that is.
  12. jase_87

my ukdm integra type R

Very clean looking car, top work!
  13. jase_87

Induction kit <£300

Itg maxogen are good, can get 2nd hand ones for around 250. I may be selling in the near future.
  14. jase_87

My 98 spec JDM DC2 and a few of my old rides

I've put a deposit down on a 98 spec dc2, not due in the country untill the 8th. I cant wait!
  15. jase_87

My 98 spec JDM DC2 and a few of my old rides

Having owned both a uk dc2 & ep3, which did you prefer as a driving experience?
  16. jase_87

My satin ep3 = ARC Air Box, Fujitsubo RM01A exhaust system, Maxim Works Manifold

It does look awsome, nice change to the usual gruppe m. I think im going to stick with my cai. What does your exhaust sound like? It looks teh sex!
  17. jase_87

My satin ep3 = ARC Air Box, Fujitsubo RM01A exhaust system, Maxim Works Manifold

Nice car dude & some tasty mods there. ARC looks sweet!
  18. jase_87

Gruppe M how much POWER

CPL sell them for £639 inc VAT plus the £18 for delivery. Madness.
  19. jase_87

A few quick questions..

I've seen them for sale with well over 100k. k series are just as reliable as the b series so 70k souldn't be an issue. just remember you will soon be replacing the clutch etc. Maybe spend £1500 more and get one with less mileage.
  20. jase_87

Gruppe m or aem cai with dc sports mani

This is probably what i will do, i just have the small matter of ibiza in 8 weeks. Funds will be drained. Thanks for your help/ opinions guys
  21. jase_87

Thats what i was thinking. Would it need to be mapped straight away? Or better to wait for zorst etc?
  22. jase_87

Yeah true, although this is the third time i've had a CAI on a honda and had no problems so far. I use the hydro shield, which may help. I'm trying my best to find a second hand GM but failing..hard.
  23. jase_87

We all know that the gm is a fantastic piece of kit, the aem is the cheaper alteranative. for performance gains, would i be better off with a gm on its own or a dc sports mani with a cai? Thoughts and general opinions are welcome :)
  24. jase_87

FD2 Quite possibly the best FD2 I have seen

Some serious money spent there, looks teh sex with them wheels!
  25. jase_87

matt's ek9

Matts proper ready for track now, went out in this on saturday evening, I can't believe the difference the heat wrap & feels cat has made! It's a lot torquier than my b16b was! Can't wait till the next meet as I should be able to attend.
  26. jase_87

Tyre Combination etc

fair enough, its all down to personal preference really.
  27. jase_87

FN2 Help with bhp????

dude, enjoy your car first! play with the handling side of things, maybe a gruppe m & a kpro. take your time my friend! there is lots of information on here, read through all the sections & make your own decision
  28. jase_87

Tyre Combination etc

sorry Jenson :p when they've got plenty of tread wet grip was ok, but after that. one word- dangerous :eek:
  29. jase_87

Tyre Combination etc

potz in the dry yes, in the wet=fail
  30. jase_87

Tyre Combination etc

understeer?!? to correct that you either require left foot breaking or applying the handbrake, not really that much easier than just putting your foot down to correct oversteer. :rolleyes: also please dont assume its makes an ass of u & me :p (txt speak taken out of context)
  31. jase_87

Prefer my EP3 to my old DC2

your right in what your saying, but they feel more upmarket than an ek9/dc2. they're really raw
  32. jase_87

Prefer my EP3 to my old DC2

b series engines sound brilliant in vtec :) & yes the ep3 is just an extremely practical toy!
  33. jase_87

GROUP BUY - GruppeM

where was that from? wouldn't it be worth speaking to them & asking for the price of 5/10 units? :confused:
  34. jase_87

Tyre Combination etc

swapped them over, omfg what a difference 32psi in front & 30 in the rear, only a slight hint of wheel spin in the damp, fantastic grip, they're not even worn in yet :) side wall is a bit like cheese, but good grip first impressions are very good, can't wait to get my frsu
  35. jase_87

Tyre Combination etc

oh, cool. everyday is a school day :) cheers for the help!
  36. jase_87

Tyre Combination etc

really, i thought they would be better as they're wider. :confused: what psi 32?
  37. jase_87

Tyre Combination etc

am i better off with higher psi in the t1rs?
  38. jase_87

Tyre Combination etc

time to get the jack out :rolleyes:
  39. jase_87

Tyre Combination etc

:p so what set up should i use?
  40. jase_87

Tyre Combination etc

i prefer oversteer, had a bmw a couple of years ago :twisted:
  41. jase_87

Tyre Combination etc

Basically i have recently bought another ep3, after hours of research i just replaced the rear tyres with toyo t1r's, i have re40 on the front still with roughly 5/6mm tread left. im my old ep3 i had re40 on all four corners, brilliant side wall & fantastic dry grip, scary in the wet :eek...
  42. jase_87

GROUP BUY - GruppeM

x 2 :)
  43. jase_87

Jdm mats!

best interior mod, followed by dc5 pedals! :)
  44. jase_87

My CTR vs DC5 thread

very true jermal, all that japenese service history that we can all read :p, this is of course just my opinion. no matter how 'mint' we all think imports are, we just don't know all that much about them. yes i am aware we take the same risk with a uk car, steering feel was much more...
  45. jase_87

My CTR vs DC5 thread

x 2 :cool:
  46. jase_87

My CTR vs DC5 thread

well i bought a dc5 and personally didn't like the handling charecteristics (giant can of worms) very tail happy & yes i do understand the concept of lift off oversteer, also the price difference is not justified condsidering the small amount of power increase for example 55 plate ep3...
  47. jase_87

high mileage CTR

OP-original poster? so to summarize 94k isn't a bad thing, as long as its been well looked after? cheers guys :cool:
  48. jase_87

high mileage CTR

yeah looks to have a full history, i really miss my old ep3! any more input/thoughts people? :lol:
  49. jase_87

high mileage CTR

sorry to high jack/ bring this back to life. but do any of you drive high mileage ep3's? im looking at one with 94k at the weekend FHSH i dont drive that much as i have a work van, do you think this is high mileage? its a 2003 milano red. any help would be great, cheers!
  50. jase_87

matt's ek9

I'm Sure I've seen that around?
  51. jase_87

My AEM CAi is finally here

i had one on my ep3, i now have one on my ek9, they're brilliant. on the ep3 they transform 3rd gear imo. get yourself a hydroshield http://www.funkypower.co.uk/catalogue.php?t=p&make=UNIVERSAL&model=&year=&level1=&level2=&level3=&id_product=4413
  52. jase_87

DC2 DB8 DC5 Youngest Dc5 driver?

4 years no claims @ 22 years old,cost 1100 quid
  53. jase_87

Your AEM questions answered.

Fitted my AEM CAI today. What a difference!! Low down torque in 3'rd gear especially. I previously had a v2 had a nice sound but poor gains in warm weather. The noise the CAI makes is mental, really raspy. If you haven't got one yet, get your wallet out & your tools ready, you wont regret it.
  54. jase_87

Standard air filter/box

lads i don't think you read my last post properly, I've got the air box now. i just need the cold air feed pipe that goes from the bottom of the air box to the grill. make sense? cheers, Jason
  55. jase_87

Standard air filter/box

managed to get a standard air box off of e bay. quick question for you though, i haven't got the cold air feed pipe attaches to the bottom of the standard air box, where would one purchase it from? thanks, Jason
  56. jase_87

hondata airbox mod

my sentiments exactly
  57. jase_87

Blitz Nur Spec

friend of mine had a blitz zorst on a coupe vti, it was loud as f**k
  58. jase_87

Standard air filter/box

does it have all the bits? i.e the pipe that the above one doesn't? cheers
  59. jase_87

Standard air filter/box

i have pm'd you regarding the standard air box (civic.type.r) sorry for the late reply cheers jase :)
  60. jase_87

JDM EP3 mats on ebay for good price.

good price that. i paid 120 for mine :(
  61. jase_87

BHP ?

i use tesco super duper unleaded & get between 260-300 & thats a nhb nick lol
  62. jase_87

Standard air filter/box

Ladies & Gentlemen I have an ep3 ctr 2002 Anybody know where i can get the standard air box from? I've got an aem v2, but want to change it back to stock (insurance reasons) I bought the car with an aftermarket kit on it, so dont actually know what they look like/ how they fit/ cost...
  63. jase_87

Just ordered my Gruppe m

30k isn't that much. well either that or i'm ***** with money!! Wanted an e46 m3 but there just a cockmobile, but judging by this thread you probably all think that would suit me (well jermal anyway) :(
  64. jase_87

sorry but....

y0, i'm a central heating engineer, so all this oil talk is just going over my head :confused: I went to halfords today, read the book in the oil section it said to use 5w 30 part synthetic for ctr 2001--2006. I didn't have a clue what to buy and dont trust any of the spotty teenage chavs...
  65. jase_87

What is the age and mileage of your CTR?

02 plate 66,000 miles
  66. jase_87

Help me please!! (stereo surround)

Again i agree, one of the main reason's i got this car is because it looks soooooo nice standard.;) mugen front grille & alloy refurb are next on the list :twisted:
  67. jase_87

agreed, just no lexus lights or go faster stripes, maybe a cherry bomb back box ha ha :p
  68. jase_87

tbh i'm not a big fan of chaving up cars just the standard h/u is meant to be poo. when i got my car it had already been changed. happy with the way the surround looks now :) might give it a cheeky little coat of satin black ;) if i can be bothered to test my patience again!!:twisted:
  69. jase_87

lol yeh it is alpine but not sure what model etc
  70. jase_87

not sure i bought it ages ago. its got an ipod connector & you can select the playlists/songs/albums from the head unit itself, not to shabby!! lol it is only a tiny scratch. still bugging me though :(
  71. jase_87

New one: Scratch!!: Old one:
  72. jase_87

fitted it yesterday, it was quite awkard. when i finished i noticed it had a bloody scratch on the new one, i nearly cried :( five screws left over (light weight) think i might spray it black or try and source a carbon one cheers for your help guys :)
  73. jase_87

Just ordered my Gruppe m

yeah, apologies guys.
  74. jase_87

Just ordered my Gruppe m

a
  75. jase_87

Just ordered my Gruppe m

:p
  76. jase_87

Honda dont make induction kits? what's this then?

yeah i know it's filthy!! i'm cleaning it this weekend. then i'll upload some photos for you :p
  77. jase_87

ITG maxogen

cheers guys :D
  78. jase_87

ITG maxogen

First of all i would like to appologise for all the noooobish questions i have been asking!! Basically i want to get an induction kit for my EP3 CTR This section is so confusing wth lots of technical jargon!! I did want an aem v2 but dont like the idea of water ingress. So to get to my point...
  79. jase_87

:( dont be so mean!! i only got my car a week ago. i've already got some jdm mats :D . it will be better soon give me chance!!!
  80. jase_87

lol i'm getting an aem v1 me thinks!!
  81. jase_87

hey people. i am a relativley new member of this forum. i posted a thread in the neewbie section (proud new owner of ctr). in this thread i said that i have a honda induction kit, wich, prompted some confusion from some members. any one care to guess what it is, i anit got a clue! any way...
  82. jase_87

oh ok. well i'm sure i will have fun at the weekend then. it's got to be done! cheers for your replies guys :)
  83. jase_87

next question, easy to fit??
  84. jase_87

lol cheers dude!! :D
  85. jase_87

Hey, i'm in serious need of some help!! (hence thead tittle,lol!) question is: where can i purchase a new stereo surround for my ep3 ctr 02 plate??? the previous owner did a bit of a bodge with the head unit install & has chipped around it!! any help/suggestions would be graeatly...
Back