• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. J

Weird Engine Noise - Totally Baffled - Please Help!

Sorry for the late reply! That is a little steep to be honest as I got mine from eBay for £70 including delivery. I paid my mechanic £300 but that also included the exhaust system that was installed and a few other things. On the original engine rebuild which also included a port & polish tune...
  2. J

Well I'm going to start it later on at which point the car will have been stood for over 6 hours and will post a video on here as I forgot to do this in the morning. I got a set of cams and gears for £70 off eBay from a breakers who just dismantled a Premier Ep3 - you don't need a separate VTC...
  3. J

I can happily confirm that the cold start rattle has completely gone. I started the car around 8.30AM with the temperatures around 8C which is cold enough and the car would have been sat for over 10 hours and it started no problem and the most crucial thing - NO NOISE! So I am very happy that I...
  4. J

UPDATE My mechanic finally did the work on the car today. First few things I noticed was the camshafts/gears that were replaced appear to be DC5 camshafts as they were stamped RBC which are standard I think on the Integra DC5's? Anyways, so the new ones were installed took most of the day as...
  5. J

Sorry haven't posted an update sooner. I have had to wait for some parts to be delivered as I am getting a couple of other things done while I am at it. I have got my camshafts/cam gears etc which is the main parts to change and all the work is booked in with my mechanic for Tuesday. Will...
  6. J

No problem mate. I have just ordered the parts required and its not a massive job to be honest. Technically the VTC has already failed as this controls the gears on the camshaft and regulates how the oil is delivered into the valves/pistons etc hence the rattling as the pin is most likely...
  7. J

Thanks for the post so far guys. Apologies for not coming on here to provide an update sooner. Ok this may be a slightly long post but I hope this provides some answers to anyone it helps. Following on from the engine rebuild I had recently after a snapped chain - which I have no idea what...
  8. J

I am going to speak with my mechanic and look into this LMA thing a bit more as I am running out of ideas to be honest and if Honda are telling you they have no idea then its anyone's guess really Mine had started to do this before the chain snapped about a month ago as well
  9. J

my mechanic had thought it was oil related and I had the oil pump replaced - which would make logical sense as it appears to happen when cold etc but obviously its not that either I have had new chain, guides and tensioner on as well so cannot be that I am also thinking is it something in the...
  10. J

what do you think about the LMA and distributor bearings? have you come across any of this in your research?
  11. J

thanks for the comments so far guys s1mmo - sorry to hear you have the same problem mate would be good to share what research you have done and what information you have gathered so far? I have been doing a lot as well and on another forum some are suggesting the LMA - Loss Motion Assembly or...
  12. J

thanks for the reply guys - grumpyg1t - im not sure about the jump start but should think that its ok to jump the EP3 as with other cars; Loxy - yes the whole thing was changed with regards to the guides and tensioner and a full oil change was done with good fully synthetic oil. I don't...
  13. J

Hello everyone! This is my first post in awhile but would like to say that I have found this forum exceptionally helpful over the years and generally anything I have ever needed advice wise I have been able to get from here so I do apologize if I haven't posted enough as normally I don't think...
  14. J

FN2 FN2 help for Footwell Lights

has anyone got back to you on tht offer yet? I think I would be interested in this as I have a set of LED footwell lights for my FN2 (the lights are red) but I have no idea how to fit them even with the instructions supplied from ebay.
  15. J

FN2 Window Tints for FN2

thanks for the info. have you got any pix of yours to show me? thanks!
  16. J

FN2 Window Tints for FN2

Hi guys! Just a quick one, has anyone tinted their FN2 yet? I went to my friends tinting place to get my windows done (which in the end I didnt) today but he said that due to the bottom part of the rear windscreen (under the spolier) being made from plastic it would not be possible to tint as...
  17. J

FN2 Rev indicator not displaying

the vtec indicator needs to be selected in the cars settings to have it display above the type r logo and will light up once your in the vtec zone. in regards to the other question posed here concerning the rev indicators, they only light up when your coming close to the red-line and will...
  18. J

FD2 FD2Tastic

Hi guys, its been a while since I posted anything been busy with work especially when your a banker like me! Im not sure if i have posted this in the right section but I'm sure the moderators will keep me right!:D I just got my hands on my new FD2 after passing my EP3 onto my brother! I just...
  19. J

Modifications, Wheels and other stuff...

thanks NickyBoy and Chiffs thanks very much for the info much appreciated. How do I install the vtec indicator and where to get one from? Also, sorry if I am being dumb but where do the led side lights go? Is it a replacement that goes with the HID's on the actual front lights? Where do I get...
  20. J

one more thing I also wanted to ask which I forgot is where can I source some rear after market lights? Is it worth also getting a xenon or HID conversion and and if so where to go to get them done?:)
  21. J

Hi guys, I have asked this question to a couple of other forum members but would like to ask a few extra questions here. I would like to make a few interior mods such as pedals, gear knob, dials, foot well lighting that kind of stuff. Could anyone share their experiences with interior mods...
Back