• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. EP3 Jonny

buying a civic over 100k miles

Paul at TDI told me that some ep3's he sees gain a few bhp over 90k !!!
  2. EP3 Jonny

EP3 Jonny's New Pride and Joy

Cheers mate im still feeling a bit of pain nearly 4 months on ! but the motor cheers me up something rotten !
  3. EP3 Jonny

No you dont LOL Sell the CTR and get a 6 or a 7 mate, you will love it ! Although I miss the V-Tec howl, you you forget it when the turbo spools and you launch mate its awesome ! especially now ive got the exeedy twin plate clutch fitted, made a tit of my self at a shell garage on coming...
  4. EP3 Jonny

My old ITR'S & New 500whp+ Accord Type R

Looks nice Jay, youll have to take me for a spin your only up the road !
  5. EP3 Jonny

Huge Update with piccys So as i had a misfortunate incident with my CTR and a tree, I havent posting very much with a mangled foot and loads of work on....However with all the work comes modding tokens for the Evo. After buying the car a walbro 255 fuel pump, 3" decat , 3-port solenoid and...
  6. EP3 Jonny

Danga's Satin CTR "Bullet"

THE MAT is GODLY !!!
  7. EP3 Jonny

power to weight

I have to admit with the buddy club bonnet I didnt feel too much difference .
  8. EP3 Jonny

Polishing after claying

Come on mate a nice shiny silver evo waiting for you to spin the shine into it LOL Ok mate can you recomend anyone for a full detail , engine bay aswell really ??
  9. EP3 Jonny

Polishing after claying

NICE !! Where are you Joe ? Are you in Telford ? (just a hunch) PM me a price for a full paint correction on my Evo LOL Ill show you what Lime prime can do when you come up sunday Hazz....My bonnet is a picture LOL
  10. EP3 Jonny

Polishing after claying

Joe too much work with the Lime prime, even by hand can do damage . ANY abbrasive used wrongly or over worked will damage the paint all be it, not to the eye or too seriously. +1 on starting again and I would also use the tar/particle remover as well .
  11. EP3 Jonny

Polishing after claying

Thats it mate ! I use a tar/grease remover, clay, then I like to use do-do lime prime. I was shocked the first time I used it how good the car looked ! Dont go mad with the Lime Prime as its very abrasive, you can go a mild lime prime but I forgot the name of it sorry. Lime-prim lite (I think)
  12. EP3 Jonny

Restoring Sexy Carbon Fibre shine

Something you can apply loads of lol my retailer recommended a wax called Viking something or other! Can't remember exactly but it worked the dogs mate my CF bonnet suffered this problem, had it polished by detailer and waxed the life off it but left in sun at a show and went back to dull and...
  13. EP3 Jonny

Even if polished up Hasnic it will go back like it after first few weeks of sun. I asked Kleers at JAE 2010 and they said its for new carbon really . Just trying to help out and save the bloke £ 50 for a tiny bottle UV Coat. Just keep it heavily waxed after youve got it back to shine and it...
  14. EP3 Jonny

Polish it up mate but it will keep going back to that dull look without constant waxing and looking after etc. Dont waste your money on that Kleers S**TE only for new carbon, so after youve got it lacquered by a pro then use the kleers Gel .
  15. EP3 Jonny

All to be fitted mate got loads of carbon fibre bits slam panel, vortex generator and centre console ....oh and a set of rota boosts
  16. EP3 Jonny

Ive had it about 6 months now and still loving it mate
  17. EP3 Jonny

Piper manifold and backpipe changing back pipe ??

Backbox is not that small and the b-pipe is a straight through ....I think ? Power is good at the moment so don't want to lose it There's a silenced back box available but mega dear so thought I'd try another back box as I'm not keen on looks of 6 x 4 oval anyway
  18. EP3 Jonny

Has anyone used an Alpine iDA-X305S headunit?

Yes im sure its the same model mate the IDA X100 I have two jailbroken iphones so maybe thats it ? I cant take calls through them when there plugged in but music works fine. As for your background....fancy sharing ? I downloaded some to a mem stick but they dont seem to upload.
  19. EP3 Jonny

Has anyone used an Alpine iDA-X305S headunit?

Strange as I have the same model and works with both my 3gs and my iPhone 4. Only thing I cant do is change my background .
  20. EP3 Jonny

DC2 DB8 DC5 Youngest Dc5 driver?

If your that desperate look at comparison websites but be prepared to pay through the nostrils !
  21. EP3 Jonny

Just not so loud it's a really loud drone on long journeys lol As I spend most of time on motorways quiet when cruising but want the howl when I hit the vtec ? Any ideas ?
  22. EP3 Jonny

I want to keep sports cat and manifold but lessen noise and keep power. I thought of trying to fit standard box back on but unsure about loss of flow and if it will fit. Would need to cut it up and weld it.....I think ??
  23. EP3 Jonny

Ive got a piper manifold and sports cat with a piper 6x4 oval backbox but I dont like the noise or volume that it produces I do alot of motorway miles and its starting to do my head in. The car has a K100 and is mapped with this full system. What Id like to know is can I change to backpipe...
  24. EP3 Jonny

My EP3... Ongoing....

Ive had the AEM long ram V1 fitted for a year and a bit now I got the hydrosheild aswell but in all fairness to hydrolock because of this filter means your driving through water up to and beyond your splitter which is not going to happen unless your a complete tool or scuba steve lol
  25. EP3 Jonny

My 53 plate Satin Silver CTR...EIBACH Photos

Dyno graph Managed to find my Dyno graph from TDI North ....
  26. EP3 Jonny

Remapping and fitting RBC

Am I right in thinking that the RBC or RRC would need a remap as the car runs alot leaner without the remap....which is dangerous for your engine . i know a remap would be needed to get the best out of it but was hoping to fit then wait to remap the car as funds are tight coming up to xmas.
  27. EP3 Jonny

I think I'm starting to really like these..

If they do a out and out petrol type R then im in but at the moment im in the same camp as Captain Beard. Doesn't really do anything good for a hybrid the fuel eco is dog muck !
  28. EP3 Jonny

Most of the money went on the EVO IX mate, got the Mugen decals and a Honda decal for the CTR Oh and the Mat . well worth going mate I had a great time only got one day to go shopping though as working most of the time. Super Autobacs is a heaven on earth...Imagine a halfords half the size of...
  29. EP3 Jonny

no danga Paypal let me down and I missed out , im still on the look out though. I just got back from Japan with work and fancy a few of the bits I saw over there first mate . I got a few lil bits like a super sexy J's racing spider mat LOL Is anyone here going to the Tegiwa import show on...
  30. EP3 Jonny

I do, dont get me wrong . I love my EP3 and still love hitting the VTEC but after the boost of the Evo its not as thrilling especially with the 4wd. I use the EP3 for popping to the shops etc and the occaisonal spirited blat around the twisty A roads around shrewsbury. I really should sell it...
  31. EP3 Jonny

The EP3 is for work suits and the Evo is for fun and frollicks :lol: Not to mention the petrol bill on the Evo is immense and want to keep the miles down on it as much as possible ! Im a shell Vpower member and a half with both of them though !
  32. EP3 Jonny

Tell me about it Joe, Its not all her I have to admit i caught a few potholes in it and chipped them but shes done the grinding. Just cant find a decent refurb centre mate by decent I mean not to dear !!!
  33. EP3 Jonny

New stance and decals Here's my CTR with the new eibach ABP lowering springs :twisted: , it looks alot lower especially with the 18's which need a refurb due to the other half thinking that youve parked when you hear the scraping sound of alloy on kerb :lol: And a few shots of some mugen...
  34. EP3 Jonny

Just a quick update on the old girl After purchasing the evo money for my CTR has been tight as the evo is getting lots of attention and mods, but finally got round to the CTR and treated her to a set of ABP eibach lowering springs and rear camber adjusters and another fast road setup. As its...
  35. EP3 Jonny

Anyone got a private number plate?

I got one as it was going cheap and I like the fact that it adds character to the car :) Drive sensibly and it wont get you punched !
  36. EP3 Jonny

Its still managing to scare me and put me in my place at times but im going to be looking at modding the beast . I love the feel of 340 horses and all that grip, so 400 and all that grip and torque will be great fun :twisted:
  37. EP3 Jonny

Ok..Ok you got me but im nust addicted to the extreme sport of Van-Tecing. 1/4 mile V-Tec runs while pulling caravans full of old peoples and gypsies precious china, china cats and trinkets etc. LOL Like so.....
  38. EP3 Jonny

Thats pretty much it and a green panel filter or exhaust as the range goes up I think ..... The strenghtening is for peace of mind up to 400 bhp mate
  39. EP3 Jonny

Cleaning a carbon bonnet

Sorry for my late posting but been very busy with work etc.... After a PM to Extreme Detailing I had asked what could be done about my Cabon Bonnet which was in a right mess id tried all sorts on it but couldnt get the black wet look back in to the bonnet for all the hours of polishing...
  40. EP3 Jonny

A few more pictures of the CTR and the Red Mats which im chuffed to bits with :lol: And no the caravan is not mine or has never been towed by me :lol:, I rent the storage out and its a nice place to hide a few cars ;)
  41. EP3 Jonny

Usual stuff mate, Exhaust , In take filter and remap should do it " apparentley " but im not too clued up on the Evo yet...apart from she has huge capability to be tuned.Just keep searching the MLR forum same as I do for the CTR mate
  42. EP3 Jonny

Xtreme LOL you know its a pricey one , PM sent ;)
  43. EP3 Jonny

LOL im happy as it is for now its all about the innards of this one mate
  44. EP3 Jonny

Mate the blackberry dies with the sound as the mic is poop, im ***** try use my digi camera at weekend going up my mates airfield (his dad is the skydiving club president and lets us use it ) hahahaha
  45. EP3 Jonny

DC fitted

I think I was in ther in my silver evo when you had that done, Sounded nice pulling away mate
  46. EP3 Jonny

After months and months of searching for a clean one here she is ..... My 2005 unmolested Mitsubishi Evoloution IX MR FQ 340 32000 miles on the clock and a F/S/H from Ralliart :twisted: Ive already lowered the car with a set of tien Super Street Coilovers and springs and added a HKS SQV...
  47. EP3 Jonny

Where are these photos :)
  48. EP3 Jonny

Heres a few videos especially for Danga, which were done on a private road . The reason is to hear the exhaust noise unfortunatley the bberry cant cope with the noise and doesnt do well but best i can do Danga..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EXQ01c6HFo...
  49. EP3 Jonny

Fitted the grounding kit today looks great and car feels more responsive, Red JDM mats not yet arrived and the real kick in the nuts is Paypal are being tools so cant get the spoiler yet !!!
  50. EP3 Jonny

abp frsu

I have had the ABP FRSU , It was the first mod I did to my car and I really like the improvements it made. Turning in seems more presice and the car feels more sure footed than standard :)
  51. EP3 Jonny

Just ordered Red JDM mats and a Carbon fibre spoiler should be here this week and ill fit friday so pics over the weekend :)
  52. EP3 Jonny

Correct mate, need a remap if you change mani . Im lucky really I live near to ABP .As for the V-Tec I find it has made a difference to overtaking and when you get a nice fast twisty its great fun (not that it wasnt anyway tbh)
  53. EP3 Jonny

I have the same system as yourself and also had the same thoughts mate I opted for the full piper system inc mani and spors cat , when we fitted it we checked the emmisions and all was passable but not good and the car seemed to run a little lean, but no engine management light . I then...
  54. EP3 Jonny

For the evo I pay 870 ! The CTR with mods makes much less power but is more expensive to insure :confused: :mad:
  55. EP3 Jonny

My insurance is now with a mirrored no claims bonus (all real no claims on evo) and all mods are insured I pay around £ 900. It seems expensive as im 30 this year but with all mods and mirrored no claims im happy enough !
  56. EP3 Jonny

I got the Carbon fibre slam panel, bonnet and door sills secondhand from someone on this forum mate . Seibon do some nice bits though or keep trawling the for sale threads youll get a bargain :cool:
  57. EP3 Jonny

Defo !! I could never sell her . The CTR is now a motorway and A road terrorist up and down the country with work :lol: The Evo doesnt and wont get wet (Pussy I know :rolleyes:) and is only used for track and nice weekends but its sooo much fun mate ! Hows your CTR coming along ? I...
  58. EP3 Jonny

pics will be on later tonight or over weekend mate at mrs at moment internet here is poop !!
  59. EP3 Jonny

Not been on in a while so a quick update.... the civic is still the same apart from a service and the SG40 rims are off for a powder coat in candy apple red and a black stripe . I havent been able to spend on her for a while as ive bought a new toy....Mitsubishi Evo IX MR FQ340 and thats had...
  60. EP3 Jonny

Fitting JDM wind deflectors help please.

When I fitted mine I put the deflector on with the protective cover still on the tape, got it in place with the clips then VERY carefully so I didnt scratch the door or sills , got a needle and picked off a corner of the tape and peeled away the cover and it stuck down perfect :D ... I did...
  61. EP3 Jonny

Cleaning a carbon bonnet

Im in shrewsbury, shropshire but im in london alot for work if anyone can help out ???
  62. EP3 Jonny

New look forum graphics

Are these still available with the EP3 "R" ?
  63. EP3 Jonny

Cheers :) The Inlet manifold is my next job along with tein coilovers. But got lots in the pipe line . ;) went to TDi north today and had the spoon lower strut bar installed
  64. EP3 Jonny

Dont be put off I love mine really !!! I havent got any vids ill try and do one but it will be on me iPhonne so quality will be poop !
  65. EP3 Jonny

I dont know how loud yours is but mine is mega loud. Motorway driving is not fun, but it does sound good in the v-tec
  66. EP3 Jonny

Bonnet is ok. I got it secondhand and it could do with a polish up. The fit is great though.
  67. EP3 Jonny

Heres my CTR after a good clean Engine Piper manifold race cat back with 6 x 4 Oval pipe AEM CAI with Hydrosheild Buddyclub oil Cap and radiator cap Hondata k100 ECU mapped at TDI North 233.8 BHP @ 7689 and 169.8lbft @ 5687. J'S racing front tower strut and torque damper Energy rear...
  68. EP3 Jonny

Posting pictures

How do I post pictures ? Can someone tell the max size you are aloud and how to resize if too big ? cheers
  69. EP3 Jonny

Detailer in Shrewsbury or SY area

I need a detailer in Shrewsbury or SY area as the title suggests the old girl needs a good session . If anyone knows of anyone in the above area it would be mucho appreciated
  70. EP3 Jonny

Cleaning a carbon bonnet

its just dull at the moment.....it used to have a sticker on the bonnet so thats ghosting thriugh aswell
  71. EP3 Jonny

Cleaning a carbon bonnet

I recently bought a second hand carbon bonnet. Its in need of a bit of TLC and a polish up . Anyone know where I can take it or how to DIY it ? thanks :)
  72. EP3 Jonny

Carbon Fibre Grille

Does any one know where I can get a Carbon fibre grille for a facelift Ep3 ? Cheers in advance
  73. EP3 Jonny

Guide to the Gruppe M - please read before posting!

so best job is i jump in the motor and check it out nowhere is that far away over here LOL The price seems about right though doesnt it ? cheers hasnic . Just checked and the picture is same for a load of motors !!
  74. EP3 Jonny

Guide to the Gruppe M - please read before posting!

sorry if im being stupid but im currently stranded in Hong kong and the tunning shops over here are the dogs danglies and ive managed to find what i think is the correct gruppe m but photo looks a little iffy on the website so is this...
  75. EP3 Jonny

AEM V2 improvements ?

Any links as to where to buy the ITG from in the UK ?
  76. EP3 Jonny

AEM V2 improvements ?

got a qoute yesterday from gruppe m and in yen its 107000 so in pounds today its £ 756 new
  77. EP3 Jonny

AEM V2 improvements ?

Any links as to wher i can buy one from ?:lol:
  78. EP3 Jonny

AEM V2 improvements ?

Yeah I will but funds tight at the moment and nearly £ 800 quid for a induction kit for the gruppe m new is steep even if its the best i could think of other things the £ 800 quid could go on lol
  79. EP3 Jonny

AEM V2 improvements ?

Anyone got any ideas where and if so what size water shield I need for a V2 ? Im also after any ideas on a heat shield size ? and how can I get a tube down to the V2 to make sure only cold air is hitting this bad boy ? Alot to ask but hey im a noob so......
  80. EP3 Jonny

Your AEM questions answered.

I had a aem v2 fitted at abp yesterday and the sound is awesome im well chuffed didnt notice much difference in performance apart from it revs a little quicker through VTEC but im well happy with it.:D
Back