• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. doug2507

N/A build or Supercharger build? Advice needed 250+? 300?

300bhp 2000cc, do-able but factor in £20k minimum spend for long block/drivetrain/intake/exhaust/electrics/ancils/fuel. Longblock alone is around £12k+, same goes for Duratec etc. Never in a month of Sundays would you run that on the road. Increase bore to give somewhere around 2200cc, still...
  2. doug2507

AP coilovers???

Just as well setting fire to your handful of £20 notes. Never even heard of them never mind good rep.
  3. doug2507

Gearbox bolt

Reverse gear shaft bolt? 14 & 18 http://www.lingshondaparts.com/honda_car_parts_selection_pfk.php?block_01=17S5S01&block_02=M__1400&block_03=9422 Get a copy of the service manual and it'll tell you. :)
  4. doug2507

Recommendation replace itg maxogen cold air feed pipe

Reverie. Airbox for ITB's and duct on bumper.
  5. doug2507

It's what i'm using on 100mm carbon snorkels. ;) fits fine...
  6. doug2507

Micropore from Reverie. It'll also help reduce intake temp.
  7. doug2507

Ferodo ds 2500, EP3 front.

Stick with oem. You'll get a better upgrade by replacing the brake fluid if it's not been done in a while. If you're not putting much heat into the brakes then oem are fine. As for bite, pretty sure they have enough to put the ABS on.
  8. doug2507

Need a uprated battery

I'd go for something with higher CA rating, 400+.
  9. doug2507

Need a uprated battery

Yeah, i've got the same but not run it yet. I know another user that ran it without issue on a fully equipped road car. I'd maybe go for a red top 30 if you're having issues. I'm assuming the cable you've used is a suitable gauge for the length of the run?
  10. doug2507

Slider rebuild kits-WARNING

Checked mine, same as OEM. No issues. Were ordered through ebay seller "brakesint"
  11. doug2507

Need a uprated battery

Bigger Odyssey, Varley Red Top, stock battery. Both Odyssey and Varley supply data on their batteries, i.e, CA/CCA etc. Red Top 30 is 450A, stock is something like 420A. (CCA).
  12. doug2507

Aem water/methanol

Might be worth giving Ben a shout over on CTRO, think he's run this kit for quite a while now. http://civictype-r.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=185815
  13. doug2507

Ferodo ds 2500, EP3 front.

DS2500's are exactly the same compound AP supply with their BBK's…..can't be that bad if they use them.
  14. doug2507

Slider rebuild kits-WARNING

Good post! Just rebuilt mine but not fitted them to the car yet, i'll notch them before they go on.
  15. doug2507

Oil pressure gauge, pressure readings

http://civictype-r.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=69&t=258439
  16. doug2507

Loosing a LOT of coolant whilst trying to remove throttle body. Advice please.

Small mole grips on the pipe sorts that out. Use some blue towel / cloth between the jaws and the pipe so you don't damage it.
  17. doug2507

After market cams

Pick up the phone and give the boys at TDI a shout! They'll be able to advise you better than anyone on the forums. ;)
  18. doug2507

Carbon Mugen spoiler spotted at mimms

Yeah, right enough Harvey, had it in my head it was MG for OEM. It is OEM.
  19. doug2507

After market cams

Think you'd need to ask TDI-N about that. I'm guessing they're UK made so wouldn't have any doubts as to the quality of the steel used for them and pretty sure the guys would't put sub standard material on the market!
  20. doug2507

Pre-Face lift: Brake Ducts

http://www.rallycarsforsale.net/clas/index.php?ct=fsrp&md=details&id=80038 Probably are facelift looking at them now.
  21. doug2507

Pre-Face lift: Brake Ducts

JAS do brake ducting. Usually some for sale on rallyparts.
  22. doug2507

Carbon fibre dash board

Already on the market….
  23. doug2507

Carbon Mugen spoiler spotted at mimms

They need a bit of work to fit them. Weekend job with some decent grit sanding paper. I've got an MG (oem) Seibon available (brand new) if anyone wants it.
  24. doug2507

35mm drop

Get a rack riser or inverted tie rods ends for that drop. ;)
  25. doug2507

Exedy lightweight flywheel

There is no better for the weight, the quality of the exedy is second to none. I've got both flywheel and stage 1 clutch brand new for sale so i can save you a few quid on buying new, and i'm just along the road in Kingswells. (putting in a twin instead)
  26. doug2507

whats the best exhaust headers!!

If the CAT isn't replaced then yes...;)
  27. doug2507

Ep3 type r track day tyre size

If you're doing sprints consider Kumho V70's. SS's will be fine if you don't use them on the road.
  28. doug2507

After market cams

Not much point fitting most "stage 3" cams on a stock bottom end as you won't have the CR to run them. (or the p2v clearance)
  29. doug2507

whats the best exhaust headers!!

Yep, Si is the same as EP3. They never got the Type R over there and iirc the EP3 is referred to as an EP2 over there.
  30. doug2507

Intake manifold

FYI, Skunk2 Ultra street version will be out soon….
  31. doug2507

valve clearance tool?

Ring spanner, flathead screwdriver & feelers. Can't remember nut size off the top of my head but probably around 6/8mm. All the info's in the service manual.
  32. doug2507

Intake funnel and manifold question

Ah, i see. Yeah, some clubs add their own rules on top of MSA regs for the local stuff. I'd query the decat though as it's required in MSA reg's, local scrutineer should be able to clarify, they do check them most of the time. CAT's aren't required pre-1992 for production cars...
  33. doug2507

Intake funnel and manifold question

Out of curiosity what reg's do you need to comply with? Seems odd that you can't change the intake but can run decat. Should be able to make your own cold air feed with some ducting onto the stock air box. Just feed it from the front or wing. IMO it's not going to make much of a difference...
  34. doug2507

top timing chain guide

Might have spare, i'll check later on today.
  35. doug2507

recomended mappers in scotland

It's been off the road for the past few months for a wee bit of tinkering. Next time out should be Fintray hillclimb. Yeah, loads of them going about town now! Never down the beach, not really into the cruise scene and would rather sink a few pints at the weekend! Think there might be a RR down...
  36. doug2507

Yeah, familiar with most. Had mine in on the AEM EMS2 a while back for a base map to get the car running. Can't fault them apart from the ridiculous waiting list to get in!
  37. doug2507

Aberdeen - Wallace Performance
  38. doug2507

Saw this..

V.Nice. Well worth going to see.
  39. doug2507

Decat Engine Light Elimination Methods

Just fitted one of these spacers a couple of days ago so i can run about this week whilst waiting on a new ECU without the the engine nearly stalling at junctions. There's not a chance in hell i'd run about with one on a regular basis! And i'm certainly not driving it in anger till the ECU's...
  40. doug2507

Forged 2.5 ep3

:lol: Wonder if that ecu's spare now....:)
  41. doug2507

Forged 2.5 ep3

So how's it going??
  42. doug2507

Standard EP3 alloy colour

Post some pics once there done Ben. Going to get a set of mine powder coated and wouldn't mind seeing the finish/colour before i do mine!
  43. doug2507

Engine mounts...competition or fast road...?

Got the ES mounts & box mount fitted as well. Minimal vibration. Only notice it on idle really. Think i'll be changing to Avid's etc at some point. (comp. car). Big recommendation for the ES ones for daily drivers though!
  44. doug2507

LSD for CTR

I'll be doing it all myself soon (waiting on parts from Japan) and post a how to once done if there's not one up already. It is relatively straight forward, just time consuming. An engine hoist would be helpful and a transmission jack a bonus. Once the box is off it's all easy going but you'll...
  45. doug2507

K-Pro. Mapping/Comparisons/Problems.

Is Aaron's modded Palmer 3 still floating about? Looking for a decent map for GM/FEEL's RH/FEEL's Exh. to tootle about in before i can get down to TDI. (or even GM/Toda would do).
  46. doug2507

Vtec Controller

If you get a K-Pro you can run one of the maps that is provided with it. No need for going on a dyno. And you're pretty much guaranteed to get your money back on the forums if you buy is s/h.
  47. doug2507

Cams

Vernier pulleys....sound buy or waste of money?
  48. doug2507

uprating rear anti roll bar advice

Mine's a 01 and got picked up in the last mot for having a worn rear link so i'm going to have to replace one set anyway. Just hope the fronts come off no bother. Can't believe how expensive they are. A set of uprated whiteline links for my subaru cost the same!!! Soon find out today as i'm...
  49. doug2507

Lsd question..Ctr Ep3

Need to find that out myself... Some info on diffs: http://www.civinfo.com/forum/engines-and-transmission/34309-differential-review-oem-jdm-quaife-os-giken.html http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=63789
  50. doug2507

Lsd question..Ctr Ep3

If i'm not allowed to post this link let me know! This will explain shimming with regards to the EP3. http://civictype-r.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=198411&hilit=lsd+shimming
  51. doug2507

Bloody hell, just phoned the dealer for oem drop links for the rear arb. £40+VAT each!! Anyone know where you can get them cheaper??
  52. doug2507

HID's - FITTED

Fitted my HIDs4u (6k) yesterday. What a difference! Just shows how crap the std lights are. I mounted the relays in the wings as it was the best flat surface i could find close to the lights. Anyone know if the side repeater bulb needs to flash orange like the main indicators?
  53. doug2507

Lsd question..Ctr Ep3

I'd be looking to get it for less than 400 EUR. Diff will need to be shimmed when fitted. If you're quite mechanically minded then its not too much of a big job to do. For peace of mind get a reputable garage to do it. They'll have it (and clutch if needed) fitted in less than a day. iirc both...
  54. doug2507

Batteries

double check that Halfords No. Think it might be 57. I'll check this morning as the old man with good intentions went and got another Halfrauds battery as a favour so its fitted now. Fingers crossed it lasts longer than the last one.
  55. doug2507

Vtec cover

PM Brencivic. He's already done some.
  56. doug2507

Gear box Oil

75w90 Motul Gear FF Type II would be my recommendation.
  57. doug2507

Lsd question..Ctr Ep3

The JDM oem diff is quite good and comparable to the Quaife. I personally wouldn't get a wavetrac because for a front wheel drive car you don't really want it locking under braking as it will unsettle the cars handling when pushed hard.
  58. doug2507

Ebay is always good for them. Managed to get a front JDM ARB for £20!! Suppose there's less demand for the fronts though. Only needed one for my Toda manifold.
  59. doug2507

Idle problem

If its hunting then its more than likely the idle control valve. Should be more prominent in the cold weather as well.
  60. doug2507

fujitsubo RM-01A with stock cat problems

Well if we can organise a small group buy on these i'll take a pair as well just as a precaution for fitting a RM01A to my pre-facelift.
  61. doug2507

Steamy windows

Well i think i've found out my problem. I had the trim off the tailgate yesterday because the rear window wasn't heating up after having oem tinted windows fitted. When i took off the centre section of trim it was full of water. There's wire running through the top of the tailgate which have...
  62. doug2507

Vtec cover

Bren has done and does these.....
  63. doug2507

Cams

Good good, that'll be todays job then.:)
  64. doug2507

Cams

Went and got myself some DC5 cams cheap. Anyone know if the valves clearances will be different than the stock cams or is it just a straight swap?
  65. doug2507

Batteries

Well my Halfords battery has lasted less than 2 years so not impressed at all.
  66. doug2507

Buddyclub Condenser

Have one of Lee's earth kits and a BC condenser. No more problems with lights dimming when using the windows etc.
  67. doug2507

Need a new battery

Hi, Been thinking i need a new battery for a while and funnily enough its dead. Tried doing a search on here and the other forum for info as i'm sure i saw a thread before but can't find it. Can anyone recommend me a quality battery? Ta.
  68. doug2507

Eibach Springs

Bought a set recently and i can confirm they come with the rubber. Big thumbs up for Matt and the guys, excellent service from ABP and highly recommended.
  69. doug2507

Eibach Springs

Yeah, just give them a ring.
  70. doug2507

EP3 Discs

I was talking about serious use. Not 'spirited' driving. Vented discs are ample and the std wheels also give good cooling. The only benefit you'll get from crossdrilled discs is aesthetics if you're that way inclined. They won't improve your braking, they won't last as long and they cost more...
  71. doug2507

EP3 Discs

Drilled discs are a complete waste of money on road going cars. Drilling is to aid cooling when they are used hard. By this i mean serious circuit racing/tarmac rallying. If you need that amount of cooling for your discs you should be thinking about proper ducting etc. Back in the old days...
  72. doug2507

K-Pro Info - Really Really Confused

Sports cat is serious coin. Cat back might take you an hour to replace. Is that one of Bren's rocker covers? Looks like a job well done.
  73. doug2507

K-pro mapping/dealers nearby Glasgow?

Just to make clear to anyone else reading this that the mentioned person above had his car mapped by other than H.R and that company has offered to take the car back in and diagnose/rectify any mapping issues without charge. There's also nothing wrong with the map that is obvious. We'll see if...
  74. doug2507

Dyno and road. It all depends on the experience and skill of the mapper. Live data logging gives you all the info you need. The only part i really disagree with is "Of course you could go to the guy listed in this thread, but when it goes wrong or you don't get the desired results will it be...
  75. doug2507

Yes, TDI/CPL etc have a massive amount of experience with mapping the K-Pro and i'm sure they all do a very good job but H.R is getting very good reports and is closer to home.
  76. doug2507

Might be worth starting a 'members cars' thread tweats.....
  77. doug2507

700 - 800 mile round trip plus an overnight stay......About time there was someone else more than capable mapping K-Pro outside Englandshire!;)
  78. doug2507

Well that might be 3 of us then! Should have my clutch bedded in by the time i get there!
  79. doug2507

OMNI LCA's

Blimey, 416.4bhp / 290.2lbs/ft. All through the front wheels. Not much of a daily driver then!
  80. doug2507

Added bonus with the K-Pro is they all go for similar money second hand and if you pick one up there's not much chance of loosing out on any money if you decide to go back to standard. There's only so many mods you can do to the civic without spending serious money and most of them are from...
  81. doug2507

Installing after market HU with Autolead Fascia.

Got an alpine fitted to mine. Binned the alpine cage iirc. I'll get pics up later on today bud.:)
  82. doug2507

Engine Torque Damper

Pretty sure that it needs adjusted till its at the right length. Also transmits a good bit of noise into the cabin. Just search the forums and you'l find out more on it.
  83. doug2507

Engine Torque Damper

Fairly easy if you've got a jack. Using them instead of an ETD means the jobs done proper from the start and no constant adjusting needed till its right.
  84. doug2507

Which LSD

Yeah, from what i gather it shouldn't be too much of a pain in the arse with normal driving. It's a little more than the alternatives but should be smoother than a paddle, handle more output than it will ever see and last a lot longer as well. Money well spent i reckon. One thing i've learned...
  85. doug2507

Which LSD

Yeah, me too. Should be spot on from what i've heard/read. Just wonder how the Exedy hyper carbon that i ordered with it will be on the road!
  86. doug2507

Engine Torque Damper

http://civictype-r.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=124&t=195461&hilit=avid+engine+mounts
  87. doug2507

Which LSD

http://www.osgiken.net/ Really known for clutches. Especially in the scooby/evo world. Pretty much the mutts nuts for twin plates. The super lock LSD is getting rave reviews over in the states bettering the Quaife/Wavetrac. Probably not so well know over here in the civic world...
  88. doug2507

Which LSD

OS Giken???!!
  89. doug2507

Engine Torque Damper

For the money i'd go for avid racing engine/box mounts instead.
  90. doug2507

Which LSD

Just an update, i've got an OS Giken diff on the way which will be fitted once it arrives from the east. I'll report on it once fitted.:)
  91. doug2507

Cams

Any recommendations for a JRSC?
  92. doug2507

ep3 exhaust

Fujitsubo RM-01a
  93. doug2507

How To Fit Accord Type R Seats to EP3

Yeah, might take a little longer but theres no need to measure any of the holes, the seat doesn't need drilled and you can retain the original seat mounting points. Also pushes the seat forward by about 2 inches which means less cranking the seatback forward to get the shopping in. At the end of...
  94. doug2507

Fuel rails

Good to hear. Thats a good bit of cash i can put into the valvetrain then!
  95. doug2507

How To Fit Accord Type R Seats to EP3

Fitted mine at the weekend. Couple of points. 1. M10 bolts need to be 1.25 pitch 2. 60mm will be too long to get the seat level. 45-50mm is fine. 3. Only the inner rear rail to floorpan bolt hole needs enlarged. This is the hole closest to the centre console on both seats. This needs filed back...
  96. doug2507

Replacing exhaust manifold

Hi, Is it possible to do this with the car jacked up on axle stands? Just checking to see if there's enough room underneath to take the oem off and fit a toda or if it needs to go on a ramp...... Ta.
  97. doug2507

Fuel rails

Hi, Is there much difference in fuel rails between the manufacturers? i.e, AEM, Skunk, Mugen.....? Ta.
  98. doug2507

Steamy windows

Ha, thats what i use but with glass cleaner.....
  99. doug2507

Steamy windows

Bit of a bold statement that one! How about soap/water/glass cleaner etc etc?
Back