• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. big al 83

How long to fit LSD?

I took sandwiches :lol:. Tight wad :rolleyes: Stevie didn't mind me hanging around and watching. The guy who helps him is a wonder to watch. You'll see what I mean.
  2. big al 83

How long to fit LSD?

Eightspeed fitted my M Factory ATB LSD. There was no mention of shims being needed. He started mine at 9ish and finished about 3ish. There was 2 working on it though. I also had all new bearings in the box + Diff bearings and also a new clutch. I can't praise them enough, excellent service. A...
  3. big al 83

Progress 22mm rear arb for ep3

I don't think so. I went from the standard 19mm to the 22mm JDM and the difference was very noticeable. The bigger the rear ARB, less understeer.
  4. big al 83

EML keeps flickering.

Yea,it's fun to drive now, mid range is much better and it really howls as the revs rise. :twisted:
  5. big al 83

EML keeps flickering.

Hows the car going mate. Has the flickering oil light problem been cured ?
  6. big al 83

EML keeps flickering.

Hi bud it's Alan, I was at TDi with you yesterday. Glad you got it sorted and I trust the drive home was exciting. I wish Paul had told me about the B pipe, may of got in there first. Mine made 228 bhp, piper manifold with decat, pipercross filter and Magnex back box. Like yourself he said the...
  7. big al 83

whats it actually like to have a jsrc or other supercharged honda

They are totally different units and build boost differently.
  8. big al 83

whats it actually like to have a jsrc or other supercharged honda

S/C all day. No lag, and despite whats been previously said, you don't need to rev the nads off her to make rapid progress. JRSC build boost differently to a Rotrex. Research what would be best for you.
  9. big al 83

EP3 exhaust manifold question

OK, thanks guys.
  10. big al 83

EP3 exhaust manifold question

Is removal done from under the car? ;)
  11. big al 83

HKS silent hi-power

I had one of these on my Evo5. It was a perfect fit and sounded only a tad louder than the standard one.
  12. big al 83

Manifold heat wrap

Can anyone recommend a good quality heat wrap for my exhaust manifold. I bought some a short while back but it was crap, full of fibreglass, didn't stop scratchingfor 2 days. :)
  13. big al 83

Remap - Newb Question

Yes.
  14. big al 83

Remap - Newb Question

Ok, thats fine. TDi will be mapping for me.;)
  15. big al 83

Remap - Newb Question

So can the K100 be remapped more than once? I.E. future upgrades.
  16. big al 83

BHP figures what you think with this set up?

I'll be quiet honest and say that I find alot of these HP figures are rather optimistic. A mate of mine has fitted a ctr engine in his Lotus, with 4 branch mani., air filter and K Pro. After hours of mapping, by a very respected mapper, it made 215 bhp. He did say however that the car drives...
  17. big al 83

Knackered alternator ?

Me too. I had visions of a huge bill so £4.29 for some fuses seems a bargain. ;)
  18. big al 83

Knackered alternator ?

Problem sorted :D. Came across an old thread on another website. The alternator has a fuse in the fuse box under the dash, although this doesn't show on the fuse cover, 10A had blown. Replaced and hey presto, no dash lights. :D :D Thanks for all your replies.
  19. big al 83

ALTERNATOR REMOVAL

Problem sorted. I was a blown fuse.
  20. big al 83

ALTERNATOR REMOVAL

Ok then I think my alternator is u/s but having had a look at the job I think the only way of getting it off is to remove the inlet manifold. Am I right?
  21. big al 83

Knackered alternator ?

What caused all this was my post cat. lambda. The lower half of the cat shroud came off and shredded the lambda wires and I think they must have earthed. Instantly my EPS, battery light, EML and my speedo stopped working. Got the car home and replaced the lambda and thought that would be it. How...
  22. big al 83

Knackered alternator ?

OK, I think my alternator is knackered. All the dash lights have come on and the battery is only showing 10v with the engine running. Also, the battery voltage was dropping. Is there any fuse or relay that may have gone or is it a new alternator £200 plus :eek: If it is a new alternator it...
  23. big al 83

How about this one !!!

On my way home from work tonight I was on a dual carriageway doing 70 when all of a sudden they was a loud bang and really bad noises coming from underneath the car. At the same time I had my EPS, Battery light, EML light and another come on and the speedo had stopped working.:eek: The noise was...
  24. big al 83

Civic Type r Ep3 LSD

It's a big job but if you're confident enough and have access to a ramp give it a go. I had mine fitted by Stevie @ Eightspeed and I was there to watch :eek: Defo wouldn't try it myself.
  25. big al 83

rotrex or jackson racing SC?

But that power curve is just as it should be, nice and steady. Note the turbo curve, alot of power and torque in a big hit. Not good for your clutch and transmission. A standard CTR can struggle to put the power down in the wet, just imagine what it would be like with a sudden surge of power and...
  26. big al 83

facelift HID's

Are the dipped beam bulbs H4 or H7?
  27. big al 83

facelift HID's

Cheers folks, I'll sort some out then. :D
  28. big al 83

facelift HID's

I have a pretty friendly mot station so I don't think that will be a problem. I just don't want to buy a cheap and nasty setup so any recommendations would be great.
  29. big al 83

facelift HID's

I've seen these on e bay but don't know much about them:confused: Are the road legal and mot friendly and which one would you go for? ;) I take it xenons are a different ball game but can you fit these to a ep3? Cheers guys.
  30. big al 83

Progress anti roll bars

Just a thought, does the front 27mm bar accept standard drop links?
  31. big al 83

Progress anti roll bars

Thats good to hear. The JDM bar is an improvement over the standard bar but I feel it could still do with being bigger. Also, I may have too much toe in at the rear, 1.6 mm total. Turn in isn't has good has it could be so may try 1mm total. I might take a punt on the Progress 24mm bar but not...
  32. big al 83

Progress anti roll bars

They were the ABP/Eibach -30mm ones.
  33. big al 83

Progress anti roll bars

Sorry, forgot to mention, I already have a JDM arb
  34. big al 83

Progress anti roll bars

I've just put the standard springs back on my CTR and as expected......more body roll. I've seen the Progress front arb 27mm and rear 24mm. I know these will reduce the roll but are they too big for road use? I like the comfort of the standard springs.
  35. big al 83

M Factory LSD

No, straight ahead.
  36. big al 83

M Factory LSD

Tried a standing start burnout on a quiet road and it left 2 lovely black lines. Must be working then.:D
  37. big al 83

M Factory LSD

Maybe I need to experiment a little. The cars going in tomorrow to get the geo. setup. Going to go..... 1.5 deg neg front 1.25 deg neg rear 1.5 mm toe out front 1 mm toe in rear Both toe settings are total.
  38. big al 83

M Factory LSD

What geometry settings are you running?
  39. big al 83

M Factory LSD

Well I cant feel any difference when coming out of corners and in the wet it still understeers like mad!
  40. big al 83

M Factory LSD

Is it possible to tell if the diff is working properly? If I jack the front end off the ground and turn one wheel by hand should the other one turn? :confused:
  41. big al 83

Gearbox rebuild

Steve at eightspeed did mine 2 weeks ago. Excellent service. Give him a call.
  42. big al 83

rotrex or jackson racing SC?

Cheers guys. I'll give TDi a call nearer the time.
  43. big al 83

Supercharger question

I'm probably going to SC my ctr soon but not sure which one to go for, Jackson racing or Rotrex. I understand they produce their power differently but can anyone throw any light on the best option?
  44. big al 83

Toyosports exhaust manifold 4-2-1

I've recently bought one of these for my CTR (second hand) but I'm not sure if it will clear the ARB. Does anyone have one of these on their CTR. I don't want to buy a JDM ARB if I don't need too. cheers.
  45. big al 83

strut top mounts

Just finished fitting some new top mounts and arb drop links. Looked at the old ones when I'd finished and I noticed they were marked left hand and right hand. Not sure if I've put them on correctly now. Does it matter if they are on the wrong side? It all went togeather ok and it looks ok but...
  46. big al 83

top mounts

I've managed to get some from Eurocarparts. Not sure if the're correct untill I get one off.
  47. big al 83

clutch slave cylinder location?

If you take out your airbox I think it's under there. I think you may be able to get at it from underneath too.
  48. big al 83

top mounts

OK, looked everywhere,(other than honda) but where can I get standard ctr top mounts?
  49. big al 83

Front lights. Xenon question

OK, thanks guys.
  50. big al 83

Front lights. Xenon question

Does a facelift ctr have xenon headlights? If not, is it just a job of putting in xenon bulbs?
  51. big al 83

Competition clutch flywheels

Is there a noticeable difference? Only 1kg lighter isn't alot.
  52. big al 83

Competition clutch flywheels

Does anyone have a Competition clutch ultra light flywheel on their CTR. Just wanted to know how they are. The claimed weight is 3.66 kg which I think is about 1 kg lighter than my 2005 facelift. Cheers folks. ;)
  53. big al 83

quieter backbox ?

I went to MR. TYRE and had a small box fitted into my b pipe. £100 and sounds nice now. No drone at cruising speeds but still sounds nice in V Tec.
  54. big al 83

4 Wheel Geometry Alignment Setup Help & Advice Please...

It was for an M Factory diff, new clutch, and all gearbox bearings replaced. Drive in, drive out for £1300 Sorry, that should be £1230.
  55. big al 83

4 Wheel Geometry Alignment Setup Help & Advice Please...

I have a very similar set up to yourself and I have mine set to.... 1 deg. neg. at front 1 deg. neg. at rear 1.2 mm toe out at front (total) 2 mm toe in at rear (total) This set up shouldn't wear tyres too much and I've found it gives a well balanced car. In the wet it will 4 wheel drift...
  56. big al 83

Bosch oil filter

Just had another look at the filter box and the part no. is f026 407 077. Done a google search and it seems it is the correct filter.
  57. big al 83

Bosch oil filter

Done an oil + filter on my EP3 today but tried to fit the oil filter and it was the wrong one:mad: Went back to the shop and I was then given a Bosch filter, part number...501600040. This fitted fine but I must say it was very small compared to the one that came off which was a Hengst H90W25...
  58. big al 83

Brembo's on a 2003 EP3

Do they give an increase in braking performance?
  59. big al 83

LSD for CTR

The box has got to come out anyway, I've got a bearing or two rumbling on the over run. Not having owned the car for long I had the gearbox oil checked and it needed .5 ltr to fill. :eek: Damage already done. A new clutch will go in too. As for the flywheel, I'm not too sure. I've been told...
  60. big al 83

LSD for CTR

Thought so. Cheers folks.
  61. big al 83

LSD for CTR

Do you have to remove the gearbox to fit an LSD?
  62. big al 83

Face lift CTR flywheel weight

As above. Does anyone know the weight of the standard flywheel? ;)
  63. big al 83

Japspeed manifold + unsilenced b-pipe

I personally think you will be ok. I upped the boost on my Evo 5 by quiet a considerable amount. I was also running an HKS filter. I ran it like this for a fair amount of time. Now we all know how fragile turbo cars are when run lean. Normally asparated cars aren't so critical. I also...
  64. big al 83

New ITG Maxogen Owner - My feedback

I'm also thinking of getting one of these. Been reading up on various closed box systems and the ITG seems to look a strong contender. Don't want too much induction noise so I've ruled out Gruppe M and Tegiwa copy.;)
  65. big al 83

bleeding brakes?

I think you start at the wheel thats furthest from the mastercylinder. So that would be n/s rear, o/s rear, n/s front, o/s front. I dare say though every one has their own way of doing it.
  66. big al 83

Rumble from the rear

Cheers Loxy.
  67. big al 83

Rumble from the rear

Hows that then? Could it be the pressures?
  68. big al 83

Rear strut brace

DAMN :mad: anyone need a rear strut brace.:)
  69. big al 83

Rumble from the rear

As above. I've noticed a rumble on my ep3. It seems to come from the rear. Could it be wheel bearings? ;)
  70. big al 83

Rear strut brace

Does the ep3 civic have a rear strut brace as standard? Only I bought one off EBay only to find the car already has one.
  71. big al 83

camber Bolts & rear camber arms!

Bad feedback !!!!! They're 2 lumps of metal, just as all the others are.
  72. big al 83

camber Bolts & rear camber arms!

I have D2's on mine and they're fine.
  73. big al 83

FRSU question

1 degree neg camber all round 2mm toe in at rear 1mm toe out at front These settings are taken from the suspension explained thread. Regarding the toe settings......are the they total toe or each side?
  74. big al 83

FRSU question

Went back to Jeff Fowkes today and asked about the set-up. When I asked him why he'd not set the camber to 1 deg neg like I asked he replied he had. ! What I thought was .54 neg (half a degree) was actually 54 minutes, just shy of 1 deg neg. 60 minutes equalls 1 degree. Walked away a little...
  75. big al 83

FRSU question

No, very expensive, went to Jeff Fowkes at Ibstock. I've been there a number of times but I may need to take it back as they haven't done as I asked.
  76. big al 83

FRSU question

Sorry to bring this one up again but I've just got from having a full laser setup. I told him to set it to........ 1 deg. neg. allround 1 mm toe out at front 1mm toe in at rear He then asks me is it 1mm total toe out or per wheel Same at the rear ? to which I said not sure ???? I ended up...
  77. big al 83

DC5 gearbox into EP3

Nice one.
  78. big al 83

DC5 gearbox into EP3

As above. Is this a direct swap into a CTR and do all the gearchange cables and rods fit? Thanks folks. ;)
  79. big al 83

02 sim required for piper manifold and Sports cat?

I fitted a 4 branch manifold, sports cat and exhaust to a C2 VTS. Had no problems at all. If it's a decent cat (200 cel) you should have no problems. 100 cel cat may not pass an MOT. Be sure to fit the post cat sensor after the cat though.
  80. big al 83

Manifold , sports cat and hks system , require a remap or ok on own?

I think you should be ok. I raised the boost, fitted a HKS silent highpower, HKS air filter and sports cat on my Evo5 and it ran fine. I did get it mapped later and it did feel quicker after the map. A normally asperated engine isn't as bad as a turbo engine and this is down to heat from a red...
  81. big al 83

Rear toe adjustment

It's going in to have a full 4 wheel adjustement next week so I need to make sure everything will undo.
  82. big al 83

Rear toe adjustment

But where are they?
  83. big al 83

JDM EP3 Anti Roll

Fitted my JDM arb 2 weeks ago. Rear bushes are 22mm but I had to hack saw the drop links off. Bought some new ones from my local spares shop.
  84. big al 83

Rear toe adjustment

How is this done on an EP3 ?
  85. big al 83

Piper or DC header?

I agree on the cat front. It must be possible to fit one after the DC flexi. MIJ are only half hour away so I'll pay them a visit.
  86. big al 83

Piper or DC header?

Thats interesting. Thinks I need to do more research.
  87. big al 83

Ultrasonic sensors

cheers bud.
  88. big al 83

Ultrasonic sensors

Is it possible to de activate the ultrasonic sensors? I want to leave the windows down a bit in this hot weather but the alarm goes off. 05 ep3
  89. big al 83

Piper or DC header?

This is what I was thinking. If the cat was fitted to the manifold flex and the b pipe was cut and mounted to the cat it should work. The only problem I can see is the cat may not get hot enough being so far back in the system.
  90. big al 83

Piper or DC header?

but is it npossible to fit a sports cat
  91. big al 83

Piper or DC header?

My next plan is to fit an exhaust manifold to my EP3. I want to have the option of running a sports cat (MOT purposes) so the piper gives me this option but is it possible to have a sports cat fitted to a DC header? I already have a straight through B pipe and a Magnex back box. Is there much...
  92. big al 83

Anti Roll Bars

It's a jdm type r rear arb and measures 22mm. UK ep3's are 19mm I think.
  93. big al 83

ARB drop links

I have standard springs though. With some lowered uprated springs I suspect it will be better.
  94. big al 83

ARB drop links

It was with Superpro bushes for ARB mounting only. I used standard droplinks.
  95. big al 83

ARB drop links

It has cut down body roll, but not as much as I hoped.
  96. big al 83

EP3 High Flow Sports Cat Downpipe

I fitted one to my C2 VTS and as long as you have the post cat lambda fitted it should be fine. If you buy one make sure there's provision for the second lambda.
  97. big al 83

ARB drop links

Did mine at the weekend. Had to hacksaw both droplinks off, and that was after copious amounts of wd40
  98. big al 83

new clutch yesterday...............

How long did it take them to change your clutch Mr Angry? If I do need a new clutch, I may use the same people as yourself. I'm only down the A5 at Dordon so fairly close.
  99. big al 83

ARB drop links

Is it possible to buy uprated arb droplinks? I've bought a JDM rear arb with SuperPro bushes and I want to get the most from this upgrade.
  100. big al 83

new clutch yesterday...............

My clutch bites very early and the shift is a bit notchy. 6th gear can be difficult to get sometimes. Maybe my clutch is on it's last legs. :( Meant to mention, the cars done 72000 miles.
Back