• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. S

The time has come to sell but for how much?

I'm looking to sell my EP3 after a couple of years of happy ownership, but I've no idea how much I will get for it. It's a 2002 (02) EP3 with 104,000 miles on the clock, Air con, iPod dock, 4 x RE050A's with a reasonable amount of tread, service history, recently serviced and 4 months plus on...
  2. S

Flicker Free LED Sidelights

I've tried two different types of LED sidelights and they have both started flickering after a month or two. Standard bulbs are fine and will last months so I don't think it's the wiring. Can anyone recommend some that will last at least a year without flickering?
  3. S

Drivers Side Cup Holder Rattle!

I've got a very annoying drivers side cup holder rattle that I just can't seem to fix! It's the pull out cup holder to the right of the steering wheel. It's fine when I pull the cup holder out or press on it but when it's in with no pressue it rattles constantly. So far I've tried anti-rattle...
  4. S

Fans Not Working on AC/Heater

The fans on my car have suddenly stopped working and doing some searches/Googling it looks like it could be down to the resistor pack behind the glove box. It looks as if some people just short the two connections rather than buying a new resistor pack? Hoping to save some money I was...
  5. S

How to clean windscreen (well)

I'm struggling to see out of my windscreen on these bright mornings. I have like a haze and lots of dots which I can only assume are small stone chips. I've tried cleaning with glass cleaner and methylated spirits but it's not much better. Also my windscreen wipers smear quite badly and they...
  6. S

What tyre pressure gauge do you use

I'm sick of paying 50p at the BP everytime I want to check my tyre pressures so I'm looking at getting a gauge. What do you guys use as I don't want to shell out on one that gives poor readings.
  7. S

Car Mats

When I got my car I treated it to some new mats. These were just the standard EP3 Type-R mats not the fancy red ones. My thinking behind this was I'm going to keep the car a couple of years so they would still look pretty good when I sell the car and I would have two years of new mats. Now...
  8. S

Parking Brake MOT fail!

My EP3 has just failed it's MOT on the off side parking brake. Pretty annoying as the parking brake still works but it needs to be done. I asked a friend of mine to strip it down and see if he could do anything but it looks like I need a new caliper. Checked with Honda and they wanted stupid...
  9. S

New front tyres recommendations

I'm currently rocking some "West Lakes" on the front and some Bridgestone 040's on the back. As the name suggests the West Lakes are woeful and I'm looking to upgrade. I started by looking at getting some more Bridgestone 040's so they all match but after reading comments like "ditch...
  10. S

Bluetooth Headset with noise cancelling

I've got a couple of bluetooth headsets but both of them are pretty poor with the road noise in my EP3 above about 40mph. Does anyone here use a bluetooth headset in an EP3 at motorway speeds with any success? I just want a headset as I don't really want a new stereo or an expensive "proper...
  11. S

High Speed Braking Vibration

I've started to notice recently when I brake from high speed I get what I can only describe as a vibration. I can feel it through the steering wheel and pedals but it's only from 60mph+. To me it feels like it's coming from the front wheels but I could be wrong. I've had a look at the discs...
  12. S

Raising the Boot Floor?

I've got a sub in my boot but I have to position it away from the rear seat uprights because of the ridge towards the back of the boot. What do you guys do? :confused: I was thinking of raising the rest of the boot to match the rear section but can't think of anything that fits the bill.
  13. S

Best Place to Earth Amp

I'm having problems with my sub bumping which I'm fairly certain is the LOC (see other post) but I want to rule out bad earth. I've earthed my amp under the passenger side boot carpet. Two bolts go through a black bar about an inch apart and I've used one of them. I can put photos up if you...
  14. S

Recommend me a Line Output Converter

I'm getting a bump noise when the amp is switched on and I've tracked it down to my cheap Autoleads LOC. My amp doesn't have speaker inputs so I need to supply RCA input. Does anyone here use a LOC without getting the bump noises?
  15. S

Handling Issues!

I’m having handling issues, it’s hard to describe but it just doesn’t feel as planted as usual. It’s a bit woolly and I swear I can hear a slight grinding noise when I’m parking at low speeds. It almost feels as if I’ve got a flat but I’ve checked and they are spot on. As I’ve not given you...
  16. S

Should I put this back in?

I had a service at Honda a couple of weeks ago and they found this. (Although much dirtier. I hope it's OK to use the Pic Dotty) They took it out and replaced it with an OEM one as part of the service. Would I get any benifits from putting it back in?
  17. S

Someone scratched my new car!

I’ve not even had my Type-R two months yet and someone has already scratched it! :mad: :mad: :mad: :( I noticed it yesterday when I went to clean it and as you can imagine I wasn’t best pleased. So the reason why I’m posting in the Car Care section is to see if I can get it out without...
  18. S

Air Con Always On

Sorry if this is the wrong section but I'm after some advice. I moved my temp dial down to the blue on the heater today and found something quite strange. It was ice cold! Not just cool but AC cool. I then tried it with the AC button on and found no change. I thought it could be the fact I...
  19. S

My ICE Plan, Suggestions Please.

I’m planning a few minor tweaks to my ICE. I’m new to Type-R audio so would you more knowledgeable chaps mind sharing your opinions on what I’m planning on doing? I’m looking on DynaMatting the doors as I’m getting a few rattles so I thought I’d upgrade the speakers at the same time. I’m...
Back