• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

0-60 time with three people in the car

With say 3 people in the car, what would the 0-60 time be for the EP3? I got a question as I did a wide open acceleration and it came up almost 8.5 seconds? This can't be right?

Does it matter really?

:lol:

Well said.

If your concerned perhaps you and your mates to go on a diet to shave those valuble 0.001 seconds off your time at the lights and beat that Evo/Scooby/Mini/saxo/corsa that has been keeping you up at night.

On the other hand, you could drive it normally, think about the environment and other road users and keep hard accelleration to the track.

I'm guessing that each of you weigh between 12-15 stone. That's upto around 100kg per person adding a lot of weight, so yes it will affect it.

With only 150ish lb/ft or torque any extra weight makes quite a big difference IME.

I feel the weight with a full tank of petrol, so with 3 extar people in it will be a large amount of weight to lug around.

Billy Big Bollox FTL.

With say 3 people in the car, what would the 0-60 time be for the EP3? I got a question as I did a wide open acceleration and it came up almost 8.5 seconds? This can't be right?

id say thats got to be about right. i remember when i had EP3 and had a few people in it didn't feel very fast at all. on your jack jones is ok. not the best for traffix light grand prix and pub bragging but unfortunately the way it is.

traffic light GP/street racing by eejits = crash and/or death = my insurance premiums go up! Do not want!

i love how people on a type r enthusiasts forum go mad at the prospect of someone doing a 0-60 on the queens highway.

rage.

God wish some people you calm down!! you dont Know where these people are doing this dont jump to conclusions!

It's not what TRO is about though Jamie. Any racing talk needs to be nipped in the bud. 0-60 times are not important, especially on our roads.

The reason I asked was that I feel my car is having problems, it is decatted, has an engine management light for p0135. So it didnt feel quite right with people in the car. In fact it felt really sluggish. Im 13 stones btw.

Back