• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 100% motorway mpg...my results

shadylee

xbox addict
So to put a long story short it didnt work out with my gf in leeds,so im back in derby at my mums.But i have a good job in wakfield so for the past week i have been commuting.

Anyway after 99% of motorway driving at a steady 3.5k revs and 68-70mph i returned...

395 miles out of a tank (to red light).Worked out the litres into gallons and divivded that by the miles to get.

38.5MPG.

Not the best but not bad either for winter temps -1.c to 5.c.

Hope this helps the new guys who are allways asking about mpg etc,this was the motorway consuption.

:)

sorry to hear about the bird. but in good news that looks very handsome MPG you got there.

Thats a very impressive figure.

Shame you don't spend all your time on a motorway.

At the other end of the scale now the weather is colder i've averaged 25mpg so far this week on my 10 mile round trip to/from work.... :lol:

Yeah its a drag having to do the motorway thing,dont really want to work in yorkshire now we have split up so im saving "again" to cover a few months bills so i can jack and get another job in derby "again".lol

I like this job but 660 miles per week is crazy for the wage,

Rossy-Mate she was awfull to live with,really let the real her out when i made the commitment and moved everything :(
Any lads wondering if your girlfreind is too needy/insecure/crazy try this list out..

I had 90% of that list thrown at me lol

* You have to always let her know where you are
* When you''re out, you have to speak on the phone multiple times a day
* You are discouraged from keeping female friends
* She takes an active dislike of some of your friends and/or family, and feels offended that you would have them as part of your life
* She attempts to control your internet usage, or monitors your email and other online communications (Facebook, etc.)
* She shows excessive jealousy
* She has difficulty letting petty issues go, and instead insists that you both talk about them at length
* She mistrusts you and casts a suspicious eye, even if you''ve done nothing wrong
* She''s often critical of your behavior
* You find yourself often "walking on eggshells" around her
* Your friends tell you that you shouldn''t put up with her, but you feel the need to stay
* You can''t speak your mind because you''re too afraid of how she''ll react
* You''ve considered breaking up for a long time, but you don''t want to break her heart
* You feel that she may not be able to live without you, or you''ve tried to break up and she threatened drastic action (quitting her job, hurting herself, etc.

uurrgghh.

right,been looking at mondeo tdci"s and the like but its confusing me.

At the moment im returning 38mpg and 400 miles out of 50 litres and £55,then a further £20 is put in the civic to make me up to 660 miles that i do per week.

A guy who i work with says he gets 660 miles on a run out of his mondeo tdci,but his tank is 70 litres and thats £75 or maybe more to fill?

I think i am being abit thick here,but that doesent show any real saving at all? yet the mondeo can average 60mpg on the motorway?

thats what i calculated,im sure modern diesels can manage 50-55mpg on the motorway these days

thats what i calculated,im sure modern diesels can manage 50-55mpg on the motorway these days

depends on the driver, 2 drivers in the same car can get massively different figures. This guy must have a lead boot whilst driving. On my way down to JAE i managed to get 44 MPG i think it was

Not long ago my work paid a company to come and give all employees who wanted it a course on efficent driving, i always thought i was good when it came to driving efficently and after hearing some other peoples MPG before and after i was 10-20 MPG better to start with than some people in 40's-50's after they finished

Last edited by a moderator:

Big tank of a car, the modeo. Heavy. MPG Fail. :(

I used to get 72mpg out of my old 1.5dci 80 Clio. 60mpg for average driving and 53mpg if i thrashed it. :)

I think I get 28mpg in my CTR. Most of my driving is about town though.

When I had my EP2 I could get 45mpg no problem if I watched what I was doing, and let my gran pass me on the bypass in her micra :( haha!

I had 2 Civic Type S petrol ('06 and '08 plates). When driving within the law i averaged between 40 - 45mpg.

I also had a Civic 2.2 CDTi ('07 plate). Again, when being a law abiding driver, i usually got around 50 - 52mpg. Did a long 360 mile haul up to Glasgow and managed 58mpg. A great engine in my opinion and very quick.

Now in my EP3, im satisfied with challenging myself to get the most miles out of a tank of fuel. Combining some motorway and usual town driving, 'brimmed' to Red light, 360 is my record so far.

My quest continues to reach a seemingly impossible 400 !!!

Best I've ever had was 35mpg on the motorway and that was going 80-85mph most of the way... I only seem to be getting 20-25mpg now that car has been mapped :(

Worth it though I guess :D

My quest continues to reach a seemingly impossible 400 !!!

Get a KPro or K100, drive like a flower and you my squeeze the extra 40 miles out.

I used to 'drive' my EP3 once it was mapped and still pull down 300 to a tank, im sure its possible.

You do realize 50 spam posts doesn't qualify to sell via the forum as you've also got to be on here for 60 days as well as having 50 posts

Don't worry, when he gets to 49 I'm going to reset his post count to 0 anyway.

Back