• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 2007 CTR pics

I heard a rumour that the 19" wheels won't be available for the release date and will be fitted at a later date. Just a comment I heard from somebody in the know :wink:

Most of the negative views i've seen on the car forums are relating to the rear end. I personally dislike the rear end of the DC5 Integra but like the rest of it. I also thought the EP3 Civic was a strange looking beast when it first appeared but after driving it i was hooked. I reckon if the new CTR is a stunning drive the look of the rear end will not be too much of an issue. I'm certainly looking forward to a test drive next month.

Geoff. :)

Rapid 17 said:
Most of the negative views i've seen on the car forums are relating to the rear end. I personally dislike the rear end of the DC5 Integra but like the rest of it. I also thought the EP3 Civic was a strange looking beast when it first appeared but after driving it i was hooked. I reckon if the new CTR is a stunning drive the look of the rear end will not be too much of an issue. I'm certainly looking forward to a test drive next month.

Geoff. :)

Pretty much sums it up Geoff 8)

Durzel said:
Shock horror people who were invited to go see it think it's great? What a revelation! :lol:

Darren you know me, if i didn't like it then i'd say so, seeing it in the flesh changed my view of it. Anyone who's known me long enough knows that white is white and black is black as far as I concerned, if I didn't like it i'd have told Honda that as well as saying it here!

Have to back Nick up here. Seeing the car in the steel as it were makes a difference. Pictures do not do it justice. Looking at mine next to it, it just made mine look really dated.

Of course what it looks like is just a small part of the story...........

:-$

Anyway dont you have a forum to moderate Durzel :p :p :D

I saw one driving around Swindon and I have got to say it looked supurb. It just stood out from the crowd 8)

I wasn't that fussed on the rear end of the EP3 but I grew to like it and I just think the new ones the same. :!:

HASNIC said:
Durzel said:
Shock horror people who were invited to go see it think it's great? What a revelation! :lol:

Darren you know me, if i didn't like it then i'd say so, seeing it in the flesh changed my view of it. Anyone who's known me long enough knows that white is white and black is black as far as I concerned, if I didn't like it i'd have told Honda that as well as saying it here!

lmao, i have to say nick is a ruthless git.

He talks straight, no point faffing around.

TBH, i've never been a big FWD Honda fan. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't of mind an EP3/DC2/DC5 but I've only driven a EP3 once.

If i ever get my hand on that new model, I'll certainly give it a good blatting.

G said:
Anyway dont you have a forum to moderate Durzel :p :p :D

lmao! Say hello to mr Fuggles mate, Tell him darryl said hello :D

Totally agree with Darryl, this is Nick we are talking about it and I think its great he is how he is so quite interested in seeing it in the steel. I wont buy one though as I cant afford it and cant part with my ep3 :lol:

HASNIC said:
Durzel said:

Fair enough.

I just can't get over the rear end, it's enough for me to be put off of it entirely. I don't have a huge issue with the rest of the complaints that most people are levelling towards it already.

That said I don't think I could justify spending £8000+ on a trade-in for what is ostensibly the same car in a different shell with a tricker dash. I'm probably oversimplifying it but that's just my gut feeling at the moment.

I don't think I could buy a car brand new anyway, lose too much money on it as soon as you drive it away. I'll be keeping a close eye on the nearly-new market though, after I've had a test drive to convince me one way or the other.

Durzel, for my own part in brief, it is a case of the sum of the parts being more than the whole. On paper it perhaps should not be better.....but it is :D

Why, well stay tuned (need to write up a report).

Would I have it over your old 34, HELL NO. :D.

G said:
Durzel, for my own part in brief, it is a case of the sum of the parts being more than the whole. On paper it perhaps should not be better.....but it is :D

Why, well stay tuned (need to write up a report).

Would I have it over your old 34, HELL NO. :D.
Is it £8k-£9k better though, that's the $64,000 question (well, it's the £8k-£9k question really).

A lot of these reviews will be pitching the car up against what's currently out. I haven't really seen any direct comparisons with the EP3 model.

Are you really getting £8k+ worth in the new model?

(£8k is roughly I guess what it would cost someone in my position - 04 A/C CTR - to "upgrade")

Durzel said:
HASNIC said:
Durzel said:

Fair enough.

I just can't get over the rear end, it's enough for me to be put off of it entirely. I don't have a huge issue with the rest of the complaints that most people are levelling towards it already.

That said I don't think I could justify spending £8000+ on a trade-in for what is ostensibly the same car in a different shell with a tricker dash. I'm probably oversimplifying it but that's just my gut feeling at the moment.

I don't think I could buy a car brand new anyway, lose too much money on it as soon as you drive it away. I'll be keeping a close eye on the nearly-new market though, after I've had a test drive to convince me one way or the other.

had a funny comment from a customer over the weekend comparing the Civic dash and the Octavia vRS:

Customer: "the car is better equipped, just look at the dashboard"
Me: "its less equipped and that dashboard is just a more modern way to show the same information!"

The customer couldn't get his head around that statement at all! :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

MikeyG said:
Durzel said:
HASNIC said:
Durzel said:

Fair enough.

had a funny comment from a customer over the weekend comparing the Civic dash and the Octavia vRS:

Customer: "the car is better equipped, just look at the dashboard"
Me: "its less equipped and that dashboard is just a more modern way to show the same information!"

The customer couldn't get his head around that statement at all! :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

hehe, was he that stupid that it would be like taking candy from a baby?

Well I know what you mean Durzel, and Perhaps not, but how many replacement models are that much better on trade in. A more fair comparison would be is the new car £600 - £1.2k better than the EP3 when it was new?

Well for my part my EP3 in current trim (Charger removed, N/A tuned with K-Pro, header, Cat Back, AEM, uprated chassis, etc etc). Stands me for £16.995 for the car, and at least another 6k for the mods. So is the new model as tested £18k better than my car value around £23k. I'd have to say yes, by quite a large margin, well it is by any test that matters imho.

Better response (engine wise more grunt and flexibility, whatever the paper stats say), steering feel/feedback, stability, braking, sound (it sounds really cool), even quicker gear throw. room and features, push start and vtec light whilst not important are a nice touch :D (seats are at last really good) etc etc.

Of course, you know what you like m8, and you would have to drive it for yourself and see.

Back