• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

A new car to chez Hatton!

The sun was shinning today so out came the polish and the Lupos first ickle mod.

I decided to buy some red piping off eBay for the grill, just as the later Golf and Polo GTI's now come with. I think it looks great and was a doddle to do. I love it :)
Apologies for picture quality but on iPhone.

First was to remove the grill and measure up the piping NOTE:This is not my house, it's my garage, hense the dirty carpet.
IMG_0504Resized.png

I then cut small notches into the ruber pipping so that it slots round the grills plastic clips, Crude, but effective.
IMG_0505Resized.png

Now the results before,
IMG_0748Resized.png

After
IMG_0507Resized.png

IMG_0511Resized.png

A couple of close ups.
IMG_0508Resized.png

IMG_0509Resized.png

And a sneaky pic of the clean finished article
IMG_0513Resized.png

It does make the front end a lot easier to take.

I thought you were getting rid??

He is going to try to sell it on here, with no explanation of fcuked engine. Shh

The knocking noise has failed to get worse and there has been no change. Emma does little mileage and it won't go over 4k in it. So we are keeping our eye on it. She loves it so who knows.

I said that because it's failed to improve. It's half empty with me as opposed to half full.

Ben, red looks cool. Mate did it with his old Polo, nice and cheap. Metal plates next?

any update on the engine on this how many miles have you done in it?

Car being looked at in the next week or so. Still the same noise. Not getting worse or anything. Strange.

How come you ask Rossy?

don't know hatton. i was reading through threads on this section thought i would ask. i don't know anything about "piston slap" so thought it would be interesting given your experience with it how long a car can run with it for just incase i ever have to deal with anything like that.

Back