• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Ads slow ep with new parts

Ive picked up a few more parts for the car recently, my latest being a set of rota slipstreams.

P9070205.jpg

P9070206.jpg

P9070207.jpg

Ive got three polished and one brand new gunmetal with a polished lip, but im going to refurb them all satin black.

Ive also got a brand new set of abp/eibach springs that im hoping to fit this weekend :D

just found this thread, read it from front to back. nice work fella.

did you ever get pics of those brighter number plate bulbs?

Great progress Ads and of course in the best colour. Like you though I also made the error of getting facelift tail lights and will be purchasing some red ones very soon. Cant remember if its a straight swap though tbh? I think the wiring is slightly different, correct me if I'm wrong please:D

Good job mate.

Thanks mate, im aiming to get it to the same sort of spec as yours!

just found this thread, read it from front to back. nice work fella.

did you ever get pics of those brighter number plate bulbs?

I did'nt in the end dude as they kept flickering so i ended up swapping them back to the standard bulbs. The wheels are 7.5x17, im a little unsure on what tyre size to run yet though.

Great progress Ads and of course in the best colour. Like you though I also made the error of getting facelift tail lights and will be purchasing some red ones very soon. Cant remember if its a straight swap though tbh? I think the wiring is slightly different, correct me if I'm wrong please:D

Yeah its a straight swap over, the only thing when fitting facelift lights to a pre is that the reverse light holder is different so it wont fit into the lights, but its a simple job to wire them up.

Thanks for all the kind words people, i picked up some jdm mats last night too, im going to update with a load of pics at the weekend :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I lowered the car after work yesterday, it sits very well and seems to handle alot better too. I can't wait to get it all set up correctly now.

004-14.jpg

007-6.jpg

023-6.jpg

026-2.jpg

I also quickly chucked in my red jdm mats,

015-2.jpg

014-2.jpg

And i think they should look really smart with the red carpet too, i just need some red recaros to complete the look now.

011-6.jpg

does look wicked, mainly because mine is a silver pre-facelift....gives me a bench mark lol. undecided on the face lift rear lights though

Cheers boys, i cant wait to get the wheels on now.

My friends are trying to get me to paint them bronze but im really not sure.

I had a very busy weekend of refrubing the slipstreams, i wanted to do them myself as i knew id be able to pull it off and save myself a fair bit of cash in doing so, im very happy with the results.

First of all i painted on some paint stripper to get rid of the lacquer on the polished ones and the paint and lacquer on the brand new wheel.

It was nasty stuff but worked a treat,

004-15.jpg

I then had to do the brand new wheel, i really did'nt want to do it as it looked so smart,

006-12.jpg

009-8.jpg

The team working very hard lol,

030-3.jpg

I then got them all preped up and primed,

041-2.jpg

And the final results, four lovely satin black slipstreams,

060-1.jpg

062-1.jpg

Let me know what you think of them.

Back