• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

After two tanks of 95Ron....

Neily03

Professional Hippy
I can't get the average MPG above 30! :x Over the last week i've done about 280 miles of mostly motorway driving and the average is showing 29.9mpg, on V-Power it would be touching 34mpg easily..... Never thought it would make that much of a difference but i'm defo going back to V-Power for the next fill up.

Even with the current prices it'll probably still be worth it.

That is more of a difference than what i thought.

I had about the same results when I stopped using V-power, it still worked out cheaper overall to use 95 though.

Assuming V-Power is 5p more expensive. Vpower would cost 16.03p/mile, whereas 95 costs 17.47p/mile, based on your figures.

I can't be sure if it's an extra 5p though? IF someone would be so kind to confirm, I shall re calc. :)

I paid 121.9 per litre for v-power a few days ago and normal unleaded was 118.9 this morning

Interesting.

I always use V Power anyway, mainly because of the placebo effect and the fact I keep having too much money to spend.

torques per square acre. ORLY? i heard he used shell "city" diesel as an eye brow massager. makes them grow bushy and strong.

When my FN2 was delivered it had 48 mpg showing!!!!! not sure how as the guy drove it down from Birmingham, I had it back down to 21 by the end of the drive home.

I'll let you know. Anything over 20 would be a good starting point. :lol:

I reckon if you tried hard enough you could see almost see a single figure mpg lol.

Oh yeah that bloke who I bought my CTR off isnt doing well with his "twin turbo" RS4, he was moaning about mpg the other day to me. He crashed it aswell

It's worth the small premium imo.
You only have to look back a few years when the supermarket 95ron caused no end of problems with thousands of vehicles.

It's worth the small premium imo.
You only have to look back a few years when the supermarket 95ron caused no end of problems with thousands of vehicles.

My gf's mums Corsa went all funny because of Morrisons crap

I'm sure it's not that difficult; I could get single figure MPG in the R32 without too much effort. :lol:

Ar*eclown.

Bloody hell lol I knew they could be juicy if you had a heavy foot but I didnt know it could be that bad :lol:

Obviously it was nothing to do with his driving. He hit a Jag/Jag hit him so I know the damaged would have been quite bad

Back