• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Air Con Always On

Have it serviced IMO if it has ran out completely then I would have the whole lot. A local garage to me is going to charge £40

The service at CoolCarAirCon is only a tenner more than the top up so I would've probably had that done.

Sounds as though it has run out from when it was on constantly! Did you manage to get it fixed?

I not sure it was constantly on I think it was just cold outside ;) I've only just tried it again when it was hot over the weekend.

The service at CoolCarAirCon is only a tenner more than the top up so I would've probably had that done.

I've never heard of them so I cant tell you what they do but I think with a service (the one I'm getting anyway) they flush the system/check for leaks etc etc and then you drive off shivering :lol: but with a top up it is literally just a top up.

:lol: well tbh mate it's only an extra tenner, get it booked in with them. Looks pretty involved actually, not a bad job for the money. Cheaper than Honda lol.

I had the Air Con service done tonight after work and it's good news and bad news.

Good news: I drove off shivering as it's pretty cold out there at the moment too! (I should've taken a coat)

Bad news: After checking for leaks he did find one. It's at the bottom left hand side of the condenser not much but you could see to dye bubbling. (One a side note the dye was really cool you could only see it under black light;))

So my plan now is to see how long it lasts (hopefully the summer) and then decide if I need to replace it. Cheapest I've found so so is £79 so with fitting and top up it's going to be a £160+ bill I would've thought.

It's never simple is it.

nice to see it's a responsible company allowing a greenhouse gas to go into the atmosphere, by rights it should have been recovered while you fitted a new condenser.

if you can see it bubbling then i wouldn't expect it to last more than a few days if that

It is but some people are happy to put up with that for the benefits they get from the AC.

Personally, it dries my throat out if I've got A/C on for long periods. I prefer to drop the windows and listen to the exhaust, but that's just me...

Pull out the relay under the bonnet. The swap it with the Horn relay to see if the contacts have welded shut.

nice to see it's a responsible company allowing a greenhouse gas to go into the atmosphere, by rights it should have been recovered while you fitted a new condenser.

if you can see it bubbling then i wouldn't expect it to last more than a few days if that

Nuts! So it sounds like a new condenser then.

Personally, it dries my throat out if I've got A/C on for long periods. I prefer to drop the windows and listen to the exhaust, but that's just me...

I don't mind the window down around town but on the motorway at high speeds I prefer AC.

Anyone know of a where I can get a condenser for cheaper than £78?

By the sounds of it I'm going to need to replace it.

Anyone know of a where I can get a condenser for cheaper than £78?

By the sounds of it I'm going to need to replace it.

thats a good price for a new one, really can't see you getting one cheaper.
not bad to fit either once you get the bumper off, do replace the seals though on the pipes and assemble with the correct PAG oil otherwise you could find yourself doing the same again

Back