• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Alfa Romeo 156 of win

Out of interest, points 5&6 wouldn't be causing 7 would then? Excessive play under braking causes one side to dig in further?

Thats interesting point.

If i could throw a couple of hundred at it, then i'll get it done but if its not worth it then it'll get scrapped

If that is the case, then 5+6+7 would be a fairly cheap fix if you did the work yourself. eBay prices below, search with no accuracy to merely get your hopes up for our inevitable amusement. :lol:

01 - Cat - £150~
02 - Calliper - £55 or cable £13.50
03 - Hanger rubber - chump change, or if welding see 04
04 - Get any one with a MIG to weld a plate of sh*t over the rust, get him to fix 03 when you're at it.

So yeah, £300 might get you through. :D

Saying that 01 might not be cat, could be lambda. Apparently Bosch is the one to go for, not NGK.

All of a sudden I'm an expert on 156s from a quick Google, but what the hell. :D

Alfa is at a friendly garage, they are going to do a once over with the car and then get it through its MOT for me

Rossy T spec

MOT passed.

New lower suspension arm
handbrake cable
Calipers cleaned and greased
Rust repaired
I'm sure I'm missing something?

£340

MOT passed.

New lower suspension arm
handbrake cable
Calipers cleaned and greased
Rust repaired
I'm sure I'm missing something?

£340

Now mine really does have to pass :lol:

Where did the original £1500 quote come from?

Out there arse by the sounds of it.

They used an old MOT cert from a Clio to print out the emissions sheet. Then read the failures on that to add to mine.

Not going back to there, thank fook for my friendly garage.

Report them to VOSA, caaaaaaants.

Glad to hear you got it back on the road for another year. Or at least until it lunches itself in a fiery ball of Italian electrical japery. :lol:

:lol:

Itll be sold in a couple of months, hopefully to a family of dole dossers.
Fiery death and saving he government money FTW

Fcuking Alfa's!

Who had busted radiator for the sweep?

So weve bought a new radiator and was going to fit it ourselves but the way they are fitted in the car is fcuking stupid! They don't lift out, you have to drop everything from underneath.
So im left with 2 options

1. Ring a local garage and as them how much to fit it. If its under £70 then im ok with that.

2. Return the radiator and get the money back, Take the new 6 month tax out and get the money back, then scrapp the thing and hire a car for 2 weeks?

Thoughts?

I have to ask, what was going through your mind when you decided to do your daily commute, in an Alfa, with NO breakdown cover?

I have to ask, what was going through your mind when you decided to do your daily commute, in an Alfa, with NO breakdown cover?

To be honest i didn't think that id be driving it this long. I expected to have a car from Japan by April/May.

But if you look at it like this, its £180 RAC / AA for the year and it cost me £50 to get it recovered. So technically it can breakdown 2 more times before i lose out.
It won't be breaking down again.

Back