• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Alfa Romeo 156 of win

Basic AA means they would attend with a patrol van. Then if it needs towing anywhere its charged at £X per mile.

Or tow to garage.

RAC do free onward travel so that would get you home, £30 quid basic.

Just had a word with my old man and he says he would ring around the local garages that are in pushing distance to get a quote.
If its reasonable then get it fixed. If not, then take the stuff back and get a refund. Then hire a car for 2 weeks and sell the Alfa as parts and repairs.

Seems like a plan

Surely if its a from underneath job Mark, it shouldn't be too difficult to sort with a decent jack and some axle stands. Probably a couple of hours work on a Saturday morning.

Or tow to garage.

RAC do free onward travel so that would get you home, £30 quid basic.

Problem would be, I'd lose a days pay, then it would of gone to a local garage which would of been 18 miles from my house. Then the garage would of charged me £200 - 300 to fix it. Not really worth it for a cheap runabout. For a normal car, its a good idea.

Surely if its a from underneath job Mark, it shouldn't be too difficult to sort with a decent jack and some axle stands. Probably a couple of hours work on a Saturday morning.

Ive been under it tonight mate, its a fiddly pain in the a$$ job and i cant figure out how the clips undo on the pipes.. Never seen them before and cant be ar$ed to lose skin over it.

Mark, have a scout around the local area, find a gargantuan pothole and hit the f*cker with front and rear wheels at speed.

Write off expensive Italian vehicle - insurers will rape local authority for road conditions.

Mark, have a scout around the local area, find a gargantuan pothole and hit the f*cker with front and rear wheels at speed.

Write off expensive Italian vehicle - insurers will rape local authority for road conditions.

:lol:

That sounds like a plan if i could get it running. Egg in the reservoir?

Oh dear - find pothole REALLY CLOSE TO HOME and run from cold. Rad damage from potholes can be significant when broken tarmac kicks up from underneath the car. ;) :lol:

Oh dear - find pothole REALLY CLOSE TO HOME and run from cold. Rad damage from potholes can be significant when broken tarmac kicks up from underneath the car. ;) :lol:

:lol:

sinkhole4.jpg

Can a mod change the thread title please, it's horribly misleading and somone might be confused if they ended up here via a Google search.

Lol, who am I kidding? Nobody would ever juxtapose Alfa and win (again). :lol:

I hope someone does see this, they will know of all the fun times to come if they bought one.

Conclusion

Speaking to a guy who owns a garage that deal in radiators and he has said the job could cost up to £200 for labour as its more likely it will need more parts.
So the radiator has gone back and were £97 better off.

The hire car idea is a no go as the company want £188 for 2 weeks hire but £250 deposit. It's too close to the holiday to start wasting that sort of cash.

So it leaves me with option 3, borrow Sam's Evo as much as I can but on the days she needs it I'll go by train and push bike.

Back