• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Aluminium knobs.

Blasting would look nice as would anodising Griff, but I think blasting would look tired fairly quickly as you might know, fingerprints will mark the blasted ally knobs as soon as you look at them :( Unless maybe you laquer them afterwards, but it's a lot of faffing IMO

Re the knurling tool just blag the stores man that you need one for a job :lol:

Love the idea of anodising black then machining the inner bits so they're shiny :D Maybe machine a small 3mm dia recess hole and infill with red paint for an indicator dot?

Scott

Last edited by a moderator:
update of today's work.

imagesue.jpg

imagejmx.jpg

imagepns.jpg

any better?

Did anyone mention how big that gearknob looked?

Looks awesome Griffin, you should start a GB on aluminium shizzle for the CTRs. How's the cannon coming along?

WHAAAAATT? You have given up more like, get that gun powder from a shotgun shell. I can get hold of one easy, I would post you one if it wasn't so dangerous lol.

Top work Griff.

I personally think a concaved finish on the face would make them look a little more polished/less "tacky" for want of a better word.

big-concave-button-2.gif

Or maybe just a concaved finger imprint offset to the outer edge to aid turning the knob.

thanks mate :D

a concaved face would look excellent but the shaft is only 1mm from breaking through at the centre of the knobs so the walls/outer of the knobs would have to be really tall. i like the idea of the finger concave... i shall have a think of a way of doing this :)

that would look better on a flat face wouldn't it, like a stack stereo system amplifier knob. the outer could also be square and smooth which would be easier on the noggin.

this is the only image i could find of knobs with recess's in them.

OPLA-104.jpg

on my travels i found this type of knob which would be p!ss to knock up. the dot could be drilled through, add a piece of orange acetate and the knob dots can be back lit :)

3501026-volume-knob-of-an-audio-amplifier.jpg

Heater knobs look good but I take it they don't light up like the OEM ones?

Back