• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Any young CTR drivers?

I found elephant to be amongst the most competative, try them.

I'm with them and have had nothing but hassle after my accident, they don't listen and keep trying to get me to pay the excess which is £400 at a garage of their choice when I said I will use my own

sky wont insure me either and im 21! they will insure me on my glanza turbi with mods but not a standard type r!

sky wont insure me either and im 21! they will insure me on my glanza turbi with mods but not a standard type r!

Hi,

unfortunately the EP3 is still one of our most frequently claimed on vehicles. Our restrictions on these are stronger than other vehicles. Mods dont make much difference.

Ollie
Sky Insurance

a fewm companys keep saying the frequent claims that have happened they cant insure me shame im sure i`ll find somewhere

I'm 23 with 2 yrs NCB, altogether paying £840 having swapped the car on the policy being 6 months in with Churchill.

Will be looking at another company when renewal time arrives as I want to mod the car and they won't let you have mods on the car even if they were extras from the factory when the car was made until you are 25 which sucks!!!!:mad:

i tried bell under my post code and it was over two grand thought i`d try my mates postcode after and it brought it down to near a grand!!!!! its starting to get on my nerves to find insurance for a ctr, my glanza turbs is fine not a problem with all mods too

Direct line are insuring me quite well, although a little oddly.

I had 3 years named driver no claims when I got my CTR (at 21) and they quoted me about £950, but if I just started a new policy, it cost me £850!

Just shows that they basicly make it up as they go along!

I'm 20, just bought an 05 type r. 1400 with Bell in my own name with no NCB, was first quoted 2500, then added my mum and my mums friend as named drivers an the price fell! Don't mention the mods ***....

Direct line are insuring me quite well, although a little oddly.

I had 3 years named driver no claims when I got my CTR (at 21) and they quoted me about £950, but if I just started a new policy, it cost me £850!

Just shows that they basicly make it up as they go along!

Its a new customer promotion. . 10 months for price of 12

My renewal for this year was more than what i paid last year.

I'm in the same boat - I paid £660 Fully comp from Directline this last year. I was 21 with 4yrs NCB.

I'm now 22 with 5yrs NCB and they have sent a renewal which is asking for £749.

Churchill will do it for £650 Fully comp ***, so I might just switch to them. I have a feeling its part of the same company anyway, but the excesses are generally lower.

Apparently insurance has gone up across the board this year, which is a load of toss. This is the first time I've ever known insurance to go up even when nothing has changed other than gaining another yrs NCB. Defies logic really.

Looks like we are paying for all the chavscum who keep crashing with no insurance. F*%!ing arseholes...

Last edited by a moderator:
im paying £1200 with directline. 22 with one year no claims fully comp. insured in woking as londons a killer! £4000 they quoted me in london!

I'm 22 and pay £900 on my 09 plate fn2 fully comp with parent as a second driver, also had an accident in 2006. It's not worth the risk been a second driver if it's actually your car. How would you feel if worst comes to worst and you don't get paid out.

I paid £2200 fully comp on a 300zx twin turbo when i was 18, forget about the cash-- you can only spend it once, enjoy it while your still young enough!!!

I'm 21, have 1 years NCB and mine is 1300 per year with admiral, I'm registered keeper and first driver

Renewal is through, cheapest I had is £1100 with Admiral, 22 with two named drivers and one accident with no claim made.

I will probably have to pay monthly which bumps the total up by a few hundred quid, not happy

Back