• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Autoglym Aqua car wax any good?

Been thinking of getting this to go along with my other wax, as ive heard its easier to wipe on and off? Plus Halfords are doing three for the price of two on all car cleaning products.

Just wondering what peoples opinions are on this stuff?

I was thinking of buying

2 x Autoglym Aqua Wax

1 x Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection

To take advantage of the offer

What do you think? :confused:

Thanks lads, the hd wax is about £45 isnt it? - Unfortunately its a lot more than i can currently afford, (until next month that is).

Hd wax is expensive but a little goes a long way. Aqua wax works great for a quick wax as the car doesn't need to be completely dry.
I tend to hd wax every 2/3 months and use the aqua wax inbetween.

Yeah I use mine every other week at the moment as it makes the car look amazing! And it's lasted since march and it's still going strong. Lot of use in the tub. Is a real easy wax to apply as well. And comes with a microfibre cloth and to application sponges

Hd wax is expensive in halfords, can get it for more like 30. Ag extra gloss is a sealant and can be used instead of a wax, or wax may be applied on top, but sealant really does the same job so isnt completely necasary. Ag aqua wax should only really be used as a top up wax every couple car washes after the hard wax was applied, to keep beading and sheeting, keeping alot of standing water off the car, thus keeping it cleaner.

Also, I apply aqua wax on top of hd wax, and I keep the car wet after a rinse, take a damp microfiber, two sprays of aqua wax, wipe until saturated, ring out then start again. Helps drying easier and an effective application method

Also hd wax every couple weeks is only of much use up to having a few layers applied, you would then get the same results by drying with use of a quick detailer or aqua wax top up for a good few months

Aqua Wax is awesome if you just do a quick wash and don't want any water marks. I always use it.
If I want to spend 3hours plus then I use Collinite 476s instead of the HD wax as it's harder wearing.

Yeah collinite is hard wearing stuff, good for use on wheels too but can be bit of a ball ache to apply sometimes. I like to apply a soft or paste wax onto a hard wearing wax to get some hard wearing and decent wet shiney depth goodness lol

I have used Collinite before, bloody good stuff. But is a pain to buff off by hand. Can this Aqua wax and the HD wax go on top of that?

Thanks. Well I'll be buying the stuff from Halfrauds tomorrow and then next month when I have more money I'll try that HD stuff out. :)

Yes - Aqua wax is very good. I personally prefer Duragloss' version though.

I am not a fan of HD wax at all, way over priced. There are so many other waxes, cheaper, that have better results IME.

Enjoy aqua wax! Wash the car, rinse it, aqua wax it and dry..

I spray Aqua wax onto a wet car, then use to MF cloths, one to dry/half buff. The second to buff. I use it on the windscreen too, never caused me issues.

I spray Aqua wax onto a wet car, then use to MF cloths, one to dry/half buff. The second to buff. I use it on the windscreen too, never caused me issues.

Use a decent drying towel - will be quicker. It is intended to be a drying aid/wax top up.

Yuck, I hated the Aqua Wax stuff. Streaked and smeared, and left a filmy nastiness over the paint.

For NHB you need two products:

Poorboys Black Hole
3M Marine Boat Wax.

Trust me.

Back