• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Autoglym Aqua car wax any good?

MF's aren't great for drying TBH Mr eleven thousand plus posts.

In all fairness I would love to have one of those huge towels, but I don't really struggle with MFs, if I had a bigger car then I would invest in a towel.
I do hate chamois leathers with a passion though, have never been able to get the hang of them. Has to be wet to dry something....doesn't make sense to me.

And don't be a hater, all my posts have been awesome :lol:

Well nipped out today and bought two bottles of the stuff, also got some of the extra gloss protection. But with them not having any of the free 100ml bottles of shampoo left that you're supposed to get free with each bottle of Aqua Wax, they gave me a 500ml bottle of shampoo free instead. So quite happy about that. :)

Anyway got home and gave it a cost of the Aqua Wax stuff to see if it made much difference than it was yesterday after I'd cleaned it.

It looks shinier, but think I might go a bit OCD on it and give it another cost tomorrow.

Just a few pics from my iPhone (which don't do it much justice).

59f04cb1-c873-bcba.jpg

59f04cb1-c887-8af7.jpg

59f04cb1-c89a-26e6.jpg

59f04cb1-c8aa-652e.jpg

59f04cb1-c8b8-a56a.jpg

59f04cb1-c8c7-ce5b.jpg

59f04cb1-c8d4-cde1.jpg

59f04cb1-c8e4-55ec.jpg

59f04cb1-c8f3-3915.jpg

59f04cb1-c900-d0b4.jpg

59f04cb1-c911-03a9.jpg

If I can get my future mrs 'Olga Fonda' to do some poses alongside the car, then I'll be sure to post them up. (I'm generous like that). :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using my hands

Auto Glym SRP is also a worthy addition to the arsenal. Don't bother with the black labelled stuff, I found it too abrasive.

Yeah i used that yesterday when I washed the car.

Used: -

Auto Glym Shampoo

Auto Glym Super Resin Polish

Poor Boys Blackhole

Colinite

And today: -

Auto Glym Aqua Wax

Should have used EGP instead of black hole. Wax's don't bond to black hole very well.

Car looks good mate. Needs tyre black though :)

Danga stop being tight.

Thanks for the replies lads, well going to pick up some Tyre Shine this week and then try and get something to sort out and clean up the murky headlights and exhaust a bit too.

Exhaust, any old metal polish, wire wool, lots of elbow grease. Headlights, metal polish or plastx by meguires, be sure to masking tape up, then either loooooaads of elbow grease, or a drill polishing attachement, ive recently tackled both jobs, check my members garage for results and bit of how tooos

Take your headlights out to do them. Takes 10 mins to do. Then sand paper them. Plasicrx is okay but not amazing

To throw a spanner in the works, have a look at car pro reload, very easy to use and lovely finish, giving good durability.

I also picked up some rapid detailer wax by the guys that make muc off and found the results to be identical, and its around half the price as it comes in a litre bottle

Back