• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Best fuel?

I work with a lady who used to go round petrol stations doing their books and it does all come from the same place you're right.
But it's funny how supermarket fuel such as Morrisons and Tesco not so long ago f*cked up a load of cars engines nationwide with their fuel yet Shell and BP had no problems

I don't find that funny at all.

It baffles me that people actually think Tesco and other supermarkets actually make their own petrol?! :freak: :lol: The petrol from supermarkets comes from one of the big oil companies, BP, Shell etc.....

Same.

''Ferrari uses shell so dat fuel is da bestest, y0.'' F***tards

cheers bud, think i'll not bother to much now what fuel i use athough i'd still feel better using shell or bp tbh but the results are interesting

I uploaded an article than EVO ran a few years back when testing different fuels.
It's on here some where.

just found this and hmmmmm, http://www.thorneymotorsport.co.uk/tuning/Fuel_Test_Results_Update.shtml seems all deliver very similar results

I was reading this thinking that maybe I've been wrong about Tesco all along. After all Tesco is 1 mile from my house, sells 99RON and is cheaper than Shell V-Power which is 3 miles away.

Then I noticed on the right hand side of the page one of Thornley Motorsport's 'Team Partners' (read sponsors) is Tesco 99 Octaine. The test may be accurate but this has muddied the objectiveness of their results in my eyes.

ive always used bp ultimate and has had great effects on car, never tried v power as no shell garages anywhere near me

The way i understood it is originally all the supermarkets used established fuel companies for fuel, then when they got bigger they got their own refineries with the exception of Sainsburys who did a deal with BP for their fuel.

The way i understood it is originally all the supermarkets used established fuel companies for fuel, then when they got bigger they got their own refineries with the exception of Sainsburys who did a deal with BP for their fuel.

:lol:

Fancied a change recently as I'm blaming a tank filling error at my local Shell garage for my 7bhp drop in two weeks from the car being dyno tuned to the dyno day.

I've always, always filled up with V-power, but 220bhp with 98 Ron V-power replaced with 95 Ron FuelSave would explain the drop to 213 bhp -> 220 x 95/98 = 213.

It might be other things but it's in my head now so, I broke my routine and went to Tesco tonight and filled up with Momentum99. I'll see if the economy changes and report back.

Anyone else using Momentum99 or any opinions of it? It's 2p a litre cheaper than V-power and as I've mentioned, the garage is closer to my house.

Fancied a change recently as I'm blaming a tank filling error at my local Shell garage for my 7bhp drop in two weeks from the car being dyno tuned to the dyno day.

I've always, always filled up with V-power, but 220bhp with 98 Ron V-power replaced with 95 Ron FuelSave would explain the drop to 213 bhp -> 220 x 95/98 = 213.

It might be other things but it's in my head now so, I broke my routine and went to Tesco tonight and filled up with Momentum99. I'll see if the economy changes and report back.

Anyone else using Momentum99 or any opinions of it? It's 2p a litre cheaper than V-power and as I've mentioned, the garage is closer to my house.

I use Momentum now because the garage is nearer and it's also cheaper. Haven't seen any change in performance if I'm honest.

Back