• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Big Ends knocking- i got ripped off!!

Second that! Get rid of it mate. I'd never expect to have a major problem like you've had with a honda engine, alfa yes, but not a honda :D

hope you get it sorted

If all else fails.....:smt067

I know a guy who did but thats because the idiot never checked his oil lol

I think i'm gonna stick with it if i dont get it sorted out with him, and just gonna pay for a garage to completely rebuild the whole engine which will make me feel better knowing its pretty brand new everything in it then dont wanna buy another one and the same might happen, my friend did suggest a second hand engine with low miles but same there you still don't know what you're buying really do you?

I will buy from a grandad next time lol

:cuckoo:

You must be off your rocker if you are going to let it lie.

Did you HPI it?

I think you're mad, even if you sorted the engine what else is knackered on it?

Well you might be right i'm just gonna have to have a good think about it, Aint had much time too as it been new year and i've been out all weekend drowning my sorrows lol. The garage i took it to looked it over and said everything else was good on it other than the bolts to the sump being lose lol

mate, chuck that car! Its really not worth it. If you get your money back some how source a nice cared for example.

Well you might be right i'm just gonna have to have a good think about it, Aint had much time too as it been new year and i've been out all weekend drowning my sorrows lol. The garage i took it to looked it over and said everything else was good on it other than the bolts to the sump being lose lol

Get that garage to document its findings on paper and take the seller to the cleaners.

mate, chuck that car! Its really not worth it. If you get your money back some how source a nice cared for example.

Yes i will be doing that "IF" i can get my money back i will see how it goes, i will keep you all updated i will find out more tommorow because nobody has been open to speak to obviously being the holidays and that.

That car is bad news - get it back to Bradford and get your dosh back, buy another car which you are 100% happy with.

As mentioned in another post, who knows what other issues it has? :confused:

If you pulled a bird with VD would you tell her to have a shower and then mount her? No.

You now have a car with a serious illness, don't effin keep it.

I would contact the bloke you purchased it from and tell him all the problems you have with the car and ask what he is going to do for you.

Either keep the car and he pays for the repairs, id then sell it on personally.

Or give it back to him and get your money back and walk away and buy another one.

Ok guys thanks for the posts i'm off now i will update you with the news to what everyone has said and the seller thanks for the help.

get rid, chances are that car has been clocked or had a serious hard lifefor the engine to go at 50 odd k. I would be expecting my money back at very least. dont let him get away with it

I think the point these guys are trying to make is that the car must have been seriously neglected for the bottom end to need looking at by 55,000 miles.

To be honest it sounds as if the foreign butt monkey who you have bought it off has run it dry of oil or something and the big end shells and main bearings are knackered. Not to mention any premature damage or wear which may have been done to your valvetrain.

There is no way I would let this lie. When you pay good money for a performance car you want assurance that everything is in acceptable working order. It sounds as if the whole experience of your ownership has already been ruined by whatever this dodgy ******* has been up to previously. It should be an exciting time getting a new car, not a worrying one!

If I were you I'd ring the guy up and tell him what your garage has found wrong with the car and see where he stands. If he's a reputable trader he MAY actually be unaware that there was an issue, although it is unlikely. If he blows you out, ring Trading Standards on 0845 404 0506 and let them follow it up.

If you don't get anywhere with that, go back to his house an torch the place.

It's not on at all mate!
It's a risk we all take with used cars, it's a shame there are tossers like this out there!
Chances of this just being a coincidence are very very slim!
As said by others the car must have been abused and ran dry because as everybody knows hondas are generally bomb proof if looked after!
Take it back mate, I couldn't let it lie!

And I love that people here say what they are thinking, I'm looking for an ep3 at the moment and as soon as I see it's advertised in Bradford or by some of the names you lot suggest I just click off it also lol

good advice here!

I had a mate who was in the same boat as you. He bought a 05 land rover which broke down 3 weeks into owning it so he called the "trader" from autotrader and said WTF. The "trader" said take it to a local garage but not a main dealer as he didn't want to pay their rate. So my mate took it to his local who said they wouldn't touch it and sent him to a dealer who agreed to do the work just needed the paper work. He then got a call back from the dealer saying your car is reading 55k but we last serviced it at 180k and that was 2 years ago!!!! My mate went straight back with flames coming out of his face and refused to leave the guys house till either he had his money or it gets physical. He got his money and all was well.

Don't be a mug and get your ass back up to Bradford and get what's yours back!

I really feel for you dude :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Chances are that as said the bottom end went do they just banged new shells in there. If it was mine I'd search out a known good used crank, get a set of oem or acl shells and get a pro to build it for you!
You might get away with just shells and a crank or crank regrind and oversized shells
That's obviously if that prick who sold it you doesn't refund you!

This is part of the reason I won't be getting my ep from a private seller, I'm thinking of spending 10k! A car is the second biggest spend you will ever make after a house
(unless you've got a mrs like mine haha)

I would drive the car straight through his front door then chuck him the keys and walk off.

Sorry about this mate I feel for you, sounds like it has been clocked and had a very hard life hope you get it sorted out.

You could have bought mine for that ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back