• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Buddy club spec 4 question

Have a look at the sticky's at the top of this sub forum.

The search button is also your friend.

The Spec IV isn't a growl, more of a 'Parrrrrrrhhrrrrwwwwp' :lol:

My fave exhaust actually. I've had 2!

I had one on my Milano, best exhaust out there as far as i'm concerned. Nice look, subtle noise until you boot it, then sounds very good. Not too expensive either. If you get one, when you fit it, put some silicone on the springs that join the back box to the centre section, or they will drive you nuts buzzing against the pipe;)

^^ Nar the Spec IV is tame compare to them. The Spec IV is unique in the same way spoon is nothing seems to sound quite like it. I'm gettin a Legalis R next month or RM01A i'm struggling at the moment :D

^^ Nar the Spec IV is tame compare to them. The Spec IV is unique in the same way spoon is nothing seems to sound quite like it. I'm gettin a Legalis R next month or RM01A i'm struggling at the moment :D

RM01A is superb :D

:smt084

How can you say that when you are rolling with a spoon now.

Don't get me wrong mate, i love the Spoon, but because the Buddy Club was the first real mod i bought for a CTR, and it looked and sounded great, i just have a little soft spot for them, but saying that, i allways liked the understated look of the Spoon and the noise the create when your going for it, so went for a change this time;);)

Remember if you add a race header onto the Spec IV, it becomes a whole new ballgame....

does it sound good out of interest?
also may i ask what the springs are for, ive never known exhausts to have springs

does it sound good out of interest?
also may i ask what the springs are for, ive never known exhausts to have springs

The hold the slip fit sections of the exhaust together, whilst they last that is. Wrap them or use a U clamp instead is my advice.

I had one with a DC mani for 2 years. At first I loved it then at the back end hated it. Sounded like a scooby running like a bag of nails sometimes. After putting OEM exhaust back on the feels smoother & like a brand new EP3. I guess the spec 4 is cool but ran it's course.

ive allways used U clamps so i will probably use one of them. so the buddy club gets very mixed reviews, i dont know whether to get a buddy club or a piper, im stuck between the two

yeah im not sure what to make of that comment, mines going to be seven in two months lol thats old enough

just a quick question, cant seem to find any vids of the spec IV also does it look any good? £550 is a lot of money and will be a bit of let down when it turns up and i hate it lol

just a quick question, cant seem to find any vids of the spec IV also does it look any good? £550 is a lot of money and will be a bit of let down when it turns up and i hate it lol
There were a few on you tube last week. None of my work mates liked the spec 4. They all said it was too loud, sounded rough etc. It's not a bad bit of kit but there's so much better stuff out there now. I might go Spoon next. I don't like big jap can look anymore. For example spec 3's & the likes just look like a dustbin stuck out. Chavtastic.

Back