• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Cheap GruppeM copy

Does anyone do one?

And if not, why not.

I can't convince myself to spend a bloody grand on an air intake :eek:

I want a gruppeM but I ain't paying, so... are they're any copy's or Chinese GruppeP's on the shelves?

I can't seem to find any

Thanks

Dave

:eek: Who the fook quoted you that mate?
They are expensive, but £1000 is anal intrusion of the driest degree.

lol, whey they are about £850 ish from vtec direct, basically a grand.

Whoever is the first person to make a copy is gonna make a fortune.

Would anybody be willing to lend one lol?

you can have them new for around 550pounds, theres is an australian trader guy selling them, forgot his user id but he's a member on CTRO

Does anyone do one?

And if not, why not.

I can't convince myself to spend a bloody grand on an air intake :eek:

I want a gruppeM but I ain't paying, so... are they're any copy's or Chinese GruppeP's on the shelves?

I can't seem to find any

Thanks

Dave

Yes, but they don't have the scoop so a pit pointless really.

i was under the impression that they already did a copy scoop so maybe that would work, where do you get the copies from then Lee?

Ta

I haven't seen any for a while but they pop up on ebay from time to time.

They were made up for a group buy on CTRO many moons ago which tired sour.

I never saw any scoop to fit the carbon box.

buy cheap, buy twice.

Normally I would agree, electricals, metals, bodyparts etc but with an air intake!!!

I think a copy can at least match the quality for £200.

No way does it need to be £800, the only reason they sell it for that much is because people pay it.

I've read that the GruppeM's weren't the best fit anyway? (never had one so its only hear-say)

I've read that the GruppeM's weren't the best fit anyway? (never had one so its only hear-say)

The scuttle panel that comes with them doesn't match the OEM panel, but thats it tbh. Although most owners mod their OEM panel to suit.

10102008470ym8.jpg

buy cheap, buy twice.

Agree.

No way does it need to be £800, the only reason they sell it for that much is because people pay it.

Not just about covering costs of manufacture (like cheap pikey companies that just copy someone elses work) but cost of R+D and then again something called profit which keeps companies afloat so they aren't working out of some dirty mill selling at the cheapest possible prices.

18/11/2009 - Yep, communists haven't taken over the world. Making profit is still allowed.

It may have taken a month to master the design of the GruppeM. So thats staff costs for one month, Rolling Road costs, equipment, PC software for design. Molding costs, packaging. Plus general business costs (not sure if GruppeM has a patent?)

Reckon you can do it from scratch to make 100 and retail at £200 each inc UK VAT etc? Go for it!:p

Back