• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Cheap GruppeM copy

Check ebay there was a company on there advertising them for bmws not long ago not sure if they done them for hondas though

Agree.

Not just about covering costs of manufacture (like cheap pikey companies that just copy someone elses work) but cost of R+D and then again something called profit which keeps companies afloat so they aren't working out of some dirty mill selling at the cheapest possible prices.

18/11/2009 - Yep, communists haven't taken over the world. Making profit is still allowed.

It may have taken a month to master the design of the GruppeM. So thats staff costs for one month, Rolling Road costs, equipment, PC software for design. Molding costs, packaging. Plus general business costs (not sure if GruppeM has a patent?)

Reckon you can do it from scratch to make 100 and retail at £200 each inc UK VAT etc? Go for it!:p

Bazza, you are the epitome and a stalwart of consumer capitalism

I'd love to see someone try and patent a box with a filter inside

Last edited by a moderator:
10102008470ym8.jpg

That looks awful.

No where near as nice looking as the GM, although I bet it does the job just as well for a fraction of the price

I bet it doesn't. That crappy plastic will get pretty hot and won't relect the haet like the carbon. The shape looks God awful too. One of the reasons that the Gruppe M has a bulbus look (if you take it out of the enging bay and look at it from a side profile) is that this can get the maximum airflow to the K&N cone as laminar as possible, reducing inefficient turbulent flow. The only way that cheap knock off can compare to the Gruppe M in any way is where it get's it cold air flow from.

No way does it need to be £800, the only reason they sell it for that much is because people pay it.

GruppeM don't sell it for £800, the exchange rate went the wrong way for us and the price soared. If it had gone the other way and the GruppeM was now the equivalent of £250, do you think GruppeM would be making less money? GruppeM sell it for 92,000 Yen, what happens due to exchange rates is then out of their control.

We will have these out at the end of January - EP3 only for now
Price will be £290 delivered, however i feel we will have actually improved upon GruppeM

We will have optional SFS style intake pipe. Also the breather pipe will be one piece silicone, not two piece with a plastic elbow. Also a OE style scuttle - plastic NOT fibreglass

Everything will be the same - the filter, the way it all clamps together etc etc
We are doing a Mugen rep for the DC2 also

Johnny

Price will be £290 delivered, however i feel we will have actually improved upon GruppeM

We will have optional SFS style intake pipe. Also the breather pipe will be one piece silicone, not two piece with a plastic elbow. Also a OE style scuttle - plastic NOT fibreglass

Everything will be the same - the filter, the way it all clamps together etc etc

Johnny

Anything in the pipeline for an FN2 next year?

FN2 will be mid next year, but depends greatly on the uptake of the EP3 version

We hope to have a TEGIWA 250bhp bolt on package (assuming hondata) early 2010 for the EP3, which will be a £1000 saving over genuine products

Johnny

Johnny

What about DC5?

Back