• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Cheap tyres, post 'em here.

I got my set of maxxis from allnewtyres.co.uk

They are very similar to toyos but I was told these are a bit better in how they grip, also a bit cheaper too!

can't find them^

The Toyo's seem decent. T1R...?

Just for daily commute, not TRO TRACK HERO

I had the maxxis on my car and hated them, thought they lost grip in the bends and you could feel them skip trying to find some grip couldnt wait to get them off. Toyos are much better IMHO.

The maxxis do have a good lip of rubber around the edge of the alloy

Toyos are more progressive when they loose grip so you know how far you can push them, maxxis tend to keep griping right to limit and then loose grip quicker.

That's what ive found from having driven on toyos and maxxis, can't complain at the price of either!

205/45R17 88Y KUMHO KU39 XL X2 = £163.08 FITTED
205/45R17 88W TOYO PROXES T1-R = £188.96 FITTED
205/45ZR17 88W FALKEN ZIEX ZE912 XL = £172.68 FITTED
205/45R17 88W MAXXIS MAZ1 = £162.96 FITTED
205/45R17 84W BRIDGESTONE POTENZA RE040 AZ = £271.08 FITTED

Hmmm... what does the Y/W mean?

Last edited by a moderator:
W is up to 168mph

Y is up to 186mph

So W will be fine unless you plan on beating the guys in his RS5s recent record ;)

205/45/R17 is oem size

215/40/R17 will also give same tyre circumference but slightly wider contact on the floor per tyre

Oh so paying £130 for a new bridgestone fitted isnt so bad after all than.

Is the toyo t1r much different to bridgestone in performance.

I find the bridgestone tyres are pretty shiteee in the wet and t1r's claim to be amazing in the wet.

Price of bridgestone: £130 including fitting
Price of toyo t1r: £70 ebay obviously excluding fitting (local garage charge me £5 per tyre fitting)

Main priority is improving grip for the wet weather coming up, bonus is money saving.

Oh so paying £130 for a new bridgestone fitted isnt so bad after all than.

Is the toyo t1r much different to bridgestone in performance.

I find the bridgestone tyres are pretty shiteee in the wet and t1r's claim to be amazing in the wet.

Price of bridgestone: £130 including fitting
Price of toyo t1r: £70 ebay obviously excluding fitting (local garage charge me £5 per tyre fitting)

Main priority is improving grip for the wet weather coming up, bonus is money saving.

which Bridgestone are you talking about...?

Back