• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Chris' Blue FD2 Track Car

GT1's have arrived.

SfWeqeu.jpg

:)

I didn't read far back enough to check. Did/Will you fit an electric water pump. If not, why not?

Pure curiosity more than anything here, it seems like a net win other than the initial cost, faster warm-up, better handling of shutdown, better overall temp control, lower parasitic load. The only issue I can see is the problem with failure modes, but you have the same problem with a hole in hoses or rad I guess.

I didn't read far back enough to check. Did/Will you fit an electric water pump. If not, why not?

Pure curiosity more than anything here, it seems like a net win other than the initial cost, faster warm-up, better handling of shutdown, better overall temp control, lower parasitic load. The only issue I can see is the problem with failure modes, but you have the same problem with a hole in hoses or rad I guess.

Never even heard of anything like that. You in the right thread?

Never even heard of anything like that. You in the right thread?

Yes, I'm in the right thread, just figured it might be something interesting and wasn't sure if it's something you'd considered.

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that you had even mentioned it; I was more curious, given your experience and the number of different things you've done with various Hondas if it's something you'd tried or would do. Seems a "cheap" (comparatively of course) way to add a bit more power assuming the alternator could cope with the additional load. It was something I was reminded about recently as I was browsing Demon Tweeks recently and came across this: https://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/moto...g-ewp80-water-pump-digital-controller-combo-2

I can see now how the question would appear out-of-the-blue though.

Ah, thanks. I might have a look into it, however I'm usually of the belief that in things like that then OEM is better. That said, it's a 10 year old car now with over 80k miles so might be something worth considering. I just want to get the brakes and suspension all sorted which should be soon.

214f12dd1941a2c9d46d6c453d6ab4fe.heic

Notice what's missing? The joys of hardly using the car and having a flat battery. It's now in the living room on a mains charge and I have bought a solar powered trickle charger which I'll leave just out the front of the garage. Hopefully no more flat battery issues.

Yeah I bought the battery recently. I think it’s just in need of a decent charge. I don’t know how long it takes the alternator to charge the battery?

It’s been plugged in the mains now for about 3 hours and it’s still indicating below 75%.

FD2s are surprisingly easy to bump start on your own as I found out on my first evening of ownership. Still not ideal, cam chain and all that...

The battery will have warranty won't it?

The battery is fine, just needs a decent charge. Shouldn’t have any more issues now with the solar panel trickle charger.

The charger was showing the sub 75% LED all day yesterday. This morning it's showing over 90% and the little indicator on the battery itself has gone from black (recharge) to green (ok). I don't recall seeing it green before.

Battery back in now and the car starts fine (not that I would expect otherwise). I've also attached the solar panel trickle charger to it so I'm hoping that it will keep it topped up and I won't have nay more issues.

I've also noticed I have three other batteries in the garage - an old Diesel Focus one, the old FD2 one and one which I bought for the Evo about 2-3 years ago but it's got the fatter terminals on it so wasn't any use. Are they worth enough to bother selling?

Back