• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Civic Type R #2 Fn2 GT :)

Will look into that. Not essential at the moment but certainly something I'd like to sort out in the future

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Currently at EFI having it tuned. First run made around 202bhp but he said that's a genuine figure not fudged like some places.

Unfortunately can't have it tuned as the latest firmware on Hondata is locking it out and not allowing adjustment :(

Unfortunately can't have it tuned as the latest firmware on Hondata is locking it out and not allowing adjustment :(
What does this mean for you? EFI refunding you for not being able to get their act together or and giving you a discount for when they've downloaded another version?

@loxy to be honest Chris at EFI was brilliant. he never charged me a penny for nearly 3 hours worth of work trying to sort it.

it seems to be a Hondata issue with the latest Update/software, It just wouldn't read the ECU or allow changes. so he managed to find an old version which allowed changes but Hondata blocks you from loading maps onto the ECU with the old software and latest firmware on the Hondata box itself.
( the old version 2.6.6 or something like that actually finds and connects to the ECU )

he tried different laptops, re-setting the ECU by disconnecting the battery for half hour and all sorts but no look at all.

Since being home Hondata also asked me on my laptop to update to the latest version. in doing so i can no longer load the basic map or any other onto the car. and I've had no issues prior to today or since the update.

Contacted Hondata with screen shots to try and resolve it and get booked back in.

Well just registered on Hondata and in be last few hours a latest version has been released.

Notes - FN2 / Si Connection issues

That just about sums my day up :(

Well just registered on Hondata and in be last few hours a latest version has been released.

Notes - FN2 / Si Connection issues

That just about sums my day up :(

So is it sorted now then? if so i'll look at doing mine but it not I won't bother.

I only tried the latest software and it allowed me to actually make adjustments and connect to the car. Wouldn't even connect before so it must be working.

Just hope they don't play about and release another update before my next session

Keeps making me want to go ecutek. Hondata are a joke, when you download off the site it forces a beta version full of bugs.

Had a similar issue at TDi where it forced a beta version and Paul had issues with some settings on the dyno "thankfully" mine still communicated unlike the luck you had.

I like ecutek. Especially with the connect. No wires, no big box and data logging from your phone as well as map switching and 0-60 timing etc all from your phone too, it's just easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reloaded the basic map back on the car yesterday and all went well :)

Also fitted the new battery from Coxes. A little over due but glad I've done it before winter. Then I stripped down and resoldered the clock / radio display due to the common loose connections. Also sourced a mint spare just incase it goes again.

Eibach 15mm spacers all Round will be fitted tomorrow then Remap time again on the 16th

Reloaded the basic map back on the car yesterday and all went well :)

Also fitted the new battery from Coxes. A little over due but glad I've done it before winter. Then I stripped down and resoldered the clock / radio display due to the common loose connections. Also sourced a mint spare just incase it goes again.

Eibach 15mm spacers all Round will be fitted tomorrow then Remap time again on the 16th

Is it easy enough for someone to do with no soldering experience?
I can get the clock out no problem, just never needed to solder anything other than at school which my memories are very vague

Very simple mate. Literally heat up the contact and fire in some decent solder. You want the solder to be shiney and not dull if possible. Think it's to do with the flux content.

Back