• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Cnut bags!

Na I feel for you Tone, Your face when you popped in yesterday :(

I knew something was wrong :smt056

This happned to me last week but i hadn't got as far as removing the wheels yet so was all good just a bumpy landing :) two scissor jacks were minced though :mad: the best part was i was jacking it up to put the axil stands under and had just took my arm out from under it to check if it would fit yet then one of the jacks gave way and they both failed

:eek:

Makes me wonder if scissor jacks are all that in terms of quality. I know that they are for short term use only but less than ten minutes is a bit rubbish.

Hmm...left the FD2 on the scissor jack for nearly 2hrs when I had to take the wheel to have a sidewall failure replaced...erk!

Interestingly I can remove both front and rear wheels at the same time - the FD's chassis is so stiff that by the time the front is 2" clear, the rear starts lifting as well :D

Hmm...left the FD2 on the scissor jack for nearly 2hrs when I had to take the wheel to have a sidewall failure replaced...erk!

Interestingly I can remove both front and rear wheels at the same time - the FD's chassis is so stiff that by the time the front is 2" clear, the rear starts lifting as well :D

ep is the same :p

His EP3 is pretty tired, to be fair.

I've had it happen before on other cars, it was more the fact that there was practically zero sag that amazed me, front and back were pretty much level.

I can on my DC5 too... :twisted: Both wheels come off the ground together!

I always use a trolley jack with axle stands now, made a similar mistake with one of my old cars with a scissor jack! :(

DSC00110.jpg

Good find. :lol:

Where did you source them sweetpea?

ITR-DC5.com. Chap on there has recently bought and aftermarket bodykit and is selling the OEM stuff.

Very reasonable price. :twisted:

They are in CW too so won't need to be resprayed.

ITR-DC5.com. Chap on there has recently bought and aftermarket bodykit and is selling the OEM stuff.

Very reasonable price. :twisted:

They are in CW too so won't need to be resprayed.

Touch :D .

Back