• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Cosmic Grey EP3 Honda Machine - Project minty mint OEM

Little update, got some pics of the new cam cover.

Old:

R0019002_zpsf169d28c.jpg

New:

R0019003_zpsc2c06f33.jpg

Also gave the roof and front a machine polish the weekend. It's starting to look excellent. Unfortunately it got dark and the weather was HORRIBLE today so will try for pics next weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks fellas :)

Ordered some ad08's for it but they're out of stock until end of jan arrrrgh! So will have to wait. On the meantime I think I need a new tps so will try and sort this over the Xmas break.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Fella.

Few more updates. Finally got around to taking some better photo's.

I got new mats a while back and have mainly been cleaning the car to within an inch of it's life. It's looking lovely now :) Machine polished it and waxed it this week. Few more things to come, I have ordered a full set of Yoko AD08's. I thought I may as well! Good tyres make a huge difference and transform the car. The Paradas are nice but a bit slippy in the wet, in fact very slippy. Also the non matching rears are messing with my OCD! :-|

I also ordered some new oil, filter, magnetic sump plug and replacement intake pipe this week along with a few bolts to tidy/sort the bay a bit more. Will try and give it service if the bits arrive before I go back to work. Also need to sort the hesitation which I believe to be the TPS but haven't figured how to approach it yet (buy a new TB with one fitted or a replacement TPS alone and attempt DIY calibration, which I find somewhat daunting).

Here are the photo's anyway.

New mats:

R0019015_zps61568584.jpg

Cleaned:

R0019018_zps8d1b75fb.jpg

R0019020_zpse5cc6838.jpg

R0019021_zps30d23296.jpg

R0019023_zpsc14a8c8e.jpg

Clay barred then polish and waxed inside the door shuts:

R0019026_zpseacb18d4.jpg

Quick overall shot with the beast in the background (Rallye) - needs some love!

R0019029_zps8d019ba6.jpg

Bay cleaned up a bit:

R0019033_zps92853134.jpg

R0019027_zps1dddf05e.jpg

Spent AGES clay barring the skirts and removing all the tar - what a b*stard of a job that was. Look so much better now though. Non matching rear tyre ruins this photo for me though! :D

R0019037_zpsdfbad67b.jpg

So the car is gradually coming together and I am pleased so far.

List of bits i'd like:

Progress Rear ARB
Camber Bolts
Adjustable Rear Camber Arms

Bits I need:
New front light
New discs all round
TPS/New TB

That's all for now.

Thanks pal. I do like the grey alright. Also like the shape of the car it's very pleasurable to clean given the lines of the car.

Great job bud, I'm loving the amount of love and care/OCD you are givin your car, I agree with you I really enjoyed cleaning my civic when I had i, hopefully get another one in the new year kind of missing it haha

Bit of an update. Bought a few service bits for the car, and a few small parts to replace also. Wanted to change the oil, fit a new filter, fit a magnetic sump plug, and swap out my intake pipe as it was splitting (although not as bad as I thought) and fit a new OEM battery tie and bolts. I removed the old one previously and sanded it and painted it but wasn't happy with the finish.

Had a go at this today. In between being talked to by all the neighbors (some old people crashed into the building I live in and nearly took the entire lot down but that's another story) and the rain, I managed to get it all done. Absolute SH*TTY day today, and it started to rain literally as soon as I had undone the sump plug!

Not too bad a job, although getting to the filter and taking it off without it pouring all over the CV and the sub frame was nigh on impossible, and this turned out to be an arse so had to degrease it all and clean it down afterwards. I had thought of a cunning method to cut an old container and scooch it in under the filter but the space was too tight so I just undid it and hoped for the best - oil everywhere haha...still, got it all cleaned up and the new one fitted no problem.

Also changed the battery tie down and intake pipe, however, the intake pipe wasnt' really that split but it would have gone eventually so I guess it needed to be changed. Gearbox oil should be quite fresh as the previous owner told me he changed it when the new clutch was fitted. Next month I will fit new OEM Honda Spark Plugs and also swap out the cabin pollen filters. Also my new Yokohama AD08 tyres should arrive end of the month so looking forward to getting those fitted and sticking to the road a bit better!

Here are the shots anyway from the days work:

Parts:

R0019039_zps5aa4416d.jpg

Oil defo needed a change - look at this gloopy muck!

R0019040_zps46e78350.jpg

Mileage at this oil change - want to record this for whenever (if) I decide to sell so any prospective new owner can see that it's been well maintained:

R0019041_zps8cefe560.jpg

Old battery tie down plate:

R0019043_zps5a251877.jpg

Old vrs new:

R0019044_zps4891a029.jpg

R0019042_zpsd9ead405.jpg

Old vrs new intake pipe:

R0019045_zpse05665b9.jpg

Split in the old pipe:

R0019046_zps7f01cec0.jpg

That's it for now. Will get some more photo's once the weather improves and the light is there (got dark again too early - I hate the winter!)

Lewis

Last edited by a moderator:
I love this project!:twisted: Mint car mate..congratulations for your work!;) did you sort the oil leak in the rear of the engine?

Thanks pal :)

Not yet, although I have cleaned up the whole area to see where it's coming from. It's not leaking a lot so hard to see where it's coming from currently! I will keep an eye on it as I didn't want to spend money needlessly where possible, then replace the necessary part when I discover where it's leaking. Gonna try and get under it at the weekend again so will have another look then. Also plan to change the spark plugs and gearbox oil too, and pollen filter. So basically full service, that way I will be happy in the knowledge knowing that she's good to go for a while yet.

Great thread man, Love the clean OEM restore, shows the simple things make a huge difference. Im going to change out the majority of my bolts too

Thank you mate :) It's nice to get compliments on the work too! The bay is looking great now I have to say. Ok I have spent some dosh on it, but now it's just a case of maintaining it to a good standard. I would like a Mugen airbox as that can almost be said to be OEM, but need to find a good condition used one for a sensible price. There are many about, but the brackets are broken, scratched up etc and most people still ask £250 - £400!!

Next up will be OEM Honda Spark plugs and a gearbox oil change I think.

Back