• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Cosmic Grey EP3 Honda Machine - Project minty mint OEM

Thanks boys :)

Roberto - absolutely no louder than standard in afraid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks great Lewis:)

I think your Mugen sticker is slightly smaller than mine, I prefer yours!.

Thanks dude:) she's getting there now! Still want an Integra though!

Roberto - again it's difficult to say, as I did not notice an increase in performance through normal driving.
The car performed well with the filter although it was not possible to physically notice it if that makes sense. I imagine if it was measured on a rolling road you'd see an increase. I've had a few cars over the years and modded them. I honestly think anyone who says you can feel the difference with just a filter fitted is just experiencing the 'placebo effect'. With further mods such as full manifold and exhaust system, possibly, but again the gains are so minimal it would still be difficult to notice. On high power turbo cars you'd feel the increase more as it's easier to release power with these mods, but on n/a it's more difficult to extract these increases. To be honest I don't 'feel' any difference between the k&n filter in the OEM box with hondata mod, and the mugen airbox, it just sounds much nicer on vtec with the mugen.

Do you have the part number for the bonnet catch bolts please Lewis?
I've noticed mine are poor too after seeing yours..

I'll have a look for you dude. Lings honda do list all the parts by diagram if you want to have a nosey in the meantime. It's quite a handy site!

Lovely Car mate, attention to detail is awesome

Thanks dude :)

Sorry bud, I'm being lazy :)

Lol, lazy bugger! :D I think it's part 31 in this photo:

B__5101.jpg

Link to the parts page where you can buy them is here (I am so good to you lol!)

http://www.lingshondaparts.com/hond...ck_01=17S5T501&block_02=B__5101&block_03=9812

Few more updates this weekend. Tired tonight! Worked on the Civic for a good few hours then the Rallye too. I bought a used headlight two weeks ago for the Honda, as my drivers one was misted up really badly and it let the car down. Fitting it turned out to be an arse, as the bumper has to come off to access the bolts that hold it in place. I couldn't figure out how the bumper came off at first, as I was expecting some bolts on the wing as per my Saxo/106 bumpers. Ended up having to watch a youtube video halfway through to realise that there a few bolts around the base and the the whole thing just pulls off! It's kind of clipped into plastic brackets. Only had to prise the left side off then I was able to undo the bolts holding the light on/in. Eventually got it fitted up, but it was looking a bit tired and haggard, so I ended up using my rotary polisher to go over both lights using all three grades of polish. They look brand new now it's awesome. Really refreshed the front of the car so i'm pleased! I will get some better daylight photo's tomorrow, but here are some of the work in progress (albeit not many as I was quite in the zone when doing the work)!

Light out:

R0019249_zps2b949932.jpg

Bit of a snakes wedding behind the light - I was quite surprised how many lamps there are inside the light itself!

R0019250_zpsc157fc52.jpg

Old haggard light removed (halleluiah!)

R0019251_zps803939d7.jpg

New (second hand) light:

R0019252_zps67a26faf.jpg

Masked off halfway through polishing:

R0019255_zpsaedf6bc2.jpg

And the other one, got polish everywhere though - schoolboy error but nevermind!

R0019253_zpsabe887b6.jpg

C'est complete - looking good!

R0019256_zpsdbad1439.jpg

Lewis

Good job Lewis, they look factory fresh. Make sure you seal those headlights after polishing or they'll go misty.

I had my headlight out recently too, I also couldn't believe how many wires go into it! Shame you didn't look in the how to section, I put up a tutorial on removing the bumper at the beginning of the month. I took me quite a while to figure out where all the fasteners were too!

Ah now he tells me! :D yea it's easy when you know how, but initially I was thinking to myself "WTF how does it unbolt!?"

The lights make a big difference to the front end, gonna try and give it a wash tonight and get it all clean it will look sweet :)

Thanks dude. It has made the front end look a lot better. Amazing the differences all these small changes make to the overall appearance of the car.

I was looking at wheels, probably won't buy any but would love some black enkei rpf1's shod with yoko tyres, but that's the best part of £1600 so probably out of the question. Goes against the minty OEM look of course too! Also with wheels would have to come lowering and it's just more money. Must focus on the rallye too!

Thanks dude.

I have a few more small updates but haven't gotten round to updating this so will do tonight.

Iv got a cosmic and like you I am keeping it OEM. Few bits I want to do to it. Thinking of the getting the alloys refurbed and at the same time get them painted in a acrinite/ gun metal grey. I think this will give a nice touch to an oem ctr. Also to get the windows tinted that's about it. Did your car already have tints?

Thanks fella. Yes it already had the tints although I'm not convinced I like them but have kept them just because they're there and have been done well.

I also considered getting the wheels done and a slight hint of grey to set them off a bit - great minds think alike! It's about £250 for that though...

Back