• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Cost to repair or is it a write off?

I just wanted offer my condolences. My missus just said she would leave me for a week if that happened to mine as I would be unbearable to live with. Tough luck but it's good that you are ok. Start saving for 2015 dude. The new type r will be out then :)

:(

Silver lining I suppose is you can buy it back and get it repaired at a place you trust.

It'll always have that cat marker on it though, so will be worth less when you sell it on.

That's the thing though, it's a 55 plate, and I doubt I'd of got rid of it for a few more years anyway, so by the time I would of gotten rid of it, the value cat marker would of reduced it by, probably wouldn't of made much difference (I'm guessing)?

Oh and the Insurance company did get back to me, finally.

They have made an offer of £5690
Minus excess of £250

To buy it back I would have to pay £1707.00

Which would leave me with a cheque for £3733.00

The parts list as quoted by the accident recovery / repairers is as follows: -

Front bumper: - £238.91
L/F Out bumper bracket: - £10.87
R/F Out bumper bracket: - £10.87
Lower front spoiler: - £63.59
Grille badge: - £23.54
R/F Headlamp: - £94.51
R/F Wing: - £118.74
R / Wheelhouse shell: - £29.98
R/F Upp crossmember: - £84.93
Rear Bumper: - £247.19
R/R Lamp: - £50.63
R/R wing: - £254.21
R/R Wdw vert seal: - £27.84
R/qtr glass bond kit: - £32.73
R/lower control arm: - £155.23
R/F Tyre: - £147.48
R/Tie rod: - £101.75
LWR protection panel: - £60.10
Sound pad x1: - £4.00
Sundry parts: - £35.14

Charges: -
Car care kit: - £3.50
E.P.A charge: - £7.50

Costs: -
Labour: - £1,109.20
Paint and materials: - £674.74
Parts: - £1,792.24
Charges: - £11.00

Total: - £3,587.18
V.A.T: - £717.44

Grand Total: - £4,304.62

Thats just the list of the parts etc.

I have the list of work required too, but havnt got time to type that out right now.

Been looking for them parts online / elsewhere, and I am finding it easy to find them much cheaper than the prices quoted.

For the hassle, I would just get another...

Yeah, its a shame, I've been leaning to that idea. Although somebody who works at the Renault bodyshop has suggested doing all the work for £2k, not sure what to do now that's been said.

Trust me, it's a gamble getting that repaired, any slight knock heard and you will be paranoid, I wouldn't fancy driving an EP3 which has been repaired to that extent with any real enthusiasm as I'd be worried sick about something failing.

Cut your losses, remember it as a good car and go and source another one (There are LOADS to choose from)

I'm with Dotty on this one. Take the insurance money and get another, or put the cash towards a DC5. That isn't a bad offer for the first one either, may be worth rejecting it and you should see a rise on the second one.

Yeah try for 6k and see what they say. And as dotty said, get one that your geek safe to drive at the limit.

I'd repair if it was mine. Won't cost THAT much and then you have your car and not some other pup which you don't know the history of... Depends if you still want an EP3 or if it's time for something new...

The fact that the repair place has quoted for a new q-panel plus labour for stripping the car for the panel has probably tipped the estimate over the edge.

The damage on the q-panel is a repair all day long, the headlamp panel will need a repair to it also.

As you said in your first post you don't really want to get rid of the car so I'd collect the parts cheaper myself and get a few estimates from reputable bodyshops near you, but then again can you really do without your car while its getting done this way

I'd repair if it was mine. Won't cost THAT much and then you have your car and not some other pup which you don't know the history of... Depends if you still want an EP3 or if it's time for something new...

Cars been looked at yesterday and today by a mechanic, body work guy and a sprayer. Who work fro Renault Manchester.
Anyway, they have said they will do it for £1000 all in, providing I buy the following parts: -

Front light
Rear light
Grill
Drivers side wing.

After reading all your comments, I was very close to just getting rid and starting again, but like Hazz said, I won;t know the history etc. Most damage seems superficial so just bit the bullet and thought sod it why not.

However I am having difficulty getting hold of a wing, grill and front light without paying ridiculous prices direct from Honda.

I have just bought a rear light for £57 from Honda on ebay. But the other bits are a lot more expensive.

Anybody on here got any parts?

Also with regards to the front and rear bumper, they have said they can be repaired, but I would be probably best buying new.

Search for Sport as well as Type R for the headlight, wing and grill. They are the same parts on the EP2. You'd just need the badges for the grill.

Good stuff mate.

There's plenty body parts for EP3's on the bay, but if you want to buy a non-honda front wing they are a perfect fit in my experience not like other manufacturers.

I work for a car insurance company depending who you are with most companies account for 9 or more years and a few do maximum of 5 either way you'll drop 2 years so down to 3 or down to 7. 90% sure it will be 7 in all honesty after losing 2 years NCB. It looks like a write off as I think they price parts from Honda then approved repairer sprays it which is where it doesn't cost them much.
Like a previous member said anything from £3k - £5k. But you can negotiate. Look for the same car same mileage within a 80 mile radius or something and say no im not accepting that amount I'm able to find one for that price within so many miles. Lowest I'm sorta seeing is X amount then if they minus the excess. Marked as a CAT C or D which some company's won't accept so be careful to rear there acceptance criteria after but will be okay to remain on cover with the current company not making any inpact on a additional premium. Come renewal 99% sure will be sky high. On the basis of setting up a new policy on renewal you'll have to shop else where to find a good price and if you are within the Manchester area expect to possibly see a £100 + in addition to last year as it will be noted as a Fault Claim. Will remain on your claims history for 5 years but will only effect you really for 2/3 years unless you have another making it look like your a continuous driver who has accidents who more then likely may cost them money.

Good Luck :thumbup:

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy S3

Back