• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Cost to repair or is it a write off?

I work for a car insurance company depending who you are with most companies account for 9 or more years and a few do maximum of 5 either way you'll drop 2 years so down to 3 or down to 7. 90% sure it will be 7 in all honesty after losing 2 years NCB. It looks like a write off as I think they price parts from Honda then approved repairer sprays it which is where it doesn't cost them much.
Like a previous member said anything from £3k - £5k. But you can negotiate. Look for the same car same mileage within a 80 mile radius or something and say no im not accepting that amount I'm able to find one for that price within so many miles. Lowest I'm sorta seeing is X amount then if they minus the excess. Marked as a CAT C or D which some company's won't accept so be careful to rear there acceptance criteria after but will be okay to remain on cover with the current company not making any inpact on a additional premium. Come renewal 99% sure will be sky high. On the basis of setting up a new policy on renewal you'll have to shop else where to find a good price and if you are within the Manchester area expect to possibly see a £100 + in addition to last year as it will be noted as a Fault Claim. Will remain on your claims history for 5 years but will only effect you really for 2/3 years unless you have another making it look like your a continuous driver who has accidents who more then likely may cost them money.

Good Luck :thumbup:

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy S3

Thanks very much for that info mate.

Im
Insured with Chris Knott, who are the broker for Highway Insurance.
They paid out, and classed it as a cat D write off due to the amount of work needed doing.
However, as it's mostly all superficial, wing, lights etc. I've had a few people look at it, and like I mentioned in my last post I'm now going to get it repaired.
Do you think they will increase the premium by much then considering I've got like 12 years no claims and have protected no claims too?

Thanks again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im
They paid out, and classed it as a cat D write off due to the amount of work needed doing.
However, as it's mostly all superficial, wing, lights etc. I've had a few people look at it, and like I mentioned in my last post I'm now going to get it repaired.
Do you think they will increase the premium by much then considering I've got like 12 years no claims and have protected no claims too?

Thanks again

Manchester Ares yes. It's normal on renewals to always increase as a lot of people don't have time to check or look and think they will be cheaper. Genually look online and find cheaper they should price match. A fault claim in the same year as your renewal is due will be sky high. Go on a comparison website when your free and do an enquiry due to start today as thats worst price to give you an idea.

Bit of advice buy your insurance like 2 weeks in advance as you get discount and save a few quid I tell you then leaving last minute. The longer you've owned the vehicle thw cheapee it gets and so on. Could inform you every little trick in the book. :D

Just remember to check the company's Acceptance Criteria to make sure they cover category vehicles.

Words of advice as its a Cat D prob lose 40% of it value so don't go worrying about buying parts new or spot on. Get anything you can as cheap as you can.

Hope this helps bud

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy S3

Im

Thanks again

You're insane for repairing it but good luck.

You're insane for repairing it but good luck.

Thanks mate.

I was thinking that. But with it being a fairly old car now. (About seven years), and wouldnt be worth much in a few years anyway (If I ever sold it). I thought I may as well just get the body panels fixed for what its worth. The people I know are fixing it for a good price I thought.

Its been checked out mechanically etc, the only damage being a steering control arm and tyre. The rest is bodywork.

Only problem I'm having is getting a grill, wing and front head light. (I've found them for full price, but been after buying second hand).

Ok mate thanks.

I'm having no luck getting hold of a facelift grill, unless I buy new which I've been quoted around £130

I was thinking, would it be better to get one of those replica Mugen Grills instead?

There's one on CTRO going for £20, needs a new red H but it's ok to put your car back together with at least.

There's one on CTRO going for £20, needs a new red H but it's ok to put your car back together with at least.

Thanks for that, I had a look and unfortunately it's for a pre-facelift.

Ended up buying a Nightracer Mugen replica from FleaBay.

So far the car is alright, its cost me the following parts, as the guy whos working on it, wasnt happy with the right suspension leg, so had to buy that, and a few other bits.

So far,

Mugen grill: - £75.00

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271099469908?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Drivers side wishbone, hub and suspension: - £90.00 (I collected it)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190789028235?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Drivers side wing: - £95.00 delivered

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261152809596?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Drivers side headlight: - £56.00 delivered

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290852693336?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Drivers side rear light: - £58.00 delivered.

Apparently, it also needed a new subframe, managed to get one of those for £50 delivered. But the mechanic paid for that, out of the money hes been given to do all the work, body work and respray. Which is £1000.

So all in all,

The car has cost, roughly £1700 to buy back from the insurance.

and £374.00 in parts.

A £1000 in labour, body repairs, paint etc etc

Total cost: - £3074.00

Is it worth it is the question though?

£1700? Couldnt you make more than that in parts? Recaro Seats, Wheels, low Mileage K20 + Gear box?

I'd buy it and transfer it all into an EG :p

I think it's worth it, you've kept your car which was a low miler and pretty good nick and you've saved an EP3 from either the scrap yard or a cheapo botch repair.

Back