• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

CRZ GT

RickHondaR

R-32840
Well around 5 years and a half ago we part chopped my 2nd and last diesel experience for a 5 month old 500mile CRZ sport and I have to say this was one of the best cars we ever owned and yes that list did include a EP3, Well sadly when Lewis was born in Dec 2011 we quickly realised the CRZ would have to go so we part chopped this for something sensible and purchased a 2009 FN2 with 9k on the clock. We found the FN2 to be really child friendly and was no hassle at all due to the big doors and how far forward the seats move but the ride was very poor and to be fair was the final nail in the coffin when we ordered a brand new Civic Tourer SR in April 2014. Do we miss the FN2? to be honest no not at all but the time has come for us to acquire a second car as I will use this for work and ill be paid for my mileage which to be honest will only be around 5-8k a year max. We decided straight away on a 2012 CRZ GT with only 6340miles on the clock and used approved Honda which comes with a full 1 year warranty. We contacted the dealer Saturday morning around 11am and agreed a price and paid a deposit then at around 2pm we were in Birmingham to collect the car. I have to say the car is mint apart from a couple of paint scabs on the front alloys that I am currently hoping will be swapped under anti corrosion warranty which expired when the car was three years old in June but with the mileage my local dealer is confident they should get Honda UK to do something. The drive home was fantastic and have to say I forgot how good these are as it drives like a go cart and yes IMO better to drive than a FN2 on public roads but obviously does lack the power of a R but is a lot better all rounder providing you can live with a 2 seater, having said that about a 2 seater on Sunday we was just been knocking around local so we decided to see how Lewis would fit on the back seat and to fair I did not expect much. I have to say on a booster cushion he fits really well and the passenger has half decent legroom but you don't want a 6ft passenger, and the simple fact is if Lewis ever does go in the back of the CRZ it will only be for local runs and not very often but was surprised that he fitted well. I have fitted footwell lights to work when you open and close your doors plus with your side / headlight, puddle lights under the doors and LED boot lighting. I have non slip matting to cut and fit in the compartments to stop rattles when it arrives other than that I want to paint the brake callipers and get the 2 front alloys swapped under warranty and a boot carpet mat.
P1010563_zps19dk27il.jpg
P1010564_zpsroggfena.jpg
P1010565_zps7pjwoutj.jpg
P1010566_zpsstez56tw.jpg
P1010567_zpskuuphzef.jpg
P1010569_zps8wzecyfi.jpg
P1010568_zps6j0ydk3u.jpg

Looks awesome! Those foot-well lights aren't half bright! Is this the model with the boost button?

Yes the lights are bright as they are my newer 300% brighter kits that is all I sell now, this is a pre face lift model as I found a similar face lift car with the boost button and more power was around £3k for the same car plus the fact apart from the boost button package I prefer the pre face lift that we bought which was also better value as the face lift seem very rare

Nice mate, I also have a CRZ and also love it, the handling is great.

Not keen on them chrome inner handles though!

+1 for the tree

The tree was a single shoot in DEC 2010 when we had the -20 and 2ft of snow it died, I cut the stump back and we had 7 shoots from this around 6 months later. 5 of the shoots survived but last year I removed 2 of them and then last week I cut another one out just to leave 2. To be fair once it gets higher it will be no where near the car so hopefully I will leave this at 2 shoots. Mind you I prefer the car to the tree and the CRZ is road bound where as the tourer sits on the drive but we do live in a dead end so it is very quite and have also have 4 x CCTV cameras covering what is important.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice Rick. :)
Best colour etc etc

^Joe will agree

Thats 3 of us with white ones. :lol:

Getting there as I have now fitted my K&N drop in panel filter, stuck on new number plates, ordered genuine Honda boot lay in carpet and touch up pen for when the stone chips start, still awaiting the outcome of the 2 alloy wheels from Honda but was advised this will take a few days, want to get a window tint sun strip fitted and replace the rear view mirror for one with a built in dash cam and still have callipers to paint etc which I might do Saturday or it will be in a few weeks weather permitting

I've got the K&N Panel.
Have cleaned it twice, and it comes up just like new.

Not a lot louder or more performance than the OEM one. But a bit.

I tend to get better MPG with the OEM Honda when I pop it back in during cleaning (I usually leave the K&N out for a week or two)
Only 1 or 2 mpg.
My best average over a tankful this year is 55.34mpg over 381 miles
Best ever 58.93mpg over 438 miles (though this was on the 16" rims)

Single run over 25 miles or so I have managed to get over 70mpg :lol:

on the last one we got 60mpg easy but to be fair we sold it before it was run in (sold at 9k) and this one has only done 6k but already had 58mpg on one run and averaged 49.9mpg over the week so far ;)

I always thought you had a GT spec James to be fair so was shocked to notice you have the sport. mind you I would buy a sport again but with buying this for work I really wanted the built in bluetooth and the wife said we must have heated seats so it had to be a GT

I've got the upgrade 17" alloys though Rick. :cool:
The standard rims always looked too small

And I have the leather and bluetooth., so only things I am missing is the xenons and the pano roof.

That said I also would have a GT but it would have to have the Electras.

What does the GT have over the standard one?

Power train etc they are all the same but spec wise your best to avoid the S as for the little extra you pay the sport is so much better spec while the GT does not have much over the sport apart from glass roof, hid headlight, front fogs, leather heated seats and blue tooth.

James, what size tyres are fitted to your electra alloys and how is the ride compared to the 16" rims? I am looking at possibly 215/45/17 http://www.amazon.co.uk/Goodyear-Ea...1442134332&sr=8-1&keywords=goodyear+215+45+17 or maybe 215/40/17 http://www.amazon.co.uk/Goodyear-Ea...1442134332&sr=8-1&keywords=goodyear+215+45+17 but would need to find some nice 17" alloys I like first and at the moment I am to wounded to go out and buy all this new but do like the look of these if I did http://www.coxmotorparts.co.uk/genuine-honda-civic-17-radium-alloy-wheel-p-1314.html but with the cost sensible head on I guess a set of Civic Type S alloys would be a better and cheaper buy if I found a good set at the right money

205/45 R17 88W

Ride is firmer due to reinforced sidewalls, lower profile + width
Handling feels better
Not much bumpier to be fair on poor roads.

Economy suffers a bit, but only by 1-2mpg on the whole. Taken as a 12month avg on 17" vs a 12 month avg on 16"

Last edited by a moderator:
Back