• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

CTR @ 20

Rcb

With the credit crunch n all that, as im sure you're all aware, the prices of ep3s have dropped dramatically!

I wish to take full advantage of this...however the circumstances for insurance are:

20 yrs old
license for 3 years
1 years ncb
no points no claims
good postcode area

I know there have been many posts similar to this so don't tell me to search as I have done!

I remember a few years ago there used to be someone around my age with an S2k? Would be interesting to see who you are with if you insure your type r for less than 2k at my age!

Cheers!

I wouldn't think under 2k would be much of a problem. I was only 750 ish (can't remember exactly) when i was 21 with 2 years no claims and 6 points. That was with admiral.

I also have a mate who insured one at 19 for £1400. Can't remember who he was with though.

Im 20 3years driving
2year no claims
1 claim(write off 2month after passing test)
0 points
mines is £1350 with bell and im 3rd party on any other car that is fully comp :)
Yes its expensive but i got the car for a bargin so didnt think about the insurance or road tax costs lol

nic to see you RCB.

give chris knotts a call, the insured me at 20 in a CTR. was about 1800.

The time has come..insurance on my MR2 is up at the weekend..where has the last year gone I really couldn't tell you...

Anyway...been looking about, I want a 55 reg premier in red or black and I think 8k is the going price for a good one?

Ive now done quotes on confused.com, tesco, bell, admiral and tesco and they either wont insure me or quote over £2500...I live in a good area with little/no crime aswell :smt047

Gocompare.com works out cheaper than confused for me, although my insurance has still risen to £340 this year :mad:

Admiral, make sure you add two woman who have 15+ years driving experience, and drive another car reguarly.

Mine is £700ish. I'm 21, 3.5 years driving, 1 ncb

Put my mom on who is over 50 with 30 years driving exp full ncb with my nextdoor neighbour who has same background as my mom and it came to 2250 with admiral, they having a giraffe :lol:

I have read a couple of good posts about these guys:

27 years old
1 claim
2 years no claims
5,000 miles year
garaged

Lifsure gave me a renewal quote of £1,531. Spoke to Sky and they did a lot better.

But an an amazing quote from Tim @ Tett Hamilton who came up with £775
icon_eek.gif

Phone up and ask for Tim , and tell him your heard about him from this forum.

Tett Hamilton
Royal Oak House
45-47 High Street
Bristol, BS48 1AW
Phone: 01275 856618
Fax: 01275 856603

That is on a DC5.

Just tried elephant..they're scam artists..quoted me £2600

cheers for that dotty will try ringing up some companies now.

I want a 55 reg premier in red or black and I think 8k is the going price for a good one?

:( Is that really what they are going for now.

Spend all day ringing the ad's in the back of Max Power and the like.

I used to spend hours giving my details and stuff plus playing them off eachother, used to save 100's. Saved over £300 one year on my 106 GTi!!

20 with a CTR my cut out alot of the cheaper company's though.

Adrian flux say £4500, sky insurance said not until I'm 21 :( running out of ideas apart from buy a banger to save money till my 21st :confused:

that sucks rcb. elephant, whilst probably providing the shittest level of cover have always been the most outragously cheap company for me.

im with flux but they want you to have owned the car for a year so thats a no go. if you realy want the car you will have to pay the insurance i paid over 2 grand last year

Back