• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Danga's Satin CTR "Bullet"

i just got to the juction saw you and thought, i know that civic and then saw you do a double take. the wheels need a clean up close they are getting dirty, yours looked lovely

Not really an interesting update, had the car serviced yesterday and Honda kindly washed it. Probably to make me feel better about the fact that they have been uber picky about the car, the list:
Rear wiper split
Clutch fluid dark and murky
Aux belt looking worn and discoloured
Battery failed test (it has done there ever since I've had it and never had any issues :lol: )
Slight play in front shock absorbers
Slight play in NSR and OSF droplinks
Play in inner steering joints, possible rack
Advise NSR drop link
Advise NS shock absorber
Front tyre valves perishing

So when we fit the condenser and the reciever dryer, I'm also going to do transmission fluid, clutch fluid, new wipers all round, new air filter and inspect what they recommend (last time they said brakes but mine were fine).

On a side note I added some SMD LED numberplate bulbs and they look boomting.

TL;DR

i just got to the juction saw you and thought, i know that civic and then saw you do a double take. the wheels need a clean up close they are getting dirty, yours looked lovely

we must all live so close and I have still not seen either of you! Well I think I may have seen Jim the other day, near sainsbury's as it happens! but not sure, It was a silver ATR driving out as I was driving in...

Well I feel stupid if I randomly wave at people just incase they're not part of this forum. I've seen a few CTRO stickers about though.

Well I feel stupid if I randomly wave at people just incase they're not part of this forum. I've seen a few CTRO stickers about though.

as long as you look friendly its okay to wave at randoms! I have the TRO stickers so you'll know its a forum member!

b04b35c3.jpg

I was going to say Forstal Road, but I assumed you would know the one I'm on about :lol:
Those big iron gates certainly hindered the big gay bum party, and those cement blocks in the entrance for the lay by on the way to Sittingbourne lol.

A mate went there when we had all just learned to drive back in the day and set off a lot of fire works behind one of their cars. He said they got chased for a few miles after that! I like to think they had to take a shot in the mouth to chill them out. My friend defends himself a little to much when I mention my theory, like they may be hiding something!

A bit of a boring update. Bullet decided to treat me just before Christmas to a screw in the tyre, as I'm stubborn and have some mild OCD I didn't want to use the space saver, so she spent 4 hours like this

20121207_112417.jpg

Tyre was repaired because there's loads of tread left on it. Sorted.
Next issue, ever since I've had the car it's been serviced at my local Honda and for the past three services they have told me the battery is failing their tests. I've never had an issue with it so chose to ignore them trying to sell me stuff. Well last week it died, resulting in me getting my 5 foot colleague to help bump start it :lol: new battery ordered and picked up.

Came outside this morning to this

20121211_085859.jpg

Running late as usual, I soon realised I had forgot to change the cnuting battery.

Out with the old
20121211_085947.jpg

In with the new
20121211_090803.jpg

They say it comes in threes and it does, two weeks ago I put in a full tank of Morrisons fuel (I'm not 100% blaming it) but since then it's had an intermittent rough idle. Treated to a full tank of V Powah! and it doesn't appear to have rectified it. I'm hoping I don't have to take the ICV apart and clean it due to me being lazy.

That said, I will be fitting a new condenser and another gubbin to do with the A/C over Christmas and will be changing the engine oil and transmission fluid at the same time lol. Fcuking cars!

I suspect the new tyre patch will add a few horses ;) I need to change all four of my tyres as they are on the limit. Now sure what to go with though.

I suspect the new tyre patch will add a few horses ;) I need to change all four of my tyres as they are on the limit. Now sure what to go with though.

:lol: everything adds bhp on these. Get yourself some Falken 452s, great mid-range tyre IMO. Don't push them in the wet though, they aren't a forgiving tyre lol.

Loving the frosted look Mart, it's like you've had a colour change :lol:

Dude, it looked cool as fcuk. But my door was frozen shut, so had to pour some cold water over it in case I ripped a door rubber lol.

In other news, the local gypos kindly took my old battery for me. Saved me a trip to the tip.

:
In other news, the local gypos kindly took my old battery for me. Saved me a trip to the tip.

Fcuking bargain, saves the hassle at the tip trying to explain to the gypo kids dads that its just a car battery.:lol:

As I plan on selling my CTR this year I'm on a tidy up plan to try and help me get top dollar :lol: I cleaned all my arches and painted my calipers over a year ago, so that's well over due another grime attack. But in today's installment I am sorting out my faulty A/C.

Well after having it re-gassed and still no cold air I knew the condenser was shot, so new one ordered along with a receiver/dryer for good measure.
114013_zps515dec04.jpg

So time to take it all apart (with added mechanic friend's help)
114047_zps6a69c7a1.jpg

Once apart, my OCD noted 9 years worth of dirt
121511_zps3498ec9e.jpg

121520_zpsbda956e7.jpg

Under the battery tray
121530_zpsafbf93f7.jpg

121540_zps4ca8df50.jpg

Surface rust to be sorted another day as time was running out
121547_zpsef897075.jpg

121609_zps13ccc808.jpg

No wonder my A/C stopped working
121554_zpsed228f3b.jpg

So a quick once over to the dirty parts
122744_zps8a605a57.jpg

122800_zps6c339afe.jpg

122812_zps86d345d0.jpg

Engine bay will be cleaned another day also
124809_zps339171cd.jpg

And the finished article
132137_zpsdd459144.jpg

It was an absolute pig of job taking the bumper off and putting back together. Will definitely be buying some Honda poppers next time round too. Especially considering I had no idea they were different sizes when taking them all out, doh!

Back