• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Danga's Satin CTR "Bullet"

Danger200

Hi there people

I'm sure a few of you have spoke to me on other threads but I thought I would introduce myself properly as I have failed to do so, so far. And wanted to start a little thread on my CTRs progress.

My names Martin, I live in the Kent area and I am the proudish owner of a Silver beauty thats covered 48k miles and has had three owners from new. (I did plan on buying Hatton's silver wonder but it went before I had chance to arrange anything with him :()

Anyway the reason I say proudish is because I had all these ambitions and plans for my little beasty, but this morning I found the civic was resting on my back gates. The handbrake had slipped over the course of the night (I had failed to leave it in gear), queue a finger sized hole in the front bumper a chip and a dent. Seriously am not happy!:evil:

So heres a couple quick photos I took up bluewater the other week and one of the offending hole in my bumper.

My plans are to get the body work up to scratch, have the wheels refurbed and sprayed anthracite and then I will start on some goodies for her.

Cheers
Martin

Attachments

• DSC00047edit.JPG
    DSC00047edit.JPG
    763.8 KB · Views: 227
  • DSC00048edit.JPG
    DSC00048edit.JPG
    775.7 KB · Views: 228
  • DSC00051edit.JPG
    DSC00051edit.JPG
    761.9 KB · Views: 260
Last edited by a moderator:
haha bullet hole, must be why my insurance is so high due to the area lol.

well my luck doesn't seem to be in with this car as it has a few scratches and that so i was going to get them all taken out, considering a quick silver blow over. Then a day before i went out to ibiza last month a lady hit the rear quarter of my car in a car park and drove off, i made chase and she stopped. To cut a long story short she was drunk as skunk and read 147 on the breathaliser, remembering 35 is the legal limit. BUT i'm not allowed to know if she got prosicuted and if she denies fault i lose my no claims. how fair is that?!?

Bullet hole? Potentially, depends if he lives in or near the Northfleet estates or not ;)

Danga, where abouts in Kent are you from? As used to live fairly locally to Bluewater a few years ago so know the area pretty well.. And sucky luck in regards to the drunken wench, I've had a few instances with past cars where I got shafted by insurance companies through no fault of my own, so I feel your anguish, hope it works for the better though and you keep the no claims.

its got to the extent that i dont want to claim for the damage, admittedly her car came off so much worse and mine has very minor damage. well my insurance went up when someone hit me, i claimed off her insurance 200 to fix my old fiesta. the next years insurance went up £400 to what it should be due to that accident, how crap is that. dont go with elephant, they are con-artists! lol.
i live in maidstone, about 15... i mean 25minutes ;) from bluewater

15/25 (possibly 12) minutes depending on the drive ;) haha but a bit further afield than I was, used to live in Swanscombe which is literally just up the road from Bluewater, and then moved to Hawley (just outside Dartford near Brands Hatch) before moving to Brighton.

My thoughts are that most insurance companies are scum, robbing you of your money and very unwilling to pay out or be of any help when you actually need them to do their job :S but things have started to get better as I've got older, I guess everything was instantly my fault being a "young male", grrr... But never mind, live and learn as they say :)

Nice motor mate, looks a perfect hole LOL!!

You could put a fake front tow arm thing in there!!

15/25 (possibly 12) minutes depending on the drive ;) haha but a bit further afield than I was, used to live in Swanscombe which is literally just up the road from Bluewater, and then moved to Hawley (just outside Dartford near Brands Hatch) before moving to Brighton.

My thoughts are that most insurance companies are scum, robbing you of your money and very unwilling to pay out or be of any help when you actually need them to do their job :S but things have started to get better as I've got older, I guess everything was instantly my fault being a "young male", grrr... But never mind, live and learn as they say :)

i say 15 to allow for parking lol i allways use parking round by the cinema, the long route round :lol:
so you get around then haha, im going brands hatch next week for the RS owners club (used to have a fiesta RS1800) and apparently some type r's go there aswell.
well im 22 and paying 140 a month to insure her, but i will not be using elephant again.
i got pulled by the police yesterday, i think it was because of the car, they say it was because i almost hit a pedestrian crossing the road but i was no where near him.

Nice motor mate, looks a perfect hole LOL!!

You could put a fake front tow arm thing in there!!

cheers joe
:lol: i have been thinking about what i can do with the hole, i was thinking bore it out and have a cold air feed, but it wouldnt look right, towing eye would be funny

i love how people see the funny side, it has cheered me up though, i felt like :( this morning lol

A man after my own heart, always the long way round Bluewater as the sweeping bends and roundabouts prove to be alot of fun so long as the plod aren't around in their "not-so-cool" smart panda cars! haha
and £140 a month isn't bad, but I'd expect you have some no claims (at present depending on the outcome of the drunken woman) to get a quote like that at 22..? As I'm 25 and paying roughly £100 a month, but then I don't have the luxury of no claims, boo hiss!

haha yeah those bends are great, they are fantastic when you have an aguement with the girlfriend and you want to scare her lol especially that sweeping left hander straight off of the motorway, i scare myself.
i have 3 years no claims with my mum and her bf on my insurance. so i suppose it isnt a great amount, its alot more than what my friends get quoted. well ive taken the decision i wont be claiming as it will probably only come to a couple hundred and that panel had a couple dents anyway. but it still counts as an accident unfortunately

Yup, sweeping left hander FTW, although the left hand hairpin is also alot of fun! I tend to find myself eyeing up the traffic as soon as I get onto the slip road and take which ever bend has the most potential of grin factor :D

Yup, sweeping left hander FTW, although the left hand hairpin is also alot of fun! I tend to find myself eyeing up the traffic as soon as I get onto the slip road and take which ever bend has the most potential of grin factor :D

oh i forgot about that one, hit it right and you can get a cheeky rear wheel in the air. passengers dont tend to appreciate it much mind :lol:
admittedly the whole of bluewater is like a little race track though:twisted:

My passengers never seem to appreciate anything I do so I just drive to keep myself smiling :p and the hairpin became even more fun when they put that beige stony grippy stuff down, although that was years ago now I think. Not so much fun in the wet though, the thought of skipping into that 2foot curb doesn't really appeal :?

nah i wouldnt fancy that at all, although i haven experienced my civic in the wet yet so hab to gain some confidence for that. you got any good areas near you?

just a quick little update, bought 6 microfibre towels from asda for 6 quid, worth a go if anyone goes there lol

That's pretty cheap, I'll bare that in mind when I need them next so cheers for the heads up.
And yeh, there's a few roads around here that I like, none in town though as they are policed quite eagerly :? the country roads on the way to the misses' house are quite fun though (she thinks I drive to see her ;) mwahahahaha! Kidding..)

Gave my little beasty a clean on sunday, used autoglym SRP and EGP. I would say the EGP would work better on a darker coloured car, but was quite happy with the results. i know how you lot like to see pictures lol.

my weapons of choice

That's pretty cheap, I'll bare that in mind when I need them next so cheers for the heads up.
And yeh, there's a few roads around here that I like, none in town though as they are policed quite eagerly :? the country roads on the way to the misses' house are quite fun though (she thinks I drive to see her ;) mwahahahaha! Kidding..)

no worries mate, thought it was a bargain so i thought i would share.

oh really, thats not good then. my area has a few police but theres a few good roads where you can put your foot down, safely ofcourse.
haha she's a lucky woman

Back