• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Danga's Satin CTR "Bullet"

Sounds like an awesome plan, but I don't imagine I'll be able to convince her it's a worth use of her time seeing as she washes her punto once every three months or so and even then she uses a petrol station car wash :S but I might give it a go and see how she reacts :D

Danga, I've ordered a new pre-painted front bumper from Honda for less than £200 today.
Granted that's for facelift but it's worth checking as having it arrive painted in the box is well worth not having the aggro of finding someone to paint it.

Be sure you are clear that you don't need the splitter as that's the expensive bit - again based on facelift pricing anyway. :)

Sounds like an awesome plan, but I don't imagine I'll be able to convince her it's a worth use of her time seeing as she washes her punto once every three months or so and even then she uses a petrol station car wash :S but I might give it a go and see how she reacts :D

start slowly by asking for a cuppa, then you go in for the can you bring the hose round the front please, then you can end up with get the stuff ready please darling, but dont touch the car :lol:

Danga, I've ordered a new pre-painted front bumper from Honda for less than £200 today.
Granted that's for facelift but it's worth checking as having it arrive painted in the box is well worth not having the aggro of finding someone to paint it.

Be sure you are clear that you don't need the splitter as that's the expensive bit - again based on facelift pricing anyway. :)

wow cheers crumb, that pretty cheap considering its already painted etc, did you go through your local dealership? well seeing that the are asking alot on ebay just for the splitters i will keep mine lol. how come you needed a new bumper?

Yup I just phoned my local dealer earlier and got a price and ordered one. It is in UK stock, so I can collect it tomorrow.

My bumper has had a head-on knock so the struts inside have pushed the bumper out and cracked it on both sides. It has some stone chip damage too so it seemed like a good idea when the guys I met on the Wales trip told me they came pre-painted.

I'm also planning on putting some mesh over the intake whilst I've got it all off.
I dare say I'll take a picture or two :)

:lol: we all like seeing some pictures of step by step guides on this website, or of anythin new with your car.
oh really, do you think they will keep the pre-facelift in stock? yeah mine has the odd stone chip or two, but i have jus noticed the woman who had the car before me misjudge the height of a couple curbs and my splittler has been scraped so i will need to get that done

trust me, its the softly softly approach, gets them everytime lol.

nnash trust me i cant wait until i get it sorted, although i will have to get up off my arse and do summit and that takes effort lol

heres my new stereo, ordered it from amazon, birthday present from my girlfriend, bit of bargain at just under £100. as you can see it has USB and AUX inputs and it has a preout at the back which i will use for an amp to power some aftermarket speakers.
tried to go for red lighting to stay with the red theme for the CTR interior.

dsc00070ulv.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

dsc00072sev.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

dsc00074f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Matches up well mate :) how was the colouring of your facia adaptor? As I had to get mine sprayed to match the silver dash as the colour of the facia was a terrible match..

yeah im quite happy with it, apart from the sound setting, theres no treble or bass setiing its low, mid and high and its in db so quite hard to get the right sound quality, standard speakers distorting sounds crap.
well the fascia was in when i bought the car and its not a terrible match tbh mate, i have seen a few people who just settle with the black fascias

the second civic i went to look at before i bought mine the fella had sprayed the a, b and c pillars black and sprayed the roof lining black. to be honest it didnt look too bad except for the paint runs and the hard spiking roof lining :lol: but he had a CF centre console and it didnt look too bad, but a facia on its own dont look too good

I have noticed a few threads popping up with the JMR tie bars, and mine is no different :lol:
Although I haven't got round to fitting it yet, I spent most of the day trying to clean my engine bay with some Gunk engine degreaser aerosole stuff, smelt quite nice but made me a bit light headed :D

Anyway heres some pics:

25092009055.jpg

As you will see my engine was really dirty and I'm going to have to spend a bit more time perfecting it.

before1z.jpg

after1w.jpg

before2s.jpg

after2bv.jpg

After learning that my alloys had no weights on them, I got them balanced and was quite shocked with the amount of weight they stuck on, have a feeling the wheel could be buckled

28092009065.jpg

Had a drunk driver hit my car, although theres hardly any damage and my excess being £400 I left it, but my insurance is going to go up due to the accident meaning that chances of any mods will mean it will be the wrong side of £1500. So I will have to wait until my years up to see how much they cain me :evil:

28092009064.jpg

28092009063.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
F*cking spoon driving into your car mate! :angry: that with the bullet hole and you're not having much luck.. But engine bay looks alot better now, was in quite a sorry state beforehand :? haha

Looks awesome man. If the bullet hole on front bumper wasn't such a perfect one it would look 10 times worse :lol:

Engine bay looks a millions times better now. Well done ;)

Haha thanks dude, that bullet hole makes it distinctive I think :lol: and yeah the engine bay was mank, I spent half hour trying to figure out how to wrap the cling film around things. I can barely wrap a sarnie in the stuff let along the electrics

found out two of my wheels are buckled on sat, should see the number of weights on them at the moment, i'll take a photo later and upload it

Back