• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Danga's Satin CTR "Bullet"

I did this job last year.
It wasn't too bad to be honest.
I got some mesh from Halfords and meshed the lower part of the front bumper.
Might be worth doing the same mate

I need to do this soon I think. My ac has never worked. Was it difficult? Mainly, will I need to pay someone to do it for me?

The bumper is quite easy to pull off mate. Get some clips before you start in case you break any.
Once off, you cut the mesh to the correct size and cable tie it on. I think I drilled a couple of discreet holes.
The only slight difficulty that I had was in trying to stop the horn touching the mesh. I ended up making a new bracket for it but you could always just cut a couple holes in the grill for the horn to poke out of.
I did the job in a morning on my inlaws drive. The longest part was faffing with the horn.
There is a great "how to" on bumper removal, if i remember correctly.
Halfords do a nice black mesh.

Yeah mine is missing a lot if bumpers. Mine needs to come off as one of clamps that gets screwed on has been bodged at some point and needs to be fixed as the bumper sticks out under one of the lights :(

I did this job last year.
It wasn't too bad to be honest.
I got some mesh from Halfords and meshed the lower part of the front bumper.
Might be worth doing the same mate

The job itself is alright, I just think the bumper is a cnut. I did think about the mesh but time was an issue and it was a last minute arrangement. Will probably look into it when I sort the surface rust. Do you have any pics of your meshed bumper?

I need to do this soon I think. My ac has never worked. Was it difficult? Mainly, will I need to pay someone to do it for me?

Well you will obviously need the A/C and I'd recommend you buy a receiver/dryer too. You will also need some A/C oil for the seals when you replace bits.
It was sort of straight forward, you just need a decent set of tools as some nuts/bolts were a fcuker to get to. Also some help, extra pair of hands with the bumper.

The bumper is quite easy to pull off mate. Get some clips before you start in case you break any.
Once off, you cut the mesh to the correct size and cable tie it on. I think I drilled a couple of discreet holes.
The only slight difficulty that I had was in trying to stop the horn touching the mesh. I ended up making a new bracket for it but you could always just cut a couple holes in the grill for the horn to poke out of.
I did the job in a morning on my inlaws drive. The longest part was faffing with the horn.
There is a great "how to" on bumper removal, if i remember correctly.
Halfords do a nice black mesh.

There is a how to, but it didn't help me that much in locating the bumper fasteners in all fairness.

Yeah mine is missing a lot if bumpers. Mine needs to come off as one of clamps that gets screwed on has been bodged at some point and needs to be fixed as the bumper sticks out under one of the lights :(

That took me and my mate a fair bit of fiddling to get right.

I didn't find removing/refitting bumper an issue at all.
I've pulled the front bumper off 3 times last year. Once for the a/c (I replaced the condensor and drier, didn't put any oil in),
I took it off again to remove the headlights to get em refurbished and then lastly to reseal them after they got condensated and to fit xenon lights
Might be cos im a mechanic that i found it easy.

I'll post a pic tomorrow. I thought I had one on me phone.

I used to work for beadles, till my son passed away.
I've left and now im looking for a job that not in the trade.
I spent all my time at work and not enough with my son which I really regret mate.
Now Im just fixing motors on the weekend.
I worked for Honda for about a year in Catford, south London. Got made redundant cos the motors were just not breaking down, bullet proof!
I did my apprenticeship with Mercedes and let me tell you; expensive motors don't mean reliability mate.

Photos as requested.
You can't really see the mesh but you can see the leaves resting against it.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1357295215253.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357295215253.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 15
  • uploadfromtaptalk1357295242361.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357295242361.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 16
  • uploadfromtaptalk1357295269135.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357295269135.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 14
sorry to hear about your son buddy. the mesh thing sounds like a good idea. maybe I should do that at the same time as the rest of my A/C.

Thanks mate.
It would be the best time to fit it.
If you need a hand, give us a shout.
What you replacing on the system?

I had not planned on replacing anything TBH. but my AC has always been like being coughed on by an asthmatic mouse so I thought a re gas would do the job. being a 52 plate I am sure that I will need to do something along the lines of Danga has done. new tyres need doing first as they are properly on the limit. after that I will look in to this then probably take you up on your offer of a hand.

If you're just after a regass, Kwikfit do it really cheap. Thats where I got mine done.
If there is a fault, you can use Aircon Direct 01474 832941
They are based in Kent and are a mobile unit. So they will come to you to diagnose a fault with the A/C.
I've used them to diagnose my A/C and then replaced the defective parts myself.
I know a bloke at Kwikfit if you need a discount mate.

Thought I may give this an up date.

So the car went for a level 1 service with Honda. On the phone the guy says that he's noticed I never had a level 2 service, so after asking what's extra, he stated that it will be £90 more than a level 1 and they will change my air filter......I'll stick with a level 1 cheers. As I'm saving I thought I would supply my own oil to bring the cost down even more (I service the car every 6 months and got a deal on 10l of oil back in October time)

So after the service I spent a fraction of the price for a new air filter and a couple of pollen filters, and then spent all of 10 minutes changing them. Bugger me, I'd happily charge someone £90 for that.
So new parts
Civic1Copy_zpsd9176314.jpg

Look at the state of these, only been in a year
Civic2Copy_zpse2023f6b.jpg

Civic3Copy_zpse96b53ba.jpg

Job done
Civic4Copy_zps5d8252c8.jpg

Then it was time to turn my attention to my brakes. Dug this lot out
Civic5Copy_zps2eed241b.jpg

Then wheels off (still looking ok-ish for being 2 years since I last tarted them up)
Civic6Copy_zpsc6f27b3d.jpg

Due to time (and me being lazy) I just stuck with silver, and carried out a very rushed job. Excuse the wheels, I have some new ones to go on.
Civic7Copy_zps84f5196e.jpg

Civic8Copy_zps96ec483d.jpg

Civic9Copy_zps048e2d70.jpg

So skip a few days, it was time to ditch my retro-fitted flat blades (bloody hated the look of them) and fit some fresh rubbers
Civic10Copy_zps17e9aa7c.jpg

Over the years, wiper changes have butchered the paint on the wiper arms
Civic11Copy_zpsefe0adca.jpg

Civic12Copy_zpse6abf9f4.jpg

So time to bust out my materials and mask up the areas. Then primed.
Civic13Copy_zps6e2a68df.jpg

Painted
Civic14Copy_zps538d1e9b.jpg

Then looking fresh. Although I managed to chip the paint as I put the wipers on wrong. F**K!!!
Civic15Copy_zpsdd94ef37.jpg

Only a little, but they will be rubbed down and I'll start again another day

Civic16Copy_zps4efb74dc.jpg

I even had a little time to wash her down with some Megs gold class and top up with some Aqua Wax

Civic17Copy_zpse9f45938.jpg

Civic18Copy_zps4230a66a.jpg

Civic19Copy_zps72623fbd.jpg

Brakes still looking good after a couple months
Civic20Copy_zps50299b51.jpg

looks good man. What did you use to do the rust bit on the brake disks?

I called Honda the other week and got the same crap from them about the levels. she then said as my car had its last service less than 12 months ago that it was not worth it. Told her to FOAD and I think I'll take it else where! maybe I'll give TGM a call or something. such a shame that sumo power closed.

Did you spray or brush the wipers?

I used a wire brush to get rid of any loose rust, wiped the dust off and then used a tin of Hammerite http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/..._productId_158822_langId_-1_categoryId_255239 if I had a bit more time, two coats would've been ideal. Word of warning, don't put too much on your brush and whatever it touches needs white spirit to remove it lol. I just bought a new brush each time though.

Their new desk staff are slightly retarded and take ages to answer the phone. Their mechanics seem to be pretty good though.

I used a rattle can of grey primer and satin black on the wipers. Two coats of each. Up close they actually turned out really good considering.
I spent more time trying to stop the curtains from blowing away :lol:

Nice job on the wipers. I noticed how bad mine had got recently, that's something else on my to do list.

You'll be surprised at how much better it looks. For the sake of just over a tenner and maybe 45mins work (allowing paint to dry) I was happy with the outcome.

So as you may know, I bought TarmacNymph's pink and purple wheels off of him years ago. Due to life getting the way I never got round to hving the tyres swapped over. As he's putting his car back to standard he needed some standard wheels, made sense to have mine and I'll finally get round to fitting his.
Step dad let me down last minute (as he was going to paint them due to lacquer and paint peel) and as Karl was losing money I thought I'll take a crack at them myself.

Rubbed down and primed
20140507_223125_zpsq2pgfxqg.jpg

20140508_143227_zps9btsxevv.jpg

Then time for paint
20140508_215905_zpshaj0fi5i.jpg

Then met Karl in a car park ;) shortly after getting my tyres swapped over.

20140510_103134_zps3xxrdtnq.jpg

Then some better pics
20140510_125255_zpste5oipqn.jpg

20140510_180128_zpsfoqzecrz.jpg

They need another coat of paint as I ran out and Halford's have also ran out. Then I'll give them a polish and wax. They should look a lot better.

I make no bones about it, but these wheels are an absolute cnut to prep and paint.

Back