• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Danga's Satin CTR "Bullet"

The materials
3c08244b-5fc8-4ac5-a5b2-0d7240997eef_zpsa93532f1.jpg

The car this morning
20141114_072223_zpskid217qn.jpg~original

Just need to sort out some time to fit the rear drop links that I've bought, my new spark plugs and changing the transmission oil.

Didn't know you had anthracite wheels. They look good. As you'd expect on silver. Red calipers would be "bae" tbh ;)

Cheers dude. Well these were originally Karl's purple and pink ones, then he was selling his car and needed a set of standard wheels ASAP. So I painted these myself, like a 2 day turn around to give him my originals. Unfortunately I ran out of paint twice so they really need another coat and then I'll put the red H's on the centre caps, it's BMW Sparkling Graphite Grey if you care :lol:

I've got a red Focal caliper painting kit from years ago that I'm considering using, I've got plenty of silver Hammerite left should I not like them lol.

EDIT: http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/s...n-CTR-Bullet&p=1225200&viewfull=1#post1225200 this was when I done them, you can see in one of the pics that another coat is needed.

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL.. I even commented on them!! :lol:

I'd not attempt that again.. I'd just pay the money to get them done. Get the H's on asap.

Oh yeah :lol: I even commented back, don't worry it was so 6 months ago!

I would do it again, not with Type R alloys, HELL NO!

I'm hoping to stick the H's on Tuesday time.

2015 issues:
*So after developing a misfire, it turned out that me dragging my heels to change the spark plugs caused one to basically shít itself. Changed that, still has a slight misfire, so I've ordered a new coil pack to see if that helps.
*Top engine mount (the one filled with oil) shít itself, new one turned up today.
*Rear caliper decided to shít itself and seize, new one ordered and fitted along with new discs and pads for both sides.
*Car wobbles slightly over 60mph, possible wheel weight fallen off, new tyres will be needed soon anyway.
*Transmission fluid still needs changing.
*A couple of wheels need taking off and repainting due to chips from tyre fitters and some divvy bint in a 4x4 forcing me into the side of a country lane.
*Red H stickers still not put onto the wheels, lost them somewhere in the house.
*Desperate need of a clean.
*Service is due at Honda

Been away from the forum for a while, life being busy and what not.

Returned to see what's going on.

Danga still hasn't bought a new car. LOL.

Well, with a large credit card bill looming, snowboard lessons, holidays to Disneyland Paris/Centre Parcs/Rome this year. I doubt I will even have the money for a new car.

Welcome back Scruff, and nope, nothing new :lol: I keep looking but there's nothing I deem good enough at a sensible price to force my hand. So I just settled into the fact I may never own another car again :( plus I know full well what type of nuggets I'm going to get sniffing around asking to test drive it if I ever do sell.

Welcome back Scruff, and nope, nothing new :lol: I keep looking but there's nothing I deem good enough at a sensible price to force my hand. So I just settled into the fact I may never own another car again :( plus I know full well what type of nuggets I'm going to get sniffing around asking to test drive it if I ever do sell.

Hello mate. :D I've been around, just lurking in the spare moments I have. All good with you? Sounds like you're a busy man!

Don't. I'm seriously considering raising the suspension to tractor-esque levels to fend off the test pilots.

Hello mate. :D I've been around, just lurking in the spare moments I have. All good with you? Sounds like you're a busy man!

Don't. I'm seriously considering raising the suspension to tractor-esque levels to fend off the test pilots.

Yeah same old shizz really, house stuff, work, attempting gym and now fallen back in love with my old car so buying new bits for that to get it road worthy. I think the Civic knows this, so is having a hissy fit.
That's not a bad idea, I live in an area full of speed bumps though so that could even be a selling point and attract more buyers.
Hope things are well your end.

That supplement life bro.

My supp game is on another level, but it's the food costs that are killing me at the moment. We're trying to buy UK produce only, and as much organic stuff as possible :lol:

Inb4 homo comment about buying organic lol.

Oh yeah....forgot about that :lol: the missus found me out after spotting the box on top of the recycle bin.

2015 issues:
*So after developing a misfire, it turned out that me dragging my heels to change the spark plugs caused one to basically shít itself. Changed that, still has a slight misfire, so I've ordered a new coil pack to see if that helps.

One new coil pack later and the car is driving sweet as a nut :dance:

Good effort that, they look spot on :smt023

Cheers dude, doubt I will ever do it again unless I'm able to take my sweet arse time lol

A couple months back I opened my bonnet up and saw what I thought to be mud in the engine bay, I work in the countryside and if I run late I take a back lane to miss out a set of traffic lights, so I just assumed I hit a large puddle and didn't think any more of it. I've been hearing an intermittent knocking sound for the last few weeks and cannot find where it's coming from, I very rarely go through areas with speed bumps so it's never been much of a cause of concern.

Until I done some digging and found out that this mount is filled with oil, the fcuker split and coated everything :evil:

20150705_192144_zpsbbc3ukq2.jpg

So new mount ordered

20150705_192156_zpssclhzfqb.jpg

And I fitted it last night, so bloody easy (in the scheme of things) to do. And no more knocking noises :cool:

20150705_195345_zpswmwpv3sr.jpg

Old and new

20150705_194032_zpsedxmds23.jpg

Definitely needed doing :shock:

20150705_194037_zpsxmwiphec.jpg

Whilst I was out there and the garage was unlocked, thought I may as well do my transmission fluid

20150705_200519_zpstf6rjqjb.jpg

20150705_201859_zpsofdqtgg4.jpg

It was pretty dark but I can't honestly say that I feel any difference in gear change, so the old oil must've still had a little life left in it.

Back