• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Danger's new whip - Venom

Nice pick up dang! With some tlc it will look on point! Can't get my head around how people can buy such a nice car and not care for it in the slightest, sounds like he got it mixed up with a diesel but bought it anyway!

Epic amounts of cleaning going on there, that clay bar is outrageous. Great little restoration project, looking forward to seeing more.

Even though I can't believe you've actually got a new car. :lol:

I know, my Civic doesn't even produce that much dirt from claying the whole car! But yeah it's a project alright, got loads of stuff to tidy up on it. Will eventually cost me the same as just going out and buying a decent example :lol:

I'm still in shock lol.

Wow that was really ditched! I thought my car was bad!

Nice pick up dang! With some tlc it will look on point! Can't get my head around how people can buy such a nice car and not care for it in the slightest, sounds like he got it mixed up with a diesel but bought it anyway!

He's just sees a car as a way of getting about, literally has no pride. I don't see how someone could do that to a £30k car.

^You'd at least pay the polish to wash it once every couple months at the very least!

Nice motor danga. You running two cars at the moment or has the bullet been bitten?

I know, my Civic doesn't even produce that much dirt from claying the whole car! But yeah it's a project alright, got loads of stuff to tidy up on it. Will eventually cost me the same as just going out and buying a decent example :lol:

I'm still in shock lol.

That's what I was thinking too, ridiculous amount of muck on there. You'll probably want to give it a once over with tar remover as well, then another claying lol. Regarding your interior - have you got a set of brushes for all the nooks? Also (being an advocate for their products) in addition to Poorboys BH get yourself some of their Natural Finish interior cleaner. It's wicked stuff and leaves a really nice non-shiny OEM-esque finish. Errr, natural I guess you could say? :D

What's the overall condition of the paint like? Being German you'll have a fair few more microns than Honda put on the Civic, plus if he's never washed it you don't have swirl marks to contend with... the muck would have protected it. :lol:

Tif he's never washed it you don't have swirl marks to contend with... the muck would have protected it. :lol:

I'm contemplating taking this approach with my new CTR. The theory is sound, until someone brushes along the side of the car...

He's just sees a car as a way of getting about, literally has no pride. I don't see how someone could do that to a £30k car.

You've answered your own question there. It's no different to people who have a £100k twin-turbo S-class and then fit it with Linglong ditchfinders - they'll spend money on a nice car (as a status symbol or a nice surrounding to biff around in) but have absolutely no interest in the minutiae of it.

I'm contemplating taking this approach with my new CTR. The theory is sound, until someone brushes along the side of the car...

Get enough crap on there and they'll never break through the base layer :lol:

If the goal is factory fresh paint at sale time... wrap it on day 1? Then you can have a clean car AND fresh paint underneath

What sort of dirty b@stard would let their car go to someone else in that state!

Never mind - looks pretty. Are these FAST?

Much?

Don't mod it, looks good as it is.

Shame you're so far away I could wip the rotary over it.

^You'd at least pay the polish to wash it once every couple months at the very least!

Nice motor danga. You running two cars at the moment or has the bullet been bitten?

Oh yeah, he DGAF, I had a sit in his new S3 and it's lovely, I dread to think how it's going to turn out.

But cheers. Yeah Type R is still sitting on my drive. Waiting for a spruce up.

That's what I was thinking too, ridiculous amount of muck on there. You'll probably want to give it a once over with tar remover as well, then another claying lol. Regarding your interior - have you got a set of brushes for all the nooks? Also (being an advocate for their products) in addition to Poorboys BH get yourself some of their Natural Finish interior cleaner. It's wicked stuff and leaves a really nice non-shiny OEM-esque finish. Errr, natural I guess you could say? :D

What's the overall condition of the paint like? Being German you'll have a fair few more microns than Honda put on the Civic, plus if he's never washed it you don't have swirl marks to contend with... the muck would have protected it. :lol:

I just used the vacuum brush attachment and microfibres. I'm going to have to take the front seats out to get all the crap underneath :|

The paint is shít lol. It's not swirls, it's scratches from bushes and stuff. It's also gone very dull.

You've answered your own question there. It's no different to people who have a £100k twin-turbo S-class and then fit it with Linglong ditchfinders - they'll spend money on a nice car (as a status symbol or a nice surrounding to biff around in) but have absolutely no interest in the minutiae of it.

Linlong ditchfinders :lol:

What sort of dirty b@stard would let their car go to someone else in that state!

Never mind - looks pretty. Are these FAST?

Much?

Don't mod it, looks good as it is.

Shame you're so far away I could wip the rotary over it.

I actually told him not to touch it, I could imagine him using a scouring pad to get the dirt off.

Yeah it's rapid. Literally no lag. It's smooth too.

I'm only tidying up, no kits or anything will be fitted. Well maybe an RS3 grill, but that's a big maybe.

That is a shame actually as I'd have you round this weekend lol.

First mod

21769331031_77484c8f63_z.jpg

Nice turnaround Danga

If you've got PB Black Hole (after polishing) use it, if not, try Prima Amigo - I find it even better at hiding swirls.

You could even just go for Prima Amigo with no polishing for a quick fix if you put a decent wax/sealant over the top :cool:
I've got a partially corrected black MINI that I'm slowly going round. Good results

You certainly have got your work cut out getting it sorted, looking at the state of it when you first got it, just cleaning it is a good start.

When I have been looking at purchasing cars, I sometimes wish I could of bought them just to give it a damn good clean :lol:

Nice turnaround Danga

If you've got PB Black Hole (after polishing) use it, if not, try Prima Amigo - I find it even better at hiding swirls.

You could even just go for Prima Amigo with no polishing for a quick fix if you put a decent wax/sealant over the top :cool:
I've got a partially corrected black MINI that I'm slowly going round. Good results

Cheers dude. It's still nowhere near perfect but at least it's clean lol.

Also yeah, I bought Black Hole without a second thought. And then I saw everyone raving about Amigo last night.

I've got AutoGlym Extra Gloss Protection and Collinite 476s. I've found both to last ages, although Colli doesn't really give off a good shine on silver cars.

You certainly have got your work cut out getting it sorted, looking at the state of it when you first got it, just cleaning it is a good start.

When I have been looking at purchasing cars, I sometimes wish I could of bought them just to give it a damn good clean :lol:

Yeah I know :lol: I went in with my eyes open, but didn't appreciate just how bad it was. To make matters worse I bought the car without even driving it lol.

And yeah I've always wanted to do that but with Fiestas, Corsas, something little and cheap so that if I cock up it won't break me.

Thought I'd update this with my impressions of the car after a week of ownership. Obviously I'm going to compare it to the Civic in the sense that it's a 2 door/3 door however you see it, hot hatch.

I actually prefer the seating/gear stick position in the EP3, the Audi feels like a normal car with go fast bits added whereas in comparison the Civic feels like it was produced with a track day in mind. The seats are more hugging and firmer, then again the Audi has done more mileage and the seats are still comfy, so I won't write that off as a defeat just yet. Especially with the fact they're heated and have electric lumbar adjustment too.

The ride is very "crashy" at low speeds compared to the Type R, I live in an area with a lot of speed bumps and I feel like I need to go slower over them.

Now the good bits, it's fast, and picks up in pretty much most gears at any speed. It's my first turbo car and it's hilarious, the power is more linear than I'd like but it still pins you back. The engine is an absolute peach, shame it's so damn ugly.

The exhaust may not be loud but it still sounds nice when on boost and I've almost found a sweet spot to get it to pop when coming off boost quickly. I actually may not even change the exhaust unless I have to.

When on flat roads it rides very smooth, small problem with this, you don't know what speed you're doing. I've had to change the display on the DIS to show my mph but it still doesn't help so I may have to set up my speed warning alarm on it too :lol:

Even though it feels heavier (and it probably is due to quattro) than the Civic I actually have more confidence in it, it just grips round the bends. Not experienced any understeer yet, but then again I never push it hard on public roads in any of my cars anyway.

It's so nice to have gadgets! Temp gauge, a clock (without changing radio display), DRLs if I want them on, auto leveling HIDs, HL washers, dual zone climate control, quick clear front screen, flat bottom multifunction steering wheel, Bose speakers, rear pop up sun blind. Although I do wish it had cruise control, power fold mirrors and a nicer looking stereo. But these were expensive extras and this car was spec'd as basic when new. I don't have kids but there's ISOFIX all round which is cool.

Major complaint for both cars, if you want to get people in the back, both have front seats that are completely retarded. How is it so hard to manufacture a seat that tilts and slides forwards and then goes back to where it was :lol:

So as a whole, I'm over the moon with it. It may look understated/subtle aggressive or boring as my girlfriend says but I like it. My only gripe is the state of the paint, the guy seriously did not look after it, but I'm certain a machine polish will take out 85% of the scratches. Plus my stepdad used to paint cars and will help me give the front end a blow over to get rid of the stone chips.

Small update, had a few goodies arrive this week. Granted they're not all going to be to everyone's taste but it's my car and my money lol.

First of all some plastidip, caliper paint and some yellow light film.
21834012270_0cc02ee778_c.jpg

Some side decals, will try the silver ones first and then when the calipers go yellow so will the decals. These will be stuck on the rear part of the skirt in front of the arch or more than likely just above the side skirt on the rear quarter.
21401022663_0a675c9d3c_z.jpg

And then some new mats! So before
22032138381_3e9efcd09b_z.jpg

Whip them out
21834410738_59e52ec846_z.jpg

Unpack new ones, and fit
22032132191_093987d10d_z.jpg

21835336839_4007b301c0_z.jpg

22022256575_d86d4b6a63_z.jpg

The fit and quality of these are brilliant, I've used the same company numerous times before, and for the sake of £20 can't really go wrong. Seeing these fitted, I should've really bought grey rather than black but oh well.

Also as I have a dog who sometimes jumps in the back, recycle the old mats and use them to protect the boot floor
21401094553_204e09ee58_z.jpg

Weather has been pants, so the car is filthy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back