• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Danger's new whip - Venom

For me, the whole thing I like about these cars is the understated nature. The yellow(ish) calipers and decals makes it look like a McDonald's car park special. But that is just IMO FWIW.

You know I'm always 'that' cnut

:lol: I wouldn't want you any other way.

Looks a different car from the pictures when you collected her, good work mate!!

That black paintwork looks great. Real deep.

:smt023:)

For me, the whole thing I like about these cars is the understated nature. The yellow(ish) calipers and decals makes it look like a McDonald's car park special. But that is just IMO FWIW.

I'm thinking about ditching the yellow decals, think it's a bit too much.

But that's fine fella, I appreciate the comment. Once the wheels go darker, the grille goes black and I have some tints fitted I think the calipers will break it up nicely, bit like this RS4.

rs4-jpg.75695

If it was just the calipers, I'd like it. I think it's the dodgy decals I'm not a fan of. Just looks like people who buy a base model car and try and blag it as a better model.

If it was just the calipers, I'd like it. I think it's the dodgy decals I'm not a fan of. Just looks like people who buy a base model car and try and blag it as a better model.

The only car above mine is the RS3 though, and mine does have quattro. So they aren't lies :lol:

I drive a Fiesta with red calipers FFS

Quick paint them black.

Another vote for silver decals. I also think silver calipers would look good. Matches the mirrors, decals and keeps the understated look.

Silver decals Danger :)

Freshened my calipers up by painting them silver hammerite. Look eye catching, but factory.

...but on a S3 - red will do nicely please :cool:

PS... car looks lovely and dripping wet in the pics mate :twisted:

Well I've got silver Hammerite left over from the Civic. But these calipers are already painted black as standard so wasn't too sure how well it would coat with that, it's apparent that spit probably would've coated better than the eBay stuff I bought :lol:

And yeah after looking at the car today, the yellow decals have to go.

Also cheers, so far that's just a quick going over with Auto Glym SRP and some Aqua Wax. Can't wait to get the DA on it.

So I bought the car knowing the cam belt was due to be done within the next couple of thousand miles. So the weekend just gone I got my colleague's husband to do this, along with new water pump, new auxiliary belt, oil, oil filter, air filter, carbon pollen filter and new plugs. Not bad for £480 IMO.

I asked him how it went and he said "The car is a right pig to work on. Have you seen under the car? I hope you don't need a clutch on that any time soon, sod that!" :lol: he's built a Chevy truck from the ground up, works on Ferraris and recently completely restored a Mini so he's pretty seasoned when it comes to working on cars.

Bit of a bugger if I go past 300bhp as the standard clutch can't cope lol.

Considering the poor weather we've had, the car doesn't look too bad.

24562491391_92950d9b36_b.jpg

Clutch isn't as bad as it looks on them. Once you get the transfer box off (not that difficult) it's the same as any 2WD A3/Golf.

Back