• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Das Boot!

Ok well I sold the DC2 and said to my self I'd buy something cheap to run around in and use the excess money to clear my credit card so I was ready to go to uni and start getting in debt all over again.

Been looking at a few different cars all of which I hated untill I found this,

mail-1.jpg

interior.jpg

I'll get some better pics up once I've washed it etc.

Its not mint but in pretty good nick for an old merc, it has the AMG alloys and Carbon pack so its not too old man:lol:. Its got full main dealer service history, serviced and mot'd last month. It's very slow and comfy which fits the bill for now and there's loads of room for my drums and bikes.

I know not to most of your taste but I kind of like it.

I also treated myself to a new bike with the change I had left from debt clearing.

bmx.jpg

:D

Atleast the bike will fit in the back without putting the seats down lol.

Quick question, is the driver's side mirror short and fat compared to the passenger side? My mum has a Merc and that does.

Atleast the bike will fit in the back without putting the seats down lol.

Quick question, is the driver's side mirror short and fat compared to the passenger side? My mum has a Merc and that does.

I've seen some with the 'dumpy' style mirror but mine is the same both side. The glass is weird though, has a tint and a slight magnification to it?

Awesome merc mate. Wouldn't mind one as a run about myself!

Cheers buddy, thanks. It's nice to have a little comfort after the dc2. I'll get bored soon enough but for the summer of festivals and camping it'll do nicely.

I've seen some with the 'dumpy' style mirror but mine is the same both side. The glass is weird though, has a tint and a slight magnification to it?

Yeah that's it, bit odd isn't it. Very good cars though, I pushed a button in my mum's and heard two thuds. Couldn't work out what I had done, took me 15 mins to realise it knocks the rear head rests down for when you reverse :lol:

Yeah that's it, bit odd isn't it. Very good cars though, I pushed a button in my mum's and heard two thuds. Couldn't work out what I had done, took me 15 mins to realise it knocks the rear head rests down for when you reverse :lol:
Yeh they have lots of cool toys inside. They're so well made its lovely to sit in, no rattles or noise.

They are nice, seats are comfy too. Does it have a button with what looks like a tyre that has squiggly lines through it?

that is amazing. i have always had a soft spot for mid 90s 100 series mercs.

more details such as age (is it really a k or is that personalised), engine & mileage please.

that is amazing. i have always had a soft spot for mid 90s 100 series mercs.

more details such as age (is it really a k or is that personalised), engine & mileage please.

Its a private plate so its on a R (1998 ). He chucked the plate in but I'm removing it.

92k on the clock, FMDSH.

Its a C180 Sport Auto [AC] with the AMG Carbon Pack (AMG Alloys, Carbon effect dash, carbon Effect exterior parts) completely De-badged. No rust at all, he had the boot and rear arches sorted about 6 months ago as they had started to show sign of bubbles.

I'm the third owner, the guy previous bought it off a mate who owned it from new.

sounds tidy. sorry if you posted elsewhere, i don't know anything about mercs, what engine is in that?

sounds tidy. sorry if you posted elsewhere, i don't know anything about mercs, what engine is in that?

Its a 1.8 with about 50bhp so it flies!! but its very smooth. I just love the fact the I have the 'sport' version, I've had skate boards that are more sporty. Still lovely to drive and seeing the star at the front makes me smile as I cruse along.

I have a 5 hour drive to cornwall on saturday so I'll know more how it fares under long journeys when I get back.

Went to cornwall at the weekend so thought I'd take the 'boot' to my local merc dealer for a medical. It got the all clear 100% mint which is a good deal of worry off my shoulders. The 5.5 hr drive was very comfy and relaxed.

Here are a few pics of some of the crazy cars at the dealers.

merc1.jpg

merc1int.jpg

merc2.jpg

merc3.jpg

merc5.jpg

Some rare shizzle there, makes a change from Yeoman's Honda who are a bunch of a dicks!

Back