• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

DC5 restoration - track project

It looks a lot better than it did. Still some paint correction needed but that's to be expected considering its neglect. It'll come good :)

FD2R

It looks a lot better than it did. Still some paint correction needed but that's to be expected considering its neglect. It'll come good :)

FD2R

Cheers for the pics. I gather will is going to mop the car at some point. As long as it's half decent, I won't be entering in any show and shine events!

It'll be nice to finally get the car so I can have a tinker and look at options for the interior and what not.

Cheers for the pics. I gather will is going to mop the car at some point. As long as it's half decent, I won't be entering in any show and shine events!

It'll be nice to finally get the car so I can have a tinker and look at options for the interior and what not.

Re : your flare.

FD2R

Is it worth the hassle of paint correction for a car that's going to be a track weapon? Get it clean, get it running well, drive the backside off it. Trash, fix, race, repeat. ;)

It's getting a mop rather than any full paint paint correction. I agree I don't want it gleaming but equally I'd like it to be in half decent condition.

Ah right, a quick Mop is not too bad then. Full PC would just be a waste of money that could go on some nice parts ;)

Ah right, a quick Mop is not too bad then. Full PC would just be a waste of money that could go on some nice parts ;)

Oh indeed. Money like that will go on tyres and pads. :lol:

Till the clutch dies that is, then diff and shorter final drive. Any perhaps cams and ITB's down the line. :lol:

I've had an update from TGM, all seems well with the car. It's been serviced, cleaned, the lip, bonnet and spoiler have been painted or are in the process.

Just ordered some Bilstein B16's, Rota (fake Rays) Fighter in bronze and Federal 595 RSR to go on, should hopefully be able to pick the car up next week.

Spoiler and hood are the bits that make it look ratty so it should look like a whole new car afterwards!

Some more pics. I think Mr Dott lives at TGM. I'm tempted to leave the sticker on the intake for lol's.

51d3cdfbc62ac097c0b37db544cf090f.jpg

New front brake kit fitted with Pagid RS29 pads and TGM lines all round. Tom's put some race car wheels on the front on as the standard wheels need 15mm spacers. On the shopping list.

4cccfc5fb92d6420359db87b5887b971.jpg

baef6f8ed1fe398f4902d20fb01d429f.jpg

e1d11b805b2aa8d7c8d94793b2ad128a.jpg

New OEM rear discs and Project Mu HC800 pads.

95e499ae7d811783b40fe06f6f6d5ffc.jpg

Front arches have had a quick mop, paint is coming up well. The red bonnet isn't mine, my CF one is getting fixed/painted so it needs something on it for the time being.

89054e5fee83f118030bff977b282ed3.jpg

f51cc21a867317730b648fd7f043946c.jpg

Tom said the bilstein will be here tomorrow but nothing more will be getting done this week as they are preparing for a race.

ef8eb26fd3c80608bbd2fdf7b43d42c4.jpg

FD2R

Back