• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

DC5 restoration - track project

In that respect, I'd be treating it like a crash helmet purchase - buy what fits you best rather than any particular make/model.

Standard seats are designed for emaciated racing snakes with no hips :lol:

Racing snakes indeed. Yeah, try as many as you can, my voluptuous a55 didn't make it easy! They don't have to be uncomfortably tight, once you're strapped in you won't be going anywhere. You could always have them wide enough for comfort and have a couple bits of foam down the sides for playtime. Or just eat doughnuts until you fit.

There must be a few places around there with a selection, GSM Performance must only be a couple of hours away.

Merlin Motorsports are at Castle Combe, GPR, Competition Supplies and Mode Performance at Silverstone.

Capital Seating in Leicester are a major Recaro supplier.

I just discovered that Tegiwank sell Brides now. What could possibly go wrong.....

35ba88dde4452eadc022daf172aea0d5.jpg

This wasn't the Genuine Thai Bride I ordered!

How amusing. Starts off as a ride, turns into a bride, and then slopes off into darkness. Just like relationship/ marriage...

Little update. The head unit that was in the car is pump so I bought a Double DIN Android unit from Amazon for £209. They've been getting really good reviews so I thought why not. You get access to the Play store so you can install apps such as Spotify and what not. I was hoping it would cure left speaker not working as well.

Old one.

dc54eda296ce27f408830b01740b0adc.jpg

New one in. I may have to remove it again so I can fit the surround.

f8cbec8f45a34ee2b7c16d11b73e0faf.jpg

9a3fe19297914b9f51dc34c934ea8ab2.jpg

Mic location.

f4d58512ab5d4fadde1cddd48b985252.jpg

Very happy with it and I now have two working speakers! It's better than the one I had in the Evo which cost about £650 from memory.

Android head units have really come a long way in the last few years.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Why does it have a Windows logo?

It changes the interface to one that I think is more designed around being in cars than a vanilla looking Android one. Why it's a Windows logo I don't know as it's certainly not fast switching to Windows!

Two track days booked this year so far, Brands on the 10th of Feb and then Spa in April. I want to do Silverstone as well towards the end of February but to be honest I'm remortgaging at the moment and have had to pay for a load of crap so I'm not sure if I'll do it. I guess getting old is making me sensible with money...

Unfortunately I haven't driven the car all that much as it's been too cold and wet but I will try and get out this weekend. I'm still really enjoying it though and love seeing it outside of the house - it looks so damned good. I know I've not had it long however I haven't even begun thinking about getting another car yet, and for those who know me, that's quite some achievement! The only thing I could see me changing it for right now is an FD2 however I don't see what one would offer me over this one on track considering the huge expense required to buy and modify one.

The gearbox mods etc will have to wait till after this years track season I think, or perhaps towards the back end of the summer. I was looking at February but the tax man visited with no lube so that's now a distant memory.

Glad to hear you're still enjoying Chris. I have to say, if my passion for cars hadn't shifted more towards drifting, I'd still happily have my DC5. Like you say, there's nothing that even tempted me to swap, they really are a great car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe when funds allow I'll buy a cheap MX5 and learn, perhaps if I was any good at RWD car control I wouldn't have binned the S2000. :lol:

Back