• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

DC5 restoration - track project

Given who I was seeing when I owned my DC5, you might want to get yourself checked out ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
There's 4 spare wheels with AD08R's on, two more wheels in boxes without tyres, a Mugen airbox, jack, axle stands, toolbox, oil, washer fluid, torque wrench, impact gun, helmet/gloves, warm jacket, workshop gloves, small suitcase in the passenger footwell and some other random crap.

You can carry my luggage on the way to spa

Me and Lyns slept in my old Teg at JAE last time it was at Kettering. It was okay until I need to pee in the middle of the nite and couldn't get the boot back open from the inside :lol::lol:

:lol::lol: This was the year you got held up by your Takatas so you didn't headbutt the steering wheel :lol:

I'll reply properly tomorrow. Little bit hanging at the minute and heading to the pub shortly.

Basically I got black flagged for noise, I think it was the Gruppe M, as once I put the Mugen on I didn't get flagged again.

[video=youtube_share;9-OXltCzdG8]https://youtu.be/9-OXltCzdG8[/video]

I'll reply properly tomorrow. Little bit hanging at the minute and heading to the pub shortly.

Basically I got black flagged for noise, I think it was the Gruppe M, as once I put the Mugen on I didn't get flagged again.

There's something beautifully sexual about your sniff and grunt 2 seconds in :lol:

Looks pretty slippery out there, would have been a bit different in your s2k I bet!

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

WTF was that marshal moaning about with the GoPro? STFU and let me on track already :lol:

I don't understand the fuss about camera's, don't you sign a disclaimer that everything you do is at your own risk.

Nearly every Drift even you go to, people have GoPro's all over their cars, inside and out. If there's any event that a small, flying object is going to be dangerous at, it's one where no one really has any issues with running bits of their cars against walls, tyres and other cars :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mate brands hatch are so fussy :eek:

Made me take off my gopro which was mounted on my helmet. If it can with stand 140+ mph on a motorbike i think it will be fine inside a car :D

Looks pretty slippery out there, would have been a bit different in your s2k I bet!

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

The S2K that was there did spin. To be fair there was at least one DC5 that span, grip was very limited.

I don't understand the fuss about camera's, don't you sign a disclaimer that everything you do is at your own risk.

I don't know what's written on the forms, I just sign them. :lol:

mate brands hatch are so fussy :eek:

Made me take off my gopro which was mounted on my helmet. If it can with stand 140+ mph on a motorbike i think it will be fine inside a car :D

Yeah they were pretty bad. We were in the drivers briefing at the start and one of the marshal's came in saying 'don't want to be the fun police but...'.

I may know someone who wants the gruppe m.

Cheers, someone on the Teg forum interested as well.

Well, Brands Hatch. I was always weary of booking a track day in February, however there have been some warm (ish) dry days so there was always a chance it would be nice. Well, it wasn't - it was trying to snow all day and I think it stayed at about 0 degrees. When it wasn't attempting to snow, it was raining. The circuit as a result was like an ice rink, barely any grip and I could feel the back of the car twitching going into a lot of bends including Paddock!

I had a choice of two tyres with me, Federal RS-R's and AD08R's. I tried both out, I think maybe the Federal's warmed up a little easier but in reality in the conditions, they were both as bad as each other. I couldn't get any warmth into the rears at all and the fronts were nearly as bad. Still, I had fun and it's nice to drive the car in such low grip conditions to really get a feel for it. I think something like Uniroyal Rainsports would have been suited better to the conditions!

As I've posted in here I was always weary of the Gruppe M causing noise issues at circuits. I don't think I've ever been anywhere as bad as Brands, that said I wasn't all that surprised to have got black flagged. I had the Mugen with me and the plan was to swap them over lunch, however that was brought forward somewhat! It should have been an easy job, however I managed to round one of the bolts on the strut brace which then took about half an hour to remove. It seems some idiot (me) over-tightnened them... top tip, don't try and fit a Mugen airbox with a brace fitted as it's far from easy. Massive thanks to Carl Hammond on the teg forum for the help he gave and to his mates that gave some tips on removing the bolt etc. I'm an IT guy, not mechanic! All fitted, ignore the breather hose, I've had to borrow the GM one till I get a proper one sorted. The box is also fitted with a single bolt so that needs rectifying.

z6KZLhD.jpg

Once the new box was fitted it was pretty much lunch time, however I had no further issues with the marshal's thankfully. So it wasn't a massive waste of money. In terms of difference between them, obviously the Mugen is a lot quieter but still sounds really good. I think perhaps the car is a little less eager to rev but that could just be due to the quietness of it as the noise of the GM does make you feel like you're going faster. Also, the car hasn't been mapped in like 5 years, and I've now changed the airbox and exhaust so it definitely needs mapping soon!

XSP_9562.jpg

XSP_9558.jpg

XSP_9540.jpg

XSP_9531.jpg

XSP_9519.jpg

XSP_9413.jpg

XSP_9393.jpg

XSP_9388.jpg

XSP_9224.jpg

XSP_9200.jpg

I do have more videos, I'll try and get them uploaded this week.

Just ordered more bits for her and booked her in for a remap in a few weeks. She's not been mapped for some time and since then I've changed the exhaust and the intake so I figured I would. As with all remaps where I'm getting it done, a full health check will be carried out.

Back