• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Deposit down!

Could be due to higher taxes? We have here 17% VAT, the only tax when purchasing a new car.
Yeah in absolute figures the Type R is cheaper here on the continental side than in UK. However the pricing ratios remain roughly the same relative to the competition.

I've put my GT Spec order in too. They have no idea of specs, price or delivery dates yet so winging it a bit. Subaru Sti and Evo driver for the last 20 years so I hope I'm not disappointed. Surely I won't be!!! I fancied something a little different this time round and this car looks awesome on paper :)

Mutley, can I ask have you been asked to put a further contribution to the deposit from your dealer, or was it £3k upfront originally?

Cheers

Its 3k to confirm & usually a further 7k towards the end (I've just been through my email history) then on collection its paperwork & sort PCP on the final lump sum.
Might be different on the fk8 as it's not a limited run

It's always refundable. I've been told that plenty of times and got the deposit back...

On new pre orders though?
I was told as its "made to order" for the customer, 3k down to secure the car is needed & it's non refundable, I'm sure that came from Honda themselves.
I remember weighing up the options when they unveiled the the car without the horn spoiler, walkaway 3k out of pocket or hang it out.
I kept all the letters & paperwork from Honda will have a route through tomorrow & see if there was anything about further payments

Ignore the above I have 2 emails regarding the 3k deposit, 1st says non refundable but just been through more & I've found one with me querying 3k deposit without knowing what the car will look like & he reassures me it's refundable, dealers :rolleyes:

Paid outright, dealer was really pushing PCP on to me & I had a feeling he was taking advantage of my good nature, turned out I was right because he passed me on to his colleague & told me it was his last day (he's still there)

Mutley, can I ask have you been asked to put a further contribution to the deposit from your dealer, or was it £3k upfront originally?

Cheers

Definitely just the £3K deposit and no more.

I've just been told dealer cars arriving July and customer cars arriving September. My dealer doesn't know if the September date is for pre-order cars. He thinks pre-order cars may be earlier but is awaiting confirmation.

Lots of reviews slating the way the fk8 type R looks. I think it looks really good. Visually it has that same hard core presence of the FK2 which i loved.
Sounds like a great car

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

I put a deposit down on brilliant sporty blue one paid for 5 years servicing for £600 at Holden Honda Norwich. Got to sell my beloved champ white Fn2 if I knew delivery was. Any ideas people?

fdb7a919b15cdda7313fada05cfdcdd6.png

So just a quick update pre orders will arrive September people

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isn't that the concept FK2 in the signature?

Will have to arrange a test drive at my local dealership.

A lot of US dealers have been marking up CTRs due to availability. The worst case I've seen was, "Additional dealer profit = $24,999" on an invoice, bringing total price over $60k. Unreal.

Hi all.
My first post on this site.
Just put my deposit down for a blue gt. Told by the dealer September delivery. Happy days

Back